How To Finance A Car When Have No Thai Person To Guarantee

Wanna get a car, currently no savings so like to finance. With 80.000 bath income per month no problem. Have ED year visa & workpermit, and need a Thai local to guarantee (like if a Thai want to finance he need a guarantee as well) Beside I don't like to bother someone to guarantee for me, most of the Thais I know have no sufficient income to do this. Perhaps is there another way to get a car eg. via a lease contact or else, does anyone know ?

Edited by spaceshipcrew

Wanna get a car, currently no savings so like to finance. With 80.000 bath income per month no problem. Have ED year visa & workpermit, and need a Thai local to guarantee (like if a Thai want to finance he need a guarantee as well) Beside I don't like to bother someone to guarantee for me, most of the Thais I know have no sufficient income to do this. Perhaps is there another way to get a car eg. via a lease contact or else, does anyone know ?

If you dont have a significant deposit ie 20%-30% no finance company will touch you, with or without a Thai guarantor, so it seems you have two problems.

You can try Ford, as seem to remember something about a zero percent down, but fear you will require the guarantor as well.

To be honest in this postion why dont you just rent

n worries about the guarantor....all that is required is a steady job. THose days i bought my car in the name of my company on finance, my secretary guaranteed. The ironic twist was...if the company couldn't pay the installments anymore, chances are we couldn't pay her salary anymore either... :)

If you dont have a significant deposit ie 20%-30% no finance company will touch you, with or without a Thai guarantor, so it seems you have two problems.

You can try Ford, as seem to remember something about a zero percent down, but fear you will require the guarantor as well.

I did not say I have no deposit, the thing is the guarantee...

10% down I need thai guarantee, 40% down no need. tanachart bank. new honda or toyota. I v had 2 cars previously financed in my name.

The point he is making is pay more downpayment and you dont need one.. Try for a minimum downpayment and they do.

But you did say you have no savings, hence my comment about requiring a down payment....

Edited by Soutpeel

10% down I need thai guarantee, 40% down no need. tanachart bank. new honda or toyota. I v had 2 cars previously financed in my name.

Was a work permit a requirement for you to get the finance? I have no WP, got 12 month visa though and was refused finance for my Harley even with 50% deposit.

There was an ad in the Bangkok Post throughout last month about that, but it's a Ford, if you don't mind.

I called him, he said I'd have to pay 25% down and have the car in my name without the need for a guarantor. You need a WP.

Get an old Bangkok Post ( last month's ), and you'll find the ad in the classified section.

Was a work permit a requirement for you to get the finance? I have no WP, got 12 month visa though and was refused finance for my Harley even with 50% deposit.

Every dealership, and individual working there is different.

The guy I dealth with when I went to the Proton office on Thaksin Rd. the first time told me I could pay 10% down payment, when my wife called someone else told her 20%, then I went back to see him, he said the same thing. The day I went to book the car he wasn't there, and it was a different story all together. They had to phone him to ascertain the fact that he told me I could pay 10%.

You can shop around.