7 Killed When Their Pickup Truck Hit By Speeding Train

webfact

Unfortunately, one of the nuns in the vehicle was my mother in law and wifes mum. We both live in the UK and were devastated when we got the news last Sunday.

I hastily arranged for the wife to fly out to Thailand last Monday. Mother in law left 5 siblings, all of whom managed to make it to the funeral. The funeral was yesterday.

Certainly, the driver was a complete lunatic.

My condolonces go to the other grieving families.

My wife says the barrier was not closed. There were 3 pickups, the first two made it and the third was hit.

The people were from Khao Suan Kwang, going to make merit.

My wife is also from KSK, so I can't confirm authenticity, but perhaps we shouldn't be too quick with the Darwin comments.

My wife says the barrier was not closed. There were 3 pickups, the first two made it and the third was hit.

The people were from Khao Suan Kwang, going to make merit.

My wife is also from KSK, so I can't confirm authenticity, but perhaps we shouldn't be too quick with the Darwin comments.

If the automatic barrier was not closed, then my outlook on the pick-up drivers actions would have to change. He would not have been at fault.

At that time in the morning, most lights on the train would be dimmed and curtains drawn. One light on the front of the train would be hard to see from the roadside. Add the fact that 2 vehicles went through in front of him.

I guess, we will never know

Actually it was my wife's translation of a tabloid newspaper report (Daily News) that stated that the barriers were not down.

Regettably I do not read Thai, but I saw a photo of white sheeted bodies with people formally posed behind.

It is not my intention to spread rumours.