Things You No Longer Do

Tarqin

30 years and I have yet to give up go-gos, street food, motorbikes etc . . . guess there's no hope for me now.

Well guess you are lost in LOS he-he, not the worst place in the world to get lost in. :)

Well I also still do those 3 but the first very seldom.

It is quite funny to sit SOBER in walking street and watch the world pass by, so many strange people find their way here (they properly think the same about me, lol)

I don't dress like a tourist anymore, but wear jeans/proper shoes and a shirt (clean), Thais notice these things and will respect you more if dressed nicely.

Once saw a farang at immigration with a beard/hair cut that haven't been done for app. 4-6 month, flip/flops- armless t shirt (with pit smell), don't think he got his visa or they should at least have told him to go home and get sorted and then try again, but they are many times to polite to do that.

The last think i care about in the hot sweltering sunshine is what Thai's think of me,

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No longer:

careless on wet tile.

Expect the internet to work every day.

Expect the TV schedule to be correct.

Get disappointed when the waitress brings me the wrong food.

expect my bill to be correct.

Think too Mut.

ah yes...

i no longer expect to get my starter before my main meal when dining at thai restraunts, and it has been known that i have completly finished my food before whomever im with has not had a bite!

compulsory mixed up check bin as standard!

I don't dress like a tourist anymore, but wear jeans/proper shoes and a shirt (clean), Thais notice these things and will respect you more if dressed nicely.

They respect me a lot more when I am nice and cool in shorts and sandals than dripping in sweat

from trying to wear long trousers when it is sweltering outside. :)

Try the Queen Vic Soi 6, they do all inclusive breakfast with all the trimmings plus tea and toast all day long a competitive rate...!!

Highly recommended.... :)

you will do well to find one better, even in the uk

Lol true,i feel the same way.

Try the Queen Vic Soi 6, they do all inclusive breakfast with all the trimmings plus tea and toast all day long a competitive rate...!!

Highly recommended.... :D

you will do well to find one better, even in the uk

Lol true,i feel the same way.

TBH, not really a place i would venture with the mrs for breakfast... for obvious reasons.. :)

I no longer go to soi pattayaland2 the clasroom because Ple has left :)

I remember up to about 5 years ago, Pattyaland 2 this was a great street with loads of traffic at night... haven't been there for about a year but it was dead ... used to drink in Palmers but last time there some young dude in a thong trying to pull customers in to a boy gogo across the road.... sorry, not my cup of tea, thank you very much !!!

I no longer go to soi pattayaland2 the clasroom because Ple has left :)

I remember up to about 5 years ago, Pattyaland 2 this was a great street with loads of traffic at night... haven't been there for about a year but it was dead ... used to drink in Palmers but last time there some young dude in a thong trying to pull customers in to a boy gogo across the road.... sorry, not my cup of tea, thank you very much !!!

Yes i agree it used to be great now its ...T. I no longer wear underpants ,dont see the point.I shower regulary during the day so im always clean, and it goes with the laid back attitude of this place.

Also, I no longer allow others (friends or relatives) to hold me captive for hours while they speak totally in Thai, with me sitting there like a gnome, understanding nothing. Now after a reasonable amount of time if I am not somehow included, I leave. Took me two years to finally put an end to that crap.

Likewise. Even professionally, especially if there are other English-only native speakers, and the meeting is all in Thai, I'm outta there! If Thai people object, I encourage them to embrace a minimum amount of international courtesy while in the company of mixed language groups.

Not to use this as an excuse for laziness, meanwhile, I work on my Thai language, too.

They respect me a lot more when I am nice and cool in shorts and sandals than dripping in sweat

from trying to wear long trousers when it is sweltering outside. :D

Ulysses, is so true! :)