The Arrangement

The Vulcan

Nice. I suppose without flash?

Now do you like your new lens?

it's the one you bought immediately before you left for Cambodia right?

That was a 35mm L I bought before Cambodia - this is a 24mm L I've had a long time - my favourite lens without a doubt - sharp, great colours and contrast

Nice use of light Vulcan and good use of DOF.

I have been conpemplating getting a 24 L down the track, I imagine it would be the perfect indoor, close quarters lens??

It is a good lens and I like the 24mm angles. Street work, night shots and landscape fair well. Well worth the money. Possibly my favourite lens

Vulc, no offense but the composition is snap shot in nature. Great lighting - good mood though.

No offense "James" - it does (unfortunately) come over as a snap shot but actually it was set up.

I wanted to shoot the arrangement but (obviously) this was sensitive. A camera in a bar is pretty sensitive eh? :)

I wanted also to convey the bar scene as we know it.

So, I cajoled the girls to pose to mask the real intent and not draw attention to myself.

I needed to shift a little to get the background in hence the clipped face on the right and the inclusion of an arm on the left. (too lazy to crop)

I hope you see my intent - under the sensitive and precarious circumstances I was quite pleased with the outcome

Vulc, no offense but the composition is snap shot in nature. Great lighting - good mood though.

No offense "James" - it does (unfortunately) come over as a snap shot but actually it was set up.

I wanted to shoot the arrangement but (obviously) this was sensitive. A camera in a bar is pretty sensitive eh? :)

I wanted also to convey the bar scene as we know it.

So, I cajoled the girls to pose to mask the real intent and not draw attention to myself.

I needed to shift a little to get the background in hence the clipped face on the right and the inclusion of an arm on the left. (too lazy to crop)

I hope you see my intent - under the sensitive and precarious circumstances I was quite pleased with the outcome

maybe they are just toooo innocent looking :D