Anyone Have A Villa Market Card?

triplegee

Hi all,

A friend mentioned that he'd got himself a Villa Card (not sure what it's called) but what he was describing was like some sort of loyalty card. Does anyone have one?

I'll check at Villa Silom next time I'm there but I'm hoping someone else may be familiar and let me know if it's worth signing up.

TIA.

GGG

I have one and from what my better half says, it gives you a discount on each purchase you make so they say. Only used it twice but with Lotus and others doing it, it seems to be worthwhile. The months before, if you used a certain credit card, you got the same thing.

Hi all,

A friend mentioned that he'd got himself a Villa Card (not sure what it's called) but what he was describing was like some sort of loyalty card. Does anyone have one?

I'll check at Villa Silom next time I'm there but I'm hoping someone else may be familiar and let me know if it's worth signing up.

TIA.

GGG

I have one. It only gives you a discount on some products (mostly fruit and vegetables and "specials") and "points" on purchases over 500 Baht depending on total value of purchase. At some stage they give you back a discount coupon but I don't recall what that is.

Card is free and anything to cut costs now-a-days is a help so go for it!

Villa is still ore expensive than other grocery stores but once and awhile you can get a good buy - especially now with their Loyalty Card.

Hi all,

TIA.

GGG

Got one two weeks ago. It is only but a loyalty cards and you are adding on points on your account each and everytime you make a purchase. Same system as for the Tops card. In addition, as stated by scott_cos, it gives you a discount on some products (mostly fruit and vegetables and "specials")...

Once you have reach a given amount of pints (I forgot it!), you will than receive their "gold card" (or whatever the name) and it only at that stage that you will get a 5% discount on everything you purchase...

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So if I have understood correctly, you get an initial card that effectively gives you a 2% discount on everything you purchase. Spend a certain amount (a lot I guess!!) and you'll qualify for a 5% discount.

As scott_cos indicated, the card is free and I shop there every so often anyway so I'll definitely look into next time I am in the store.

Cheers guys!

GGG

yep seems everyone has a points / discount card now.

from a marketing point of view i fail to see the value when I now have to carry a card for villa, tops, tesco, carrefour and so-on.

if they would just lower their prices (villa in particular), i will be loyal enough - no need for points for plastic crap and horrible cutlery.

• 11 years later...

When my wife and I last shopped at Villa they asked us if we were members and when we asked them how to become members they said go online. All I can find online is V plus which is an app to pay for stuff instead of cash. Is this the same as the loyalty card? If not how exactly do we get an an actual card (like the 1 card in Tops)?

On 10/1/2021 at 9:28 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think they have a card.  I just have the Villa app on my phone which they scan each time I shop there.  Points are accumulated and when they've built up you just use them to discount your bill.

I have had a Villa card for years. No idea how it works. Occassionally the cashier tells me I have 100 baht coming back. Suits me

I have the card and the app. But actually I mostly only use my phone number, when they ask for the membership.
And sometimes as above already told, can become back 100 baht.

Most Shops have a membercard...