Rototiller

Gary A

This is another item that I have been unable to find. A small tiller would be ideal for the home garden.

I've been using a 8 hp Troy built for years. I've notice those big things being run by guys in the fields.

Like a giant tiller, tires the size of small auto tires.

There is and Italian make. The name starts with a B.

Why not contact Troybuilt.com

Also check out no till gardening on the web.

Just keep laying down layers of compost and mulch and never turn the soil. Just keep plugging in new plants or seeds... :o

Yes a Troybilt would be perfect. Unfortunately I couldn't get one of even the small ones in my luggage. My surfing found a Chinese built unit installed on the back of a tractor. The $31,000 price tag for that whole package is a little over my budget and I think too large for what I want to do.

As far as a work permit my girlfriend would have no problem learning to use one. :D The Thai hoe fits in her hands quite well. Being a big hearted type where she is concerned I even bought her an automatic washing machine. She also likes the microwave much better than she liked building a fire in the clay pot. :o

This is another item that I have been unable to find. A small tiller would be ideal for the home garden.

I've been using a 8 hp Troy built for years. I've notice those big things being run by guys in the fields.

Like a giant tiller, tires the size of small auto tires.

There is and Italian make. The name starts with a B.

Why not contact Troybuilt.com

Also check out no till gardening on the web.

Just keep laying down layers of compost and mulch and never turn the soil. Just keep plugging in new plants or seeds... :D

• 3 months later...

I have only ever seen one rotovator for sale in Thailand, was about 10,000 Baht. It was in garden center attached to Tesco Lotus in Phrae.

Is not there now, but must be available somewhere

Kubota makes a diesel rototiller on the same scale as the two wheel tractors you see in the fields...about 75,000 baht. They seem to be really rugged but I wouldn't call them 'small'. You can buy a new kubota tractor (28 horsepower) and then buy a tiller attachment...all for about 400,000 baht. There is a Thai made tiller that is sold in some places...it comes without a motor...I think it's 20,000 baht without the motor...it takes a gasoline motor like a honda or some such...these don't seem too sturdy but I've never seen one running. It is still kind of large compared to what I've seen as 'small' rototillers in the US...it's also a bit top heavy which means it will probably take a bit more muscle to operate than a low slung model like a honda which I've never seen in Thailand. If you run into a 'small' tiller I'd be interested in knowing where yoiu found it...its on my list of things to acquire.