Adolph Hitler Removed From Pattaya

george

Is this thread sponsored by the wax museum? Aren't you curious to go now to confirm the presence of lack of presence of the waxy Führer? It would be really quite amusing if they put up a silly sign saying this display for entertainment purposes only, he doesn't really still live, and we think he was a very, very bad man.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Removing the billboard would have been enough of a compromise, but being forced to remove a wax figure from a private business, is ridiculous!

Excuse me! Back to reality. Point me to one source where it says they will not display the Hitler wax figure? The controversy was about the bad taste advert. I agree they should keep the wax figure. If they do remove it, they did this to themselves by running with that inflammatory billboard.

Look at the tens of billions of dollars Jews from all over the world have milked out of the Holocaust.

I think such a thing would be very hard to quantify but it sure sounds impressive, tens of billions, why not trillions? Anyway, do remember that the Nazis stole massive wealth from the Jews all over Europe and some of that (probably a small portion actually) has indeed been legitimately recovered by the survivor's families. But how much are millions of gassed children worth, you tell me?

How many billions of dollars has the Government of Germany given to so-called "Holocaust survivors?" I assure it is in the tens of billions of dollars.

A person can get three years in prison in Germany for displaying ANY Nazi symbol. Prison sentences can and are given to those who question the Holocaust numbers, the gas chambers, etc. in France, Germany & Canada. There are persons serving time in prison right now in Germany & Canada for their writings concerning such questions - which are legitimate as far as history is concerned - of the Holocaust numbers and the gas chambers. Zylon B - an insecticide was used because of louse - and these so-called "ovens" were built by the Russians in Poland for the purpose of making money from the tourists.

Are you honestly trying to deny that the holocaust occurred? I am all for believing odd conspiracies, but this is absolutely nonsensical.

So the Brits, Russians, Americans and the occupied states of Europe fabricated a lie on the scale of which has never been managed in human history to put Jewry on top of the world? Millions of people sent by train across Europe with documentation to prove it to places the such of which most people in Europe wouldn't even have even been able to name? The worlds most macabre Disney land was created to gouge money out of tourists?

Lies fall down when too many people are involved to keep the truth from coming out. Zyklon B was an excellent delouser, except it was also fatal to humans.

Absolutely ridiculous removing it. All countries particularly Israel and Germany have always said that we should not forget. What they are saying here is hide it and no one will know or remember WWII and the Haulocast.

There are more appropriate methods of education. How would Thais feel if an image of a Thai was used to promote a questionable product in another country. For example, let's say a detested or a revered person's image was used to promote a massage parlor in Bremen?

Probably a bunch of Jews complaining is my guess. Funny thing is how they've gone and done basically the same thing with Palestine, albeit in a more politically correct and less brutal manner.

This is one of the most ignorant comments I have read in TV. There are a great many groups that do not wish to be reminded of this madman. For example, Hitler ordered the murder of Canadian POWs at Dieppe. For Canadians that had their family members executed, it is extremely offensive. Would you accept an image of Jack the Ripper announcing an exhibition of ladies fashions? What does Palestine have to do with this?

One sees the education and age gap of TV here. Most Germans under the age of 40 will be offended and insulted by this image. There is more to Germany than this maniac. My German colleagues find such images distressing and deeply resent seeing such images that serve no purpose other than to elicit attention. I am grateful that the German government protested vigorously. Had it not been for the Germans, the Israeli pleas would have been ignored. Once again, Germany steps up for moral leadership where others fall short. If only some of these people that do not grasp the moral paucity here could be sent back in time to live in occupied Europe, or better yet a death camp, they might appreciate this.

Am shocked , and pretty disgusted, to see that anti-semitism is alive and well. Some of the comments here defy belief.

It`s alive and well, but it doesn’t get them anywhere.

During the two world wars, many more enemy individuals where killed in proportion to the minority groups and their opposition that they murdered.

For those that believe the holocaust was exaggerated or didn’t happen at all, that’s even better news because it means that even more individuals of the axis powers were killed in proportion to the allies.

In essence they are a bunch of losers and self righteous obsessed morons who bring on self destruction and are the victims of their own actions, now trying to use the only weapon they have left, is that of letting off a lot of steam on how everything is run by Jewish conspirators.

it is not only Hitler- I wonder what it was the leaders of all these other countries saw for them to think the same way ?

