Pattaya To Hue Hin

7robbie7

From Pattaya, take Chonburi-Bangkok motorway (road #7) until you arrive in Bangkok. Pass Suvarnabhumi, then after 4 or 5 km take exit on your left to eastern outer ring road (road #9, aka Kanchanaphisek). Go round Bangkok, pass Chao Phraya river on Kanchanaphisek bridge, then after maybe 10 km exit left on road #35 (Rama II) in the direction of Samut Songkran and Samut Sakhon. Keep on driving on Rama II for maybe 45 minutes, that is until you reach Phetkasem road. Then turn left in the direction of Phetchaburi. Drive for about one hour (pass Phetchaburi and Cha-am) and you are in Hua Hin.

There are always other possibilities, like going through Bangna-Trat highway, then expressway to Dao Kanong and expressway to Rama II. But I think the above is easier.

Has your friend driven much in Thailand? If not this could be quite the adventure. If it is his first time please keep us informed ok. I would like to hear how it goes.Personally I would hire a driver and rent the car when i got to HH.

Goodluck and have a good time.

From Pattaya, take Chonburi-Bangkok motorway (road #7) until you arrive in Bangkok. Pass Suvarnabhumi, then after 4 or 5 km take exit on your left to eastern outer ring road (road #9, aka Kanchanaphisek). Go round Bangkok, pass Chao Phraya river on Kanchanaphisek bridge, then after maybe 10 km exit left on road #35 (Rama II) in the direction of Samut Songkran and Samut Sakhon. Keep on driving on Rama II for maybe 45 minutes, that is until you reach Phetkasem road. Then turn left in the direction of Phetchaburi. Drive for about one hour (pass Phetchaburi and Cha-am) and you are in Hua Hin.

There are always other possibilities, like going through Bangna-Trat highway, then expressway to Dao Kanong and expressway to Rama II. But I think the above is easier.

Another way is the Bangna-Trat elevated expressway, and then directly onto the ring road. That should be shorter as the Road 7 route takes you too far to the East.

Its amazing just how many km in total of elevated road you drive on with this route. Just the Bangna-Trat section is officially the worlds longest bridge at 55km according to the Guiness book of records, and then theres the ring road as well.