Internet Access For Ais 1-2 Call Not Working

Jingthing

OK a few months ago I got an net browsing capable phone (not really thinking about it). I was surprised with my standard AIS 1-2 call top ups I was able to browse the net and also surprised how much I enjoyed it. For a while it was working most of the time, and but then sometimes when I went to sites, always just a black screen, but no error messages. I wait a minute or so and still nothing, should I just wait longer? Anyway, it hasn't worked at all for several days now, always a blank screen. What's the hap? Was it a fluke that it ever worked? I want the service back, boo hoo ...

It work for me so I would put it down to your phone. Check the settingsand make sure you have credit or it wont connect. AIS have several packages. 100 baht gets you 30 hours per month, 500 gets you 250 hours and 100 gets you unlimited. Very handy for when the cable is down :):D

It work for me so I would put it down to your phone. Check the settingsand make sure you have credit or it wont connect. AIS have several packages. 100 baht gets you 30 hours per month, 500 gets you 250 hours and 100 gets you unlimited. Very handy for when the cable is down :):D

I have massive credits! Too much in fact, which is another reason I want the access to spend down some of the credits. I guess if I can't get a clue here I can go to the shop that sold me the phone, that should at least be entertaining. Is it possible this has to do with my "plan" with AIS? Do I have to sign up for an internet package?

Edited by Jingthing

Did you sign up to have it debited from your account every month? Or did you sign up for a one shot deal?

Call 12call from the mobile you are having problems with, check to make sure your internet is turned on, and if so, ask them if they can reset the settings in your phone over the line.

*138 will give you a list of the internet packages available from 1-2-call but it sounds like you need to get your phone looked at first. If you are having no success I would recommend the guy (owner I think, and usually the one who is busy talking to Farang customers!) at Hot Telecom, by the escalators on 2nd floor in Tukcom, who is very helpful and speaks pretty good English.

I would give them a call. I have had good support from them. Talk to a guy named Tim, British.

I was warned about the AIS signal not being as good as DTAC, but seems to work, although spikey. Surprised you

got on with out going through channels.

Any problems, dial 1175 and press the number to get an English speaking opeator.

As much as many people don't like anything related to the Shinawatra family, they do have an excellent support system, with good English speakers.

They'll have your problem sorted in no time, including sending the proper settings to your phone!

OK, well I got it working for the first time in weeks now.

My browser settings profile was on AIS GPRS. I switched itto AIS MMS and got a forbidden message when surfing. Then I switched in back to AIS GPRS and then the browser worked. That was last night. Today again it wasn't working on AIS GPRS (this time getting a bad gateway error for the first time ever) and I did the double switch again, ending up at AIS GPRS, and now working again. For now.

I believe AIS no longer offers those plans :D . I was getting 30 hrs for 99 baht for months but now it is 107 baht for 20 hours, or 214 baht for 50 hours. Not sure how much beyond that. I love my little EDGE modem setup, for the things I do online even only 20KB/sec or so is adequate. A little frustrating at times, but adequate.

Haven't tried DTAC yet so don't know anything about it's quality, costs, etc.

Agreeing with others, the AIS English support is just fine. I always call them rather than doing the auto refill thing. No problems whatsoever.

Edited by ThailandLovr