Looking For A Photo Shop Which Does High Quality Passport Photos

tropo

I want some good quality photos which will satisfy the requirments for replacement passports for Australia and the Philippines, each with their own requirements.

I don't care about visa photos... any old way will do for them, but I'll have to look at the same passport photos for 10 years, so I want a good one.

Anyone know a good shop? I don't care about price.

Never bothered with Pattaya photographers but recommend the photographer on the ground floor of the Wave Bldg, a mall on the NE corner of the Wittayu/Ploenchit intersection in Bangkok. He does perfect pics for ALL embassies (besides being across the street from the Brit Embassy) and he did passport pics for me and my son as well as visa pics for the wife; all first-time acceptable. There's also a super Thai restaurant next door so have lunch while you wait.

Since I assume you will be doing the actual passport renewals in Bangkok, I would recommend you leave the new pictures till then... unless there's a need for them to be endorsed on the back by someone in Pattaya that knows you.

I want some good quality photos which will satisfy the requirments for replacement passports for Australia and the Philippines, each with their own requirements.

I don't care about visa photos... any old way will do for them, but I'll have to look at the same passport photos for 10 years, so I want a good one.

It's not the quality of the photograph that determines whether it's a good portrait photo but the quality of the subject :)

Never bothered with Pattaya photographers but recommend the photographer on the ground floor of the Wave Bldg, a mall on the NE corner of the Wittayu/Ploenchit intersection in Bangkok. He does perfect pics for ALL embassies (besides being across the street from the Brit Embassy) and he did passport pics for me and my son as well as visa pics for the wife; all first-time acceptable. There's also a super Thai restaurant next door so have lunch while you wait.

Since I assume you will be doing the actual passport renewals in Bangkok, I would recommend you leave the new pictures till then... unless there's a need for them to be endorsed on the back by someone in Pattaya that knows you.

I had passport photos done somewhere near the Australian Embassy 3 years ago but I can't remember the building. Recently they suggested a shop called "Kodak Express" which is in the Thai Wah 1 Tower on South Sathorn Rd.

I haven't been to Bangkok for 3 years and don't know my way around at all. I wanted to try to get them done down here before I go just to make it easier.

Could you give me a more detailed description of the photo shop you recommended so I can show it to a taxi driver? Would it be far from these 2 locations:

I have to go here:

Philippines Embassy

760 Sukhumvit Road

Corner Soi Philippines (Sukhumvit 30/1)

Prakhanong

Bangkok

And here:

Australian Embassy

37 South Sathorn Road,

Bangkok

It's not the quality of the photograph that determines whether it's a good portrait photo but the quality of the subject :)

Agreed, but I don't want a bad photograph of a bad subject...and of course neither do I want a bad photograph of a good subject (my gf).

I was at the Kodak Express shop you mentioned only last Monday.

100 Metres east of the Oz embassy on the same side.

The photos I had done elsewhere were not accepted so they sent me to Kodak Express.

Thanks for the tip. I may have to go there again...that must have been the place I went to last time because I do remember it being very close to the Oz Embassy.