Its All Gravy!

junki3korean

Coming back to Thailand with the Missus in Christmas. She loves steak and we eat it pretty often here in Australia.

She wants me too cook for the family when we come back.

Just wandering where I can get some good powdered or liquid gravy here....anywhere in Bkk or pattaya would be more ideal.

Do they have the brand GRAVOX here???

Thanks guys!

You don’t need that stuff for really good gravy...

1 or 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and add a little bit of the steak drippings

Add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir until it gets brown

Then start to add a little water at a time and stir more until you get the consistency you like

Add salt and pepper to taste

:)

You don't need that stuff for really good gravy...

1 or 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and add a little bit of the steak drippings

Add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir until it gets brown

Then start to add a little water at a time and stir more until you get the consistency you like

Add salt and pepper to taste

:D

YES, I agree! Forget the gravy granules, man! It's an easy process, really, called making (gravy from) a ROUX, the combination of equal parts fat (butter) and flour. Then, after it's browned, pan drippings are added & stirred... Then, I suggest stirring MILK instead of water to finish with a creamier gravy. Dee-lish!! Good luck!

:)

Coming back to Thailand with the Missus in Christmas. She loves steak and we eat it pretty often here in Australia.

Just wandering where I can get some good powdered or liquid gravy here....anywhere in Bkk or pattaya would be more ideal.

Thanks guys!

Anyway... I've seen gravy garnules available in most Pattaya & Jomtien supermarkets. My English friends love it. I tried only once... then, FAST, went back to roux gravy... MUCH better!

Thanks guys!

Bring a couple of packs with you. There's no weight in it.

Thanks guys!

I agree...nothing like a bit of bisto for the desired effect... :)

Thanks guys!

I agree...nothing like a bit of bisto for the desired effect... :)

Yes think that is the best solution.......

Thanks for the replies....

If i was to make my own gravy and i haved cooked 4 steaks, Is that enough "steak drippings" for four serves of steaks???

Depends on how much gravy you intend to make... but the steak drippings should normally make enough gravy for themselves.

If you wish to expand it (say, for pouring over potatoes), simply add a beef bullion cube and some more water/milk before you salt it to taste. If you like a richer gravy, use the bullion cubes as the only source of salt.

... as was discussed here a few years back, a real roux takes anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour depending on the desired result: There are three basic types of roux: light (or what the Cajuns call "blond"), medium (or "peanut butter" colored), and dark. (from gumbopages dot com search for roux) and in New Orleans they would use oil, not butter.