" Cuba shares "honors" with six other nations: Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea and Syria - all virulently anti-American. And this partnership is bonded mainly by anti-Semitism. "

Edited by midas

Nothing upset´s me anymore when it comes to Thai´s .. you just have to love them! 555 :)

Little did i know about Thailand and Thai culture 10 years ago so how could they know about this .. told GF about Hitler , WWII etc. couple of years ago and she had never heard about it so dont blame Thai People , blame the regime! :D

Thai people are very free and positive about the way they see the world, they are so easyt about their lives, and you Farangs who live in Thailand many years should know better...Just tell the Thai and let them know about your hurtful feeling. After that they will do the appropriate action for you...

After 911 incident I got a call from my Thai friend who wanted to send me Bin Laden Tee shirts. She said they sold them in the markets...I was not too happy about this but, could not laugh so hard about her well intention, she really meant no harm just want to give me stuffs...after I explained to her she apologized

and felt so bad. I knew she did not mean no harm...well that is my take and opinion.

I swore I wasn't going to waste my time anymore replying to anyone on this silly website but this demands a response. A while back ago I said it seemed to me that when 'commons sense' was passed out by whomever that they forgot Thailand. Here is yet another example.

With all the t-shirts available to sell in Thailand one has to ask why your gf chose one with Bin Laden on it after he killed 3000 Americans. It is absolutely revolting. And as far as the sign goes leave it up the Thais sell the T-shirts with Hitler on it along with swastika's everywhere. Just another indication that education here is non-existant.

And with all due respect to Budda who preached calmness and patience he never owned a motorcycle as far as I know. If he did he too undoubtedly would be cussing out the idiots who travel the Thai roadways. These morons couldn't get a kiddy car license in Europe or the US.

Some museum guy in Thailand didn't know the ad would be offensive? Get real. There are plenty of Thais who know about Hitler and the Nazis.

This has been going on for year and years -- Thais wear swastikas, fly Nazi flags, wear Waffen SS biker helmets etc because Thais know it sets farangs on fire in our reactions. Anytime Thais want to yank the farang chain, they trot out the Nazi stuff. It's like Pavlov's dog to we farangs but I stopped buying the Thais' proclaimed innocence in this long ago.

How many billions of dollars has the Government of Germany given to so-called "Holocaust survivors?" I assure it is in the tens of billions of dollars.

A person can get three years in prison in Germany for displaying ANY Nazi symbol. Prison sentences can and are given to those who question the Holocaust numbers, the gas chambers, etc. in France, Germany & Canada. There are persons serving time in prison right now in Germany & Canada for their writings concerning such questions - which are legitimate as far as history is concerned - of the Holocaust numbers and the gas chambers. Zylon B - an insecticide was used because of louse - and these so-called "ovens" were built by the Russians in Poland for the purpose of making money from the tourists.

Guess you don`t believe the holocaust is a fact, but I do, take that anyway you want.

Many Jews that was killed were just your average Jew next door type, only ordinary citizens mostly loyal and native to their home countries. Even those with part Jewish blood who maybe did not know they had Jewish blood went to the gas.

I agree that there was lots of dosh paid out to victims of the Holocaust, but keeping in mind it was not only Jews who suffered at the hands of the nazis. In fact the numbers of Jews murdered was minimal to others that were murdered during the holocaust, only the amount of Jews killed was a high percentage according to the Jewish population figures at the time, but for the others it was a lower percentage regarding their populations, but in fact their number of deaths was higher. Hope this makes sense without confusing anyone.

Retribution compensation was paid to anyone who was assumed to have been a victim of the Holocaust or any other nazi atrocities. For example 20 million Russians were murdered by the German’s, Poland I believe lost a third of it`s Christian population. Wonder when someone will dispute that. In France whole villages were wiped out, men, women and children slaughtered for no reason.

Retribution money was paid to many worldwide, not only to the Jewish survivors.

I think that the Jews shout loudest against something like this Hitler poster, is because their population took the brunt of the loss, even if they were not the majority of those who were victims of that evil regime.

And as for those harsh prison sentences, I doubt if it`s only the Jews that are pushing for this, although I do not have any facts and wait for someone to enlighten me.

I suggest that some of you educate yourselves about the horrors of nazi Germany.

