Wifi In Pattaya

JakeBKK

Are there Hotspots ins Pattaya ? Yes - there are some..... and some... and some more.....

ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED SIXTY SEVEN ( :D and still counting....)

Yes, that's right 1467 :) so far. (And i haven't even been to the dark side or naklua)

check out the pictures.

Greetings

PS: the google earth overlay will be available here in a couple of days

post-59522-1256124753_thumb.jpg

post-59522-1256125744_thumb.jpg

post-59522-1256125893_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the key (literally) with hotspots is that some aren't browsable hotspots at all.

No internet on the network (where you get the two computers icon next to one another) - No dice it's a LAN not the internet/web. Keep looking.

Password protected - Maybe some moves to get this working, but even then it might be the above anyway.

When you have a 'real' list of the workable, browsable ones, then you're dancin' to my tune :)

Yeah, the key (literally) with hotspots is that some aren't browsable hotspots at all.

No internet on the network (where you get the two computers icon next to one another) - No dice it's a LAN not the internet/web. Keep looking.

Password protected - Maybe some moves to get this working, but even then it might be the above anyway.

When you have a 'real' list of the workable, browsable ones, then you're dancin' to my tune :)

Green Icons = Open Access Points - Sometimes paid Hotspots ( e.g. Sipder@Familymarket, PattayaWifi, Mama Wifi etc.)

Called also Captive Portal. Open your favourite web browser and try to open a page - you will be redirected to a login page with pricing information

Red Icons = Encrypted Access Points - That's actually easy - Go there. Have a Drink (or two :D ) and simply ask fro the password (Most of the places have a "free for customers" policy )

Edited by JakeBKK

And if they work, are any secure?

Even when you're on a secure network, there is no real security ( A dual core i5 breaks WEP encryption in less than 30 seconds)

So if you want to do important stuff like email or on-line banking, than better do that with SSL ( https) to ensure that you're safe