Bkk To Butterworth

straycat911

If I remember well, early this year, the normal 2nd cl sleeper/AC was about 1200 THB. I hope you dont mind 20/25 bt more or less? At the trainstation-advance booking. LOng train till HYai-then just 2 cars-maybe barely half full, both the sleeper, via border to BTW.

Its a little cheaper for bahtsavers to use the other rapid train only to Haad yai (as this has lower supplmt and also has the last remaining non-AC sleepers, and if you really watch baht-also 3d class sats), then just follow any of the numerous touts shouting out Penang/BTW when de-training-/she will lead you to some tr-agent nearby and sell you a busticket. total cost that way a little under 1000

also check AirAsia-they currently do a sales-pitch again-with flights Bkk-PNG as low as 20€/1000THB-without checked luggage or any extra.

It's a trip I used to enjoy, but to advise doing it by train now would be quite wrong given the rail safety problems Thailand has, 2 down recently.

Perhaps pick the trainup on the border or at Hat Yai if you must.

You should be able to get a nice, spacious, and comfortable VIP bus seat for 750 bt 1 way.