Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

I will certainly give BK another try as I would eat there often if they were using the same kind of beef that I remember them using in the US when I lived there.

I used to eat BK's bacon double cheeseburgers a fair bit but....one day I found I couldn't enjoy it....tried a few more times but to no avail. Maybe the recipe had changed or whatever I'm not sure.

Over ten years now....dam_n I used to like them too....this was in the UK....

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best cheeseburger I've had in Pattaya is at a small off the beaten-path place called the Momento at the pool-side of the a french resort called "Coco". It is difficult to find but worth the effort. You need a car or motorbike. It is off Thappraya Rd (Soi 15?) by the Mata Hari. Go down the hill then left at the bottom and the right. The burger uses imported beef, are huge (200 grams) with a huge portion of french fries. Cost is 210 baht for the cheeseburger. The restaurant has a french flavor although they serve burgers and pasta. All the food is delicious with very large portions. Two thumbs up. Negatives (besides location)are it is outdoors so consequently you might be seated next to a smoker(s).

Thousand island dressing is mayo and ketchup, but I will admit that the bacon makes the lousy beef taste much better. :D

I am not sure when the last time was that you tried a burger at BK, but if it has been a long time, you might want to try again. I never really liked BK that much and certainly never liked McD. But lately BK seems to be making a much better burger. I think the prices went up too. Yes, the bacon probably makes a dry burger taste better. Really, the meat at BK seems different from the others and more similar to what I really like back in the USA. I wish Whataburger and Wendy's would come here, then we really would be getting very good burgers at a good price. By the way, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a burger today. :)

I used to eat at Wendy's when it was on Pat Pong in Bangkok. I think they closed about the time of the crisis in 97. I was good though and I wish they would come back.

Sam's mexican food does do a good burger IMO.

I used to eat at Wendy's when it was on Pat Pong in Bangkok. I think they closed about the time of the crisis in 97. I was good though and I wish they would come back.

Wendy's makes really good burgers (yuuuummmm). I had no idea it was here in the past. Sam's Mexican Food? Is that the place near the arch on the backside? I have never eaten there. I wonder if the owner knows that Sunrise Tacos is going to open right across the street from where he is located (ouch).

Wendy's makes really good burgers (yuuuummmm). I had no idea it was here in the past. Sam's Mexican Food? Is that the place near the arch on the backside? I have never eaten there. I wonder if the owner knows that Sunrise Tacos is going to open right across the street from where he is located (ouch).

I actually like the Simple Simons burgers at 2 for 165 baht including chips but get them to give you a dish of mayo for the bun. I can't eat 2 of these so I take one home for later - it's good value and tasty. The Momma Burger Stand in front of the Rompho Beer Complex (Aussie Bar) is my favorite take away for burgers, fries and their bacon roll.

Sams Mexican is near the overhead arch and opposite Shennanigans on the small road that loops around to 2nd road. The new Sunrise Tacos will literally be a stones throw away with better road exposure right on Thappraya Road. It's nice to see some competition here and hopefully that will translate into good pricing, quality and service. Who would have thought Jomtien would end up having 3 Mexican restaurants when you include Mikes Mexican.

Really? I found it quite small, overcooked, and with the usual suspect Thai beef. It was served on a tiny appetizer sized plate which was wise because if served on a normal plate it would have looked ridiculous. Perhaps they should repackage as a sliders platter, three on a plate, for a fair price.

Sam's Mexican won't be able to compete with Sunrise on Mexican food, taste-wise or price-wise. Sunrise will have nine homemade salsas and handmade tortillas, Sam's offers one sub-par salsa.

If I was the owner, I would drop the Mexican and go all American. But much more (and better) than their current American offerings. It's possible.

To start, I would offer a fantastic gourmet hamburger in the 250-300 baht level. Large sized, cooked to order, imported beef, choice of quality toppings. The burger competition is so poor in town it would not be all that hard to offer the best in the province at that price level.

Not exactly classically American, but where in town can you get a platter of fried squid and chips, the type you could find in cities like Santa Cruz?

Edited by Jingthing

The best cheeseburger I've had in Pattaya is at a small off the beaten-path place called the Momento at the pool-side of the a french resort called "Coco". It is difficult to find but worth the effort. You need a car or motorbike. It is off Thappraya Rd (Soi 15?) by the Mata Hari. Go down the hill then left at the bottom and the right. The burger uses imported beef, are huge (200 grams) with a huge portion of french fries. Cost is 210 baht for the cheeseburger. The restaurant has a french flavor although they serve burgers and pasta. All the food is delicious with very large portions. Two thumbs up. Negatives (besides location)are it is outdoors so consequently you might be seated next to a smoker(s).

This place is a real bargain. Hard to find but worth the effort. Had a excellent burger (yes, imported beef) although the fries (enormous portion) were a little soggy to my taste.

I checked the menu of the new Jomtien restaurant called 1921 today.