Take your time, do some research, ignore the Jewish part altogether and look at the historical facts on how families, peoples lives and whole populations were distroyed under the force of the nazi Jack boot. And if you still consider Hitler had some good points, than look deep into yourself and ask, what am I about?

Edited by sassienie

Nothing upset´s me anymore when it comes to Thai´s .. you just have to love them! 555 :)

Little did i know about Thailand and Thai culture 10 years ago so how could they know about this .. told GF about Hitler , WWII etc. couple of years ago and she had never heard about it so dont blame Thai People , blame the regime! :D

How could she not know about it? WWII is part of thai history. Thais sided with the Japanese, Japan sided with Germany (Hitler) Has she never heard of the infamous Thai/Burma Railway and the bridge over the River Kwai? We learnt in schools of the treatment afforded to allied prisoners of war at the hands of Thai and Japanese soldiers during the building of the Thai / Burma Railway from Bangkok through to burma

Knowing about WW2 - I would say No! The Thais know just about nothing. My ex girl friend had the name Dai - I called her Lady Di referring to Princess Diana, at the time probably the most well known person in the world. I showed her a photo of the princess and she asked me who she was.

Reminds me of the famed Thewphaingarm School Nazi parade, another great moment in Thai insensitivity to other cultures. LOL :)

That renowned school didn't know what Hitler and the Nazis are to farang? The school even suckered some farang in its emploly in the atrocious "ceremony."

I reiterate the Thai recurring and high visibility displays of Hitler and Nazi artifacts and parahanalia which has been going on for years and years is not done out of ignorance or innocence of intent. Thais always apologize and state their regrets then soon do it again, and yet again. Thais have been doing this kind of thing for a long time.

You could not be more wrong that Jews want to forget about Hitler. I can't even begin to tell you how misguided you are. That is not the same thing as not considering an advert saying He lives very bad taste. There is a place to learn about Hitler, books, real museums, movies, school, etc. etc. Really, do not get one thing confused with the other. This was about a very vulgar advert. I can't speak for Germans but I think maybe they really do wish the Hitler stuff would stop, its not something they are proud of. Most countries including my own have had dark periods we aren't proud of (including recently), but Nazi Germany certainly could win some prizes for its extremes.

Hitler_Beer_Hall.BMP

See these places in Korea many years ago!

Below are 2 good reasons why a placard of Hitler displayed in all his glory should be taken down.

My grandfather during WW1 and my Dad during WW2.

Twice we did the Germans down.

Rule Britannia.

Thanks so much for posting you and your family history, with all respect I am so proud of you and your ancestors who fought the World War I and stopped Hitler to invage the world...

My heart and soul always go with the loss of others...I am sorry to all people who died in the World war I II. I hope we can stop what is going on in the world at this point...my regard and opinion.

the enemy is war.

there is not a big difference in dropping bombs over Berlin, Bagdhad, Dien Bin Phu, Coventry, Guernica, Nagasaki, Kandahar or Dresden.

War is much more then only soldiers not returning back home.

Rule Britannia, Pax Britannica, Pax Americana, Kalifonia �ber alles - that is war.

uncounted, nameless, unsung are the civilian victims.

for example, the Death Railway , "lest we forget". besides the Allied soldiers that died, that well published part of the history by the former colonial powers - who knows the number of civilian death, counted them, knows their nationality, knows their names, commemorates them?

there is an element of truth in stating that the european WWII theatre has a different value, different relevance from an asian view point, in asian time line of history.

history books in india, malaysia or other former colonies set the emphasis on other events.

and there are wars and crusades in history with an higher death count than the holocoust on the jewish people in europe, but the total number is not the point here. there is a singularity in the horror of the holocoust - it is the systematic, the bureaucratic organised mass murder, the industrialised killings. part of that story is also the voyage of the ocean liner MS St. Louis.

the key is to find the balance, a critical reflection, impartial, an emphatically sober historiography.

