Jomtien Beach Condos 1 Br Apartment For 17k Baht

craigt3365

Before I sign up for this, I wanted to check with all of you and see if this is a good deal or not. I have never rented in Jomtien before.

I am negotiating a 3 month rental for a furnished 1 bedroom. I have to pay electricity, water and get an internet card (not sure how that works, but that is what they have told me).

I think it is a good deal, especially as it is over the holidays and is a short term thing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Craig

Which View Talay?

I would say it's probably a little too much, but as you say it is short term and getting the price down a few thousand will not have a big impact on you. Cheaper than a hotel at the end of the day.

What were they asking for initially? Did you get the price down?

forgot to mention. Their wifi is 1.5k per month and is crap plus depending on how much AC you use utils are expensive there. I regularly paid 3k per month but that did involve sleeping with AC blasting etc. The place seems a bit run down in my opinion but I enjoyed it there. Must have one of the largest pools of any condo in Pattaya/Jomtien.

Condos (45 sqm I think) in Angket are being advertised at 5K Baht/month. You'd need transport, but it's not too far from the beach (just off Soi Wat Boon). I'm not saying that Angket would necessarily suit you, just giving you an alternative to put the VT condo in perspective.

Before I sign up for this, I wanted to check with all of you and see if this is a good deal or not. I have never rented in Jomtien before.

I am negotiating a 3 month rental for a furnished 1 bedroom. I have to pay electricity, water and get an internet card (not sure how that works, but that is what they have told me).

I think it is a good deal, especially as it is over the holidays and is a short term thing. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Craig

I am staying there now in Viey Talay 1 building "A". I have studio very nice furnished with place for my washing machine and also a double sink for dishes etc. These units are small 32sm but OK for two people. I pay 8,000 mo. Electricity is 3.4 baht per kilowatt through electric company. I use an antennae for wifi and get KIRZ wireless for 1,000 baht month. Great location for baht bus in front both directions. 24 hour grocery store and plenty of bars in complex. Large swimming pool. I am happy there. :)

Well, I found out it is Jomtien Beach Condos, not VT. Sorry, my mistake. And it is a true one bedroom, not a studio. Not sure of the sq meters....I like a one bedroom as I tend to get up earlier than my mistress! And she likes to watch TV late, while I prefer to sleep....

Thanks for all the great responses...as usual from the TV members....

Well, I found out it is Jomtien Beach Condos, not VT. Sorry, my mistake. And it is a true one bedroom, not a studio. Not sure of the sq meters....I like a one bedroom as I tend to get up earlier than my mistress! And she likes to watch TV late, while I prefer to sleep....

Thanks for all the great responses...as usual from the TV members....

for what is 2 rooms, sounds OK, depends on how long you are renting for, whether you are paying for the utilities or not, also which block, the view, the floor and even the season.

The price seems about right .Yours is a double unit ( two studios connected ,and so around 60 sqm ) . JBC is a good complex.I live there myself .

>>Condos (45 sqm I think) in Angket are being advertised at 5K Baht/month. You'd need transport, but it's not too far from the beach (just off Soi Wat Boon)<<

Angket has got to be one of the most run down looking Condos in Pattaya .An absolute eye sore .

Edited by Thaifan2

The price seems about right .Yours is a double unit ( two studios connected ,and so around 60 sqm ) . JBC is a good complex.I live there myself .

>>Condos (45 sqm I think) in Angket are being advertised at 5K Baht/month. You'd need transport, but it's not too far from the beach (just off Soi Wat Boon)<<

Angket has got to be one of the most run down looking Condos in Pattaya .An absolute eye sore .

I agree it looks like a dump, but it's very cheap.

However, JBC is hardly a joy to behold. The paintwork is worn and scruffy, and the three blocks at the back which are built about 3 metres apart are probably the most unattractive buildings in Pattaya. They'd have to pay me to live in one of those Corn Flake boxes.

>>They'd have to pay me to live in one of those Corn Flake boxes. <<

They will likely be repainted within a year .Compared to Angket the blocks look beautiful .The main thing is its well managed with good security ,and is very quiet day and night .The common area floors get cleaned just about every day .Only about 10 % of the Condos are occupied at any one time .The pools and gym are never crowded ,except on long weekends .There are many cheap restaurants on site to eat and several mini marts .Security for vehicles parked on site is also very good .

I bought my studio there 5 years ago for B400,000 ,and have gradually upgraded it ,to a high standard .

Whats security like at Angket ?.Does it have a pool or any other facilities ?

