Hospital Jomtien/pattya

bangkokrick

Hi guys,

I am new to this area and I had an accident resulting in, I think a dislocated shoulder Is there a decent hospital nearby. Any recommendation?

Cheers, Rick

I would guess if you dislocated your shoulder that you wouldn't be typing away on Thaivisa :)

Decent hospitals? Pattaya Bangkok Hospital, but wildly expensive and not shy to whack you with totally unneeded treaments to boost heir revenue! Best equipped however.

PIH, between soi 4 and 5. Bit cheaper then BPH I would guess, pretty decent.

Pattaya Memorial, there you go if nothing serious.

Cheaper alternatives are to go to either Sri Racha (Phyathai and Samitivej) or Sattahip (Queen Sirjit) where you get pretty much the same standards at a lower price. For major things the savings can be quite substantial.

I can recommend Dr. Thongsuk, an orthopaedic surgeon at BPH. I've been seeing him for some years now, and he's worked wonders for my arthritis.

I was on a routine visit last Friday to have a blood check, and I've been suffering from a shoulder pain for months. I'd assumed this was a rotator cuff tear from swimming, but as time went by so it seemed less and less likely. Anyway, he had a look at it and we had a long chat. His diagnosis was cervical spondylosis with radiculopathy, and having since looked it up on the internet, I think he's spot on.

The blood sample and analysis, plus a long chat with him about the arthritis and the new problem, cost less than 900 Baht. :) Highly recommended. P.S. he doesn't work Thursdays or Saturdays.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, very useful. Following the post by Monty I went to Pattaya memorial hospital, as it is fairly convenient for me. It took me around one hour to get X rays and to be seen by a doctor, so i was very happy with the service. I am also very happy that my shoulder is not dislocated, just badly bruised. The whole thing including medication was 1100 Baht.

Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated.

Cheers, Rick