----------------

on the topic:

a collection of wax figures has not much to do with teaching/learning history. having 'Hitler in Pattaya' is not ill-intentioned, revisionist, uneducated. it is an oddity, an cabinet of curiosities. it is the nature of such shows. the alleged broke of a taboo is only a taboo if you see something irrational, some occult aura, some unexplainable mystics, metaphysical spirit surrounding Hitler, creation of a taboo, even represented in a wax figurine. the advertising is maladroit, bad taste maybe, a lack of experience and knowledge of the western 'taboos'. but it is just a wax figures chamber, not the intellectual centre of the discourse in historical science. the didactic value is low, but it can deliver somekind of impulse to learn more. a play with curiosity.

having a controversy is always good for something. in a forum its good to talk about it, gives everybody the chance to rethink own viewpoints, listen to others, get new inputs to considerate or convince others that well-intentioned is often the opposite of well done. and you can spot the fanatics for your ignore list.

in relation, below an image of an ad for The History Channel, created by an agency from New Zealand. a 2005 Clio Awards Bronze Winner!

bronze2020the20history2.jpg

the caption reads: Just the highligts. Follow the lives of people who changed the world in our Biography series. Not every moment was equally fascinating, of course, but don't worry, we stick to the good bits.

edit:

for those who find the text below the Hitler photo in the History Channel Ad to small to be readable, i added what is written there.

Edited by Rumfoord

Some years ago I bought for my Thai wife a bilingual globe English-Thai, so that she little by little learnt something about the rest of the World.

It was one of my best investments ever.

I belive you .. i have a short video of mine when she´s standing in front a map of her own country .. im asking her where she comes from ... she looks at the map for 20 sec. and said´s: "Mei Lo"!

How Sweet!!!! :)

the enemy is war.

there is not a big difference in dropping bombs over Berlin, Bagdhad, Dien Bin Phu, Coventry, Guernica, Nagasaki, Kandahar or Dresden.

War is much more then only soldiers not returning back home.

Rule Britannia, Pax Britannica, Pax Americana, Kalifonia �ber alles - that is war.

uncounted, nameless, unsung are the civilian victims.....

War and hatred; opposite to peace and love. Lay Down Your Arms!!

How could she not know about it? WWII is part of thai history. Thais sided with the Japanese, Japan sided with Germany (Hitler) Has she never heard of the infamous Thai/Burma Railway and the bridge over the River Kwai? We learnt in schools of the treatment afforded to allied prisoners of war at the hands of Thai and Japanese soldiers during the building of the Thai / Burma Railway from Bangkok through to burma

Roughly 10,000 Allied prisoners died on the notorious railway. Contrast with the 90,000 Thais and Burmese who perished -- sided with the Japs -- another rewriter of history.

I for one am not going to respond to anyone who writes things like "so called ovens." Such people's words speak for themselves ...

:) at least you wrote OVEN and not gas chambers. Nobody deny that a lot of people died in concentration camps but there are a lot more

reasons for dying in such a camp.....

I for myself think that the joo`s are the last people on earth who wants to forget about the past and specially the third reich, they still make a lot

of money with it.

Try to say in Germany I AM PROUD TO BE A GERMAN LOL....you cant. What is totally normal for every other nation on this planet (doesnt matter they had "dark periods" or not) is absolutely no go for Germans. We are remembered every single day by jewish owned Mass Media how bad we have been and still are. Not so many bad news about Israel and its politics but day by day stories about the Nazis...one can think it becomes boring after 65 years of peace in Western Europe but obviously not for the jewish owned mass media. :D so WHY is that so?

Having been raised in Florida I have come to ignore them (those who will not be named). Their reach appears to be everywhere, yet, one shining bit of hope is my hero Bernie Madoff. He did more to remove their influence than any human in history by stealing 60 BILLION USD from them

GOOD ONE :D :D :D

You could not be more wrong that Jews want to forget about Hitler. I can't even begin to tell you how misguided you are. That is not the same thing as not considering an advert saying He lives very bad taste. There is a place to learn about Hitler, books, real museums, movies, school, etc. etc. Really, do not get one thing confused with the other. This was about a very vulgar advert. I can't speak for Germans but I think maybe they really do wish the Hitler stuff would stop, its not something they are proud of. Most countries including my own have had dark periods we aren't proud of (including recently), but Nazi Germany certainly could win some prizes for its extremes.

Hitler_Beer_Hall.BMP

See these places in Korea many years ago!

Dear Friend, Why do you not convert your picture to JPG or something similar ?

I for one am not going to respond to anyone who writes things like "so called ovens." Such people's words speak for themselves ...