They call themselves a brasserie but the menu is very limited, mostly featuring ...

BURGERS ... also some baguette sandwiches, steak and chips, etc. It's a bit frou frou, located on the right hand side of Thappraya when approaching Dongtan police box.

The burger menu boasts 100 percent pure beef. Big deal, if they don't say it's imported, its Thai beef so they may as well say 100 percent pure shit.

The size of the burger is 200 grams, and the plates include chips. The prices are 200 to 300 baht depending on topping choices.

I didn't bother trying it. I just don't like Thai beef and won't pay even 200 baht for a Thai beef burger.

Perhaps some burger addicts can try it and post their various opinions on the new place. After all, they are positioning themselves mostly as a higher end burger spot.

To my view, so close yet so far. They should do decent beef, perhaps 250 grams, maybe start at 250 baht instead of 200 and then they might have had something ...

Since this topic has gone all to <deleted>, i will now add my opinion of fast food type burgers.....Wimpey!!! oh how i loved a Wimpey half pounder!!!! christmas time they did a buy one get one free thing.......awesome ammount of food smells in my car!!

What happened to Wimpey?

Since this topic has gone all to <deleted>, i will now add my opinion of fast food type burgers.....Wimpey!!! oh how i loved a Wimpey half pounder!!!! christmas time they did a buy one get one free thing.......awesome ammount of food smells in my car!!

What happened to Wimpey?

Still knocking out knickerbockerglories in my home town...and excellent burgers as well. No sign of an expansion east....hell if they did from there they would be selling from a boat in the North Sea! biggrin.gif

Since HardRock is closed....

there r few good burgers in Dine 99bath only on Jamtien. For 210 bath, and super huge DOUBLE cheeseburger for 275 bath(2 200gr meats). Thai beef, but still was ok...Much better then 300 bath Burger King triple beef burger.

If u wanna taste 100-150 bath burger go to Oz burger or Just burger on Jamtien.Those burgers r OK to eat.

Best burgers in Asia - in macau Blue Frog bar (venitian)

Best street burgers in Asia - Kuala Lumpur OM burger and Burger Bobby

Going in HK for a few days..will try to find smth there

P.S. and yes,iam Veg. 98% of time. But i love to eat good burger once in 3-5 month )))

Well, I tried out Restaurant 1921 yesterday. Looks like a real professional operation.

Ordered the cheeseburger and it was quite tasty.

Came with lettuce, tomato, jalapeno slices, onion, a delicious relish, on a nice toasted sesame bun with fries and a small salad.

If they would upgrade to a juicier beef, I'd rate it a 10.

280 baht, including the cola.

Well, I tried out Restaurant 1921 yesterday. Looks like a real professional operation.

Came with lettuce, tomato, jalapeno slices, onion, a delicious relish, on a nice toasted sesame bun with fries and a small salad.

can u give me clue of the location of 1921 on Jomtien?

Sounds almost tempting. However the CC in me is thinking, 280 baht for THAI beef?!?

Thanks for the review.

Edited by Jingthing

• 4 weeks later...

Iam and my wife were looking for a chiken hamburger today. So we decided to stop and check them at Just Burgers. I parked my PCX near "road menu". My wife came to check burgers, while i was still sitting on my PCX. I must admit that i park incorrectly, but i did no problems to anybody. Here comes the owner of Just Burgers(farang) with friendly greeting - "FCK OFF". Very nice.

We just left. Will never return there.

Iam and my wife were looking for a chiken hamburger today. So we decided to stop and check them at Just Burgers. I parked my PCX near "road menu". My wife came to check burgers, while i was still sitting on my PCX. I must admit that i park incorrectly, but i did no problems to anybody. Here comes the owner of Just Burgers(farang) with friendly greeting - "FCK OFF". Very nice.

can you give more details as to where you parked?

i may just want to call in when i want to let off some steam......

Edited by timekeeper

can you give more details as to where you parked?

i may just want to call in when i want to let off some steam......

I cant even call it "parked". There is a menu on the stand near the road. So i just stopped near it and asked my wife to go and check do they have chiken burger or not. End of story -in my prev post.

Iam not angry at all. Why should i steam?

If you are willing to travel a little try CC Road house on Siam Country Club Road about 3 to 4 Km up towards the lale, on the left, the Burgers are superb :P and so is the other food. :D

its the best i have found in the area.

If you are willing to travel a little try CC Road house on Siam Country Club Road about 3 to 4 Km up towards the lale, on the left, the Burgers are superb :P and so is the other food. :D

More like 6-7 kilos.

+1

All the food here very good.

The Breakfast and the Burgers are 2 of my favourites.

1. Very nice interier

2. Burger with fries

3. Egg+cheese burger - 145bath

1+2+3 = Best burger for that price in Pattaya so far.

Edited by YuryBalyasnikov

More like 6-7 kilos.

6-7 kilos...that's a huge burger...unsure.gif