Lupus- Perscription Drugs

Hi there, I suffer from lupus and I take a variety of meds to supress the symptoms and for pain relief. I am wondering if they are cheaper in thailand (and for sale legally) and if so if I can get a larger supply. OR if I need to carry them into Thailand with a special drs note etc. I suspect I can;t take endone, or the stronger oxycodone that my dr sometimes supplies. I don;t want to take ANY risks. so please let me know of other treatments there for severe pain (not NSAIDS they don;t work on me).

The meds are Plaquenil (anti malarial), Endone (pain) , Pendil (circulation) , Cymbalta (anti=dpressant that helps with pain), and methotrexate (oral chemotherapy)

thanks! x

Hi there, I suffer from lupus and I take a variety of meds to supress the symptoms and for pain relief. I am wondering if they are cheaper in thailand (and for sale legally) and if so if I can get a larger supply. OR if I need to carry them into Thailand with a special drs note etc. I suspect I can;t take endone, or the stronger oxycodone that my dr sometimes supplies. I don;t want to take ANY risks. so please let me know of other treatments there for severe pain (not NSAIDS they don;t work on me).

The meds are

Plaquenil (anti malarial), >>Yes They have it it Thailand but more expensive coz they are imported.

Endone (pain) , Pendil (circulation) >>>> as far as I know , it is not available here. You can not get anything codeine here unless precribed by the doc. It is better you get a letter from your physician and get some of this strong pain meds with you just in case.

Cymbalta (anti=dpressant that helps with pain), >>> Available but expensive

and methotrexate (oral chemotherapy) >>> Available and reasonable price

thanks! x

My advise would be : bring all the tablets with you.

Good Luck.

As noted the only one of these that woud be less expensive here would be the methotrexate.

The others, bring with you and be sure they are in a clearly labelled presecription bottle with your name, and also have with you a doctor's letter stating the needs for the meds (this is for the endone and any other narcotic pain killer you might bring as those are controlled substances in Thailand).

Rule is only a 30 day supplyu can be brought in without an import license. They don't usually count pills but a quantity that is clearly much more than that could raise questions.