:) at least you wrote OVEN and not gas chambers. Nobody deny that a lot of people died in concentration camps but there are a lot more

I for myself think that the joo`s are the last people on earth who wants to forget about the past and specially the third reich, they still make a lot

of money with it.

Try to say in Germany I AM PROUD TO BE A GERMAN LOL....you cant. What is totally normal for every other nation on this planet (doesnt matter they had "dark periods" or not) is absolutely no go for Germans. We are remembered every single day by jewish owned Mass Media how bad we have been and still are. Not so many bad news about Israel and its politics but day by day stories about the Nazis...one can think it becomes boring after 65 years of peace in Western Europe but obviously not for the jewish owned mass media. :D so WHY is that so?

Having been raised in Florida I have come to ignore them (those who will not be named). Their reach appears to be everywhere, yet, one shining bit of hope is my hero Bernie Madoff. He did more to remove their influence than any human in history by stealing 60 BILLION USD from them

GOOD ONE :D :D :D

OMG, a real anti-semitic German! Who would have thought it was even possible? Hint, of course it is OK to be proud to be German unless you think hating Jews is integral to the German soul, and I don't believe that. BTW, most modern Jews do not hate Germans. We are smart enough to separate Nazis from Germans.

Edited by Jingthing

Since this thread has taken off all over the place, I would like to address a number of issues.

I think the fact that as time passes some historical events seem less relevant to the youth of today. I am not saying this is right or the best situation. Certainly one is better at judging what their political leaders are doing if they have a little appreciation of history. As someone said, even in Viet Nam today most of the population is young and have little knowledge of the events of the Viet Nam war only 35 years ago. World War II may seem like yesterday for some and modern history for others, but for most of the world's population it is ancient history. Hitler was a evil lunatic but is that anything new in history? The emporers of Rome had Christians lead to the arena as entertainment for the masses while spouting the evils of Christianity. Conquerors over the ages have eliminated by the millions their enemies. Still happens in Africa today, doesn't it? Certainly it is sad that education does not deal with more history but it is just one subject. Probably for the Thai education system, right or wrong, World War II is just another footnote. I would ask many of you that think they know so much about the events of World War II to think about how much YOU know about World War I then reflect on what you are criticizing about the knowledge of the youth of today about world history. I served in Viet Nam during the war but leaders of America saw fit yet again to engage us in another hopeless war. Where was their knowledge of history. This was not just the president but all those that went along with the leadership. Did they not realize the pitfalls awaiting American. Did they not learn from the past. Guess not!

So don't be to hard on the Thai educational system. World War II is "ancient" history, just like the American Civil War was to me in school. In another hundred years Hitler will be another footnote in history to which only the Jews/Isralis and Germans will pay much attention, and that only for a while longer. It is an odd thing about history, it can be very selective. Isralis will never forget what happened because it is in their interest to keep the Holocaust alive. Nothing wrong with that as it has political advantages. But one day 300 years from now no one will care. The Germans will say enough of being punished what their ancestors did. Oddly enough you don't see Christians condeming modern day Jews for forcing the cruxifiction of Christ through the Roman legal system(figuratively used) do you? It is ancient history. Things of this type are only kept alive because it satisfies current political necessities.

So for the advertizing gimmick of the museum you can't really blame the Thais for being "insentative" as to them it was just advertising. Further, isn't it about time we stopped carrying this collective guilt about the Holocaust? It was a terrible thing, surely. But is it any worse than what Pol Pot did in Cambodia or what has happened in Africa more recently. The world stood and watched when it knew what was going on. Nothing really changes over time. Should people, who had nothing to do with these events be made to feel guilt over something they had no control? Maybe it is time the Holocaust was put into proper perspective in relation to other autrocities that have occurred. They are all terrible, one is not worse than another.

of money with it.

GOOD ONE :D:D:D

Did President Kennedy not say: “Ich bin ein Berliner” ?

And did the Brits not “invent” concentration camps during the dirty Boer War ?

And did the Brits not let starve lots of children, women and elderly in those concentration camps ?

I think Baden-Powel and Churchill belonged to the British “heroes” in South-Africa.

This topic isn't going to get better...

To pay respect to the millions of people who had to suffer and lost their lives under Hitlers reign of terror we will close this topic, as its now off topic and not Thailand related anymore.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)

/Admin