90 Day Reporting At Udon Thani

I went to the Udon Thani airport today with my Thai wife, last door down (thanks to the prior poster for saving us a long walk). There are three ports of windows, all manned, plus a supervisor in a separate office.

There were three people ahead of me; two older men, and a Thai woman with a child. The officers there were very efficient, and two kept their cool despite the older guys being a bit, uhmmm, obstinate, despite the fact that had not kept to the regs. The Thai woman with the child left smiling.

I showed the T.M.47 filled out, copies of all relevant pages of the passport, copy of the yellow tambien baan first page, and so on. The officer nodded and smiled, and pulled out a form for reporting of an alien in the household. Being fast on her feet, my wife talked with the officer for a minute or two, then she filled out the form and signed it, and the officer was happy enough. She needed a copy, and the officer did that, and charged 10 baht. But, he also made it clear that the 90-day report did not hinge on the alien reporting. I asked him a question that has been sorted here on TV, and he didn't know the answer, and said that he would find out in the next three days, and to phone him. NOTE: he only kept the TM47, gave me back all other copies. Up to you, but I'd still bring them along, you never know when things change.

The officer also said that right now, they're only doing simple reports, 90 reports and such. He said they hoped to be completely up and running by the end of the year, but to phone him if I had any questions about the extension process. And he smiled and said he's looking forward to seeing me in December for the extension of my retirement visa.

Short version: Nice guy, offered assistance, was clear and concise. Never a suggestion of money. Small office with not many customers when I showed up. I give it a thumbs up :-)

I also can report that I checked the office out yesterday, just to make sure and satisfy myself, although I trust Taffia's report. Small office staff friendly.

I will be attending tomorrow for my 90 day stamp.

There was an American guy there with his wife and he was informed to go to Nong Khai on the 12th next month to re-new his marriage Visa, so I would think it will be a while before they are fully up and running.

An interesting point was the American told me that they did not give him a full 90 days that would run through his next re-newal but a date only up to 12th November, the3n its a clean start on your new visa, this if true is a good idea, because if you live some distance away, sometimes your next visit can be two weeks later, but wait and see if this procedure will be generally implemented.

General report nice and easy location, lets hope there friendliness is not changed !!!!!!!!