Looking To Import Ferrari 360

Boater

hi

as the post mentions , i am looking to import a ferrari 360 REPLICA.... i am looking to buy this weekend

a few pics i have attached

does anyone know of the import tax ect on this car? , it is based on a Pug 406 Coupe? ... and insurance is only 300 a year?

will thai custom base it on a ferrai or a pug? , it looks and sounds the real deal, but i dont have 24 million THB to buy a real one in thailand..

thanks

boater

post-43635-1256409539_thumb.jpg

post-43635-1256409549.jpg

It doesn’t look like a Ferrari… As soon as I opened your thread a Peugeot 406 jumped out of the screen.

Different folks, different strokes etc etc… But really why would you bother? There are companies here that make classic Porsche replicas and also a Westfield manufacturer / importer (although I’m not certain if the Westfield’s are road legal or not – something to look into).

IMO driving around in a replica of a modern Ferrari might make you look like a bit of a twerp. However, I can’t explain why I feel that the classic Porsche replica seems to cut it….

hi

as the post mentions , i am looking to import a ferrari 360 REPLICA.... i am looking to buy this weekend

a few pics i have attached

does anyone know of the import tax ect on this car? , it is based on a Pug 406 Coupe? ... and insurance is only 300 a year?

will thai custom base it on a ferrai or a pug? , it looks and sounds the real deal, but i dont have 24 million THB to buy a real one in thailand..

thanks

boater

As you work for GM t at the moment and can import Fiat 500's direct you should have all the contacts already ?.

The permanent import of used vehicles into Thailand is not permitted. Period.

Does that mean the information in the following link is incorrect or possibly outdated?

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Perso...nalPer#eligible

Yeah, I know about that one. It is a very theoretical option, I do not know (or heard of for that matter) any case that went through this process. Whether or not it is outdated I do not know, but again, I am not aware of any successful completion of this process and as a freight forwarder I arrange transports, not import licenses. That would be a business adviser or lawyer's job.

If someone has completed the paperwork, I am happy to do the transport. :)

IMO driving around in a replica of a modern Ferrari might make you look like a bit of a twerp.

The only people who might think you a twerp are male motorheads like us, and why worry about impressing us?

The target audience, chicks, will love it!

After all, you can't please all the people all of the time, so just concentrate on the ladies!

I was sure that I could do a personal import once settled [married to a Thai 1 yr visa etc]. I would love to import an old car to play with here. Was thinking early Minis and old Morris 1000s.

Was there or is there a personal import scheme still in existance.

hello boater, was that the pug 406 (360 replica) what was on ebay.uk?

does any one know where the porsche speedster replica's are made.

likewise cobra replica's, and anythink else interesting.

by the way boater,are you doing any boating in the LOS.?

i,m keen on doing some boating.

yaaaawn......people still wanna import cars to LOS. Search 'import car' on this site and you will soon see the futlity of such an idea. There are brokers that act as intermediaries, thats probably yr best bet. Better to just buy a car here i think

dm

I was sure that I could do a personal import once settled [married to a Thai 1 yr visa etc]. I would love to import an old car to play with here. Was thinking early Minis and old Morris 1000s.

As I said...the real answer is "no". Technically, there is a possibility as quoted above, but in reality it does not work. Haven't heard of anyone who did it legally.

Old Minis sell for around 500,000 baht, something that sells for probably 150 quid in the UK.

Someone recently posted on here they did it with a high end sportscar.. Yes it cost them millions but they claim to be one of the few to actually pony up the cash.

I know someone who legally had a range rover from the uk to here.. Again multi multi millionaire who has a motor yacht with full time crew that costs 10 - 20k USD every time it sets sail so the cost didnt concern him.

I would say to the OP tho, not a prayer.. The body modifications might need to be passed by the soc of automotive engineers, kit cars not being allowed, just so much to go wrong.

Someone recently posted on here they did it with a high end sportscar.. Yes it cost them millions but they claim to be one of the few to actually pony up the cash.

interesting.....would like to know the details about that one, how they got through the process.

Thai friend on behalf of another friend from round corner has just sent over a 2 year old Ferrari with wiffees help and import duty was levied at 100%.

Now they are taking about going into business...Mai ko Jai...dear dear...

Must find out what the model was.. :)

just checked, i will be importing a pug 406 coupe on a 406 COUPE 3.0L with a few miles on the clock, the V5 states its a pug but it looks a ferrai

thanks

boater

So boater how much will that cost you all in all?

Still don't understand why you do it, you either own a Ferrari or you don't and with a 3L Peugeot engine you will get smoked by the fast Bimmers.

Why not buy the Toyota that looks a bit like a Ferrari and have the engine to match or is it too expensive?

this is, of course, nonsense,it is permitted and it has been done (by myself and at least one other person that i know) but, it is expensive and can be complex.

Edited by wordchild

As I said...the real answer is "no". Technically, there is a possibility as quoted above, but in reality it does not work. Haven't heard of anyone who did it legally.
There are a few people I used to know in Pattaya that had personal imports, some classy cars others imported for personal reasons complete with legal blue books and all taxes paid in full. They would explain at length over a beer about the hassle and extra fees incured along the process. When asked if they would do it again, one pointed out that when the blue book is issued there is a section stamped in red at the back of the book saying that the car can not be sold (re-registered) within 3-5 years (I forget which he said) of the import date, so no he wouldn't do it again as he was now stuck with a car that no one would could buy and he encountered problems getting even the most basic service carried out due to parts having to be imported. It was some type of Australian sports car if I recall.

Bottom line in each case is the import tax is 200% of the value that Thai customs place on the car, in short you need to out bid customs for your car.

There are much cheaper ways of pimping your ride.

this is, of course, nonsense,it is permitted and it has been done (by myself and at least one other person that i know) but, it is expensive and can be complex.

interesting info! I know it was possible in the past, but they changed that some 2 or 3 years ago. If you imports were just recently, maybe something changed again. Will check this with my customs guy and report back. :)