Riding Gear

husskydog

Can anyone give me details on the best shop for motorcycle gear here in Los, looking for an outfit for my girl friend, and yes small sizes needed, eg. she is only 39-40 kilos, 5`1" tall and has a waist of 24-26", 28" chest in think, and lastly 27" inside leg......cool leather would be nice, but not essential..and not overly exspensive :) ..thanks for any help

Have you tried Paddock in Bangkok, maybe not the cheapest in town but they have a huge selection. I think I saw somewhere that they have started end of the year sales, so bargains can maybe/probably be found. Bought mesh jackets for the wife and myself there last year

Can anyone give me details on the best shop for motorcycle gear here in Los, looking for an outfit for my girl friend, and yes small sizes needed, eg. she is only 39-40 kilos, 5`1" tall and has a waist of 24-26", 28" chest in think, and lastly 27" inside leg......cool leather would be nice, but not essential..and not overly exspensive :) ..thanks for any help

Several excellent bi-bike oriented shops here in Phuket with riding accessories, including premade and custom-made riding leathers. I have seem very good designs, from very traditional to wild fantasy colors and cut-outs. Wild West is just one name, there are at least three such in central Phuket alone.

Hi Dave, I bookmarked that link last time you posted it. Was wondering if you've actually visited the shop etc?

HI Judas

Not yet, but plans are afoot. Just waiting for mate to get back from OZ and then will plan a 'lads' trip up to the 'smoke'

I'm looking at getting a black&red Mesh Jacket and they seem to be very reasonably priced.

Hope the bikes still going Ok

Dave

Just been to Paddock and got my girlfriend a jacket from the Discount corner / cupboard cost 3,800b Not to bad but still not cheap. I would recommend you spend some time looking in the discount section if they do not have your size they may have it upstairs from stock. also the older Chinese Thai women will pressure you into buying. The jacket that we brought had crap armour in so i got them to change it. She got narky about that, I had to say ok we will order from the States and went to walk out before she relented and said ok. You can haggle especially if you are buying a lot. But be prepared.

Allan

Thankyou all for the fast reply, lots of info there...i`m up in issan so i will have to get down to the smoke for a look, i dont want took risk ordering by post for clothes...great..

btw....Dave the Dude, whats up with our forum up here, it`s up again but not taking my user name and password?

a the builder hasn`t fixed it..lol...thx

Thankyou all for the fast reply, lots of info there...i`m up in issan so i will have to get down to the smoke for a look, i dont want took risk ordering by post for clothes...great..

btw....Dave the Dude, whats up with our forum up here, it`s up again but not taking my user name and password?

a the builder hasn`t fixed it..lol...thx

I have just this minute got back on it, after many hours hard work by Danny (He built it BTW). I think its worth logging in and changing your password, so I have been told.

Sorry as :) but a good opportunity to mention SurinFarang :D:D

:D

Several excellent bi-bike oriented shops here in Phuket with riding accessories, including premade and custom-made riding leathers. I have seem very good designs, from very traditional to wild fantasy colors and cut-outs. Wild West is just one name, there are at least three such in central Phuket alone.

Really ?? Where ??

I mean I know the Thai leather work places, but they dont make real bike gear, eg sliders, armour, CE in shoulders etc..

Fine if you want a harley type black and orange jacket but not real protection.

Would love to be wrong, but not seen anything of quality made here only the stuff in west coast etc which is vastly over priced IMO.

Livin. For some 'REAL' biker gear is a pair of leather chaps, cut off leather gloves, sunglasses and a bandanna.

Each to their own. but not my cup of tea. Protection is the name of the game, especially here in Los.

Allan