I agree it looks like a dump, but it's very cheap.

However, JBC is hardly a joy to behold. The paintwork is worn and scruffy, and the three blocks at the back which are built about 3 metres apart are probably the most unattractive buildings in Pattaya. They'd have to pay me to live in one of those Corn Flake boxes.

Well they are over ten years old and last year quotes were presented at the AGM to do the painting, I thought it would have been done by now.

Inside all public areas are cleaned regularly and well maintained.

My unit is 32 SqrM, a lot bigger than most hotel rooms and Cable TV is included in the service charge.

Yes, most units in the "A" series blocks only have a view of the adjacent block but your comment of 3 meters is a bit wide of the mark.

>>last year quotes were presented at the AGM to do the painting, I thought it would have been done by now.<<

I am sure that they are waiting for the 2nd road cut through to be done first ( supposed to take 6 months ) .If they did it now the new paint work would just get destroyed .

Yes, most units in the "A" series blocks only have a view of the adjacent block but your comment of 3 meters is a bit wide of the mark.

I was only taking the pee with 3 m. I don't know how anyone could live in the middle block of those three, though, as there must be zero privacy unless you keep your curtains closed all day. I don't suppose it would worry the Thais too much, but do farangs live there?

I was only taking the pee with 3 m. I don't know how anyone could live in the middle block of those three, though, as there must be zero privacy unless you keep your curtains closed all day. I don't suppose it would worry the Thais too much, but do farangs live there?

Its mostly Farang who are there every day .Thais mostly just use it as a weekend retreat .I dont live in the middle block ,but the windows are off set ,so you can not see through the windows in the opposite block .

Time to look again Thaifan2!

Angket is currently being renovated/upgraded. :)

A new two-tone paint scheme is being applied to the exterior. Lobby, elevators(lifts), and pool area are getting a face-lift. Stop by now to look or wait about 2 months to see it completed.

No longer the ugly duckling of Jomtien, it's morphing into a swan.

Jomtien Beach Condos have great security, good pools and OK gyms but the rooms are a bit small and the balconies just big enough for the A/C units and laundry. The price you stated is Ok for a true 1 bedroom especially if in the S1 or S2 buildings, they seem to go for a premium because they are closer to the beach and have more bars, restaurants etc. on the ground floors.

Edited by gerry53

A new two-tone paint scheme is being applied to the exterior. Lobby, elevators(lifts), and pool area are getting a face-lift. Stop by now to look or wait about 2 months to see it completed.

Yes ,i just noticed that today .Angket does now look much better already .I wish that they would do something with the rusty derelict car park ? building next door .

I have bought a Condo in the new Park Lane development across the road ,and i hope my future view improves for the better .

Thaifan2

Angket was in bad shape due to being a holdover from the problems of the late '90's. The Bank owned a very large block of rooms which they were unwilling to parcel out. They paid no maintenance fees on that large block hence funds were short.

Recently, BlissTel, the Thai mobile retailer, bought that block and is fronting up the money for the building re-fit.

The derelict building was not part of the deal and, aside from proximity, no longer has an association with Angket.

That said, it is on the market and someone will snap up that big corner lot. But maybe not for a while. :)

I hope they have some sense of taste in the colour scheme. Pattaya Sombat Condotel (on Pratumnak Soi 4) was in bad need of a coat of paint, so a while back they got the brushes out and it's now a truly awesome snot-green colour. I assume there must have been a special offer on paint colours that resemble unpleasant body fluids...

I hope they have some sense of taste in the colour scheme. Pattaya Sombat Condotel (on Pratumnak Soi 4) was in bad need of a coat of paint, so a while back they got the brushes out and it's now a truly awesome snot-green colour. I assume there must have been a special offer on paint colours that resemble unpleasant body fluids...

:D

Angket's gone for a darkish beige as the main colour with brown as an accent on the balcony exterior walls. It's too dark a colour for my taste but is a tremendous improvement nevertheless.

The bad thing about Jomtien Beach Condos at moment is the new second road that is being put between the 2 swimming pools ,that wont make your stay enjoyable with the noise and dust !!...mayhem !!

Do you live at JBC? if you did you would have noticed that they have been working on the Second Rd for over a year now on the parts of the road adjacent to JBC, when I have been there I have had no problem with noise or dust, I expect the only issue to come when they break up old concrete and that should only take a few days.

The only problem with the Second Road project is the stop and start that has left so much of it incomplete and at times a hazard to pedestrians, Bikes and other road users.