New Pajero Sport Update

chivo

i visited the mitsu dealership this weekend...

there is already an update on the newer vehicle.

the 2010 pajero sport now has:

-different wheels (nicer looking imo)

-cruise control

-back-up sensor (beeps- and not sure if back-up camera is included or not)

if there are any other differences, please let me know what u know.

lastly, it comes at about 27,000 baht more.

in your opinion are the extras worth the extra cash>

i am quite close to buying and am curious to hear your take on this...

cheers

I had a quick look at a 2WD yesterday in Nakhon Sawan and it looks very nice.

The 2WD comes in at 1,070,000 baht and the 4WD at 1,240,000 baht both prices are for the GT version which is a 3.2 litre turbo diesel against the GLS 2.5 litre turbo diesel.

It looks much better than the Ford Everest or the Isuzu MU7 and has coil spring rear suspension instead of the cart springs but still has only disc/drum brakes as opposed to disc/disc.

I am not in the market yet but it looks a good buy at that price.

-cruise control

The wife just brought me one for my birthday and I must say they are just the bees knees. I got a reverse camera with mine as well. The turbo works a treat, as do all the other toys on it. A rear seat TV system (addon) would have been nice as standard, rather than the front seat TV / alpine, as the kids do like their movies on long trips - but this is the next thing I will do so the kids are happy.

The foldaway rear seats gives a ton of room, All in all I like mine and thanks to the wife for a great present as I was going to get a MU7.

i visited the mitsu dealership this weekend...

there is already an update on the newer vehicle.

-cruise control

if there are any other differences, please let me know what u know.

lastly, it comes at about 27,000 baht more.

in your opinion are the extras worth the extra cash>

i am quite close to buying and am curious to hear your take on this...

cheers

Depends on how you drive, but i d say the cruise is worth 27k alone

Hi,

I sold my fortuner 2.7 and bought the pajero sport 2.5 2010.

I am very happy with this car.

The 2010 have some more extras add from 2009.

I think it is :

back sensor

roof rack

cruise control

electric controlled driver seat.

Price was 1070000

In price they put on all the original extras that MItsubishi had exept back camera.

So far I must say that what impress me the most is the low fuel cost, it have been around 0.8 litre/10km.

Regards

Erkki

• 1 month later...

i had mine for about 5months now, 2.5GT model. it ran 12,500K just around this island(Koh Samui)

so far i have not had any problems with this car. i saw many articles and reports from Montero forum Philippine, since thats what Mitsu is selling Pajero sport there, many shots of rusty engine bay or around, but mine is still crystal clear & clean. maybe it something got to do with car wash, i, never allow people to wash inside of hood even they ask me to. i am not sure but maybe washing your engine bay casing those rusty???

anyways, i am very happy with Pajero Sport, eats alot less gas than Fortuner, and feels much slimmer when you drive on tight streets and all.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm also in the market for the new Pajero Sport. Have my eyes set on a pearl white 3.2 GT. Only thing holding me back is that I keep hearing about the lower resale value compared to a Fortuner - another SUV I was considering before. Any one have advise on this or any first had experience with the new Pajero in general.

Did my reading all over the net but not too much to find from real owners.

Also, I could not find any definite answer whether an Iphone can be easily connected to the Alpine/Touchscreen unit. I want to be able to play music from my Iphone - and no Im not interested in the FM modulator.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Cheers

Hi guys, I'm also in the market for the new Pajero Sport. Have my eyes set on a pearl white 3.2 GT. Only thing holding me back is that I keep hearing about the lower resale value compared to a Fortuner - another SUV I was considering before. Any one have advise on this or any first had experience with the new Pajero in general.

Also, I could not find any definite answer whether an Iphone can be easily connected to the Alpine/Touchscreen unit. I want to be able to play music from my Iphone - and no Im not interested in the FM modulator.

There is some info on the Pajero on this thread:

MU-7

Although the Alpine unit does have an IPOD logo on the front of the unit, I can not find a connector anywhere, although to be honest I didn't look that hard as I don't have an Ipod. The more important thing for me is the Navi option, which I have been able to source in Bangkok.

I am very happy with the Pajero. At this point it may not have the resale value of a Fortuner, but I'm seeing more and more of them on the streets lately. I think the lower price combined with the lack of availability of white Fortuners might be driving the sales. The one thing that really put me off the Fortuner was the 3rd row seats and the way they fold up against the side. It blocks the side windows and uses up cargo space. Really looks like an after thought just to get the 7 passenger seating for the lower tax rate. The Pajero seats fold flat into the floor and do so very easily as well, no need to remove headrests or anything.

I bought the 2.5 lt 2 wheel drive GT and am very happy with the power and the fuel economy.

There is some info on the Pajero on this thread:

MU-7

Although the Alpine unit does have an IPOD logo on the front of the unit, I can not find a connector anywhere, although to be honest I didn't look that hard as I don't have an Ipod. The more important thing for me is the Navi option, which I have been able to source in Bangkok.

I am very happy with the Pajero. At this point it may not have the resale value of a Fortuner, but I'm seeing more and more of them on the streets lately. I think the lower price combined with the lack of availability of white Fortuners might be driving the sales. The one thing that really put me off the Fortuner was the 3rd row seats and the way they fold up against the side. It blocks the side windows and uses up cargo space. Really looks like an after thought just to get the 7 passenger seating for the lower tax rate. The Pajero seats fold flat into the floor and do so very easily as well, no need to remove headrests or anything.

I bought the 2.5 lt 2 wheel drive GT and am very happy with the power and the fuel economy.

top of the line I d still prefere Fortuner, but Mitsus rather powerfull 2,5 auto 2 wd in white is in a class of its own.

agree about the 3rd row seat. folds away much better in Pajero Sport

Thanks for your quick tips. One more thing, how would you rate travel comfort on long trips compared to the Fortuner? And last but not least, how is the 3.2l version compared to the 2.5l when it comes to keeping up with traffic and ease of overtaking? :)

Cheers

Have not had any long trips as yet. That will change in about a week, Songkhla to Hua Hin then. Have never driven a Fortuner or the 3.2 Pajero, so can't compare. Do know that the 2.5 Pajero is a lot snappier than a 1.8 Honda Civic and the Civic was a 5 speed transmission compared to 4 for the Mitsu.

Have not had any long trips as yet. That will change in about a week, Songkhla to Hua Hin then. Have never driven a Fortuner or the 3.2 Pajero, so can't compare. Do know that the 2.5 Pajero is a lot snappier than a 1.8 Honda Civic and the Civic was a 5 speed transmission compared to 4 for the Mitsu.

Thats the punch of the diesel engine wqhen on the fly. I've driven my brother-in-laws triton 2.5 manual (I have a civic 2.0). It's acceleration at higher speeds is great and similar to my car. Of course the pajero/triton will be slower off the line, and it is. last xmas I followed my bro-in-law when he wwas loaded with gear and 5 people and I only managed to keep up with him (3 ppl onboard and luggage), after hard accereration (between 80-120 km/h). The 2.5 is a pretty good engine. The 3.2 should be faster though I head its a more raucous engine. Lots of chip performance upgrades for diesels too (2.5 performance increases to 3.2 performance)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who shared their feedback. As I was ready to get me one of these babies (pearl white 3.2GT) I found that it seems almost impossible to get one without long and uncertain waiting. All Mitsubishi dealers I contacted don't have one in stock. I was ready to put money down with a confirmed delivery date but all of them refuse to give me a date. All i am hearing is they will try to get it within 1-2 months.

Now, I may be impatient in your opinion but putting money on a car where the dealer does not even confirm the delivery dates seems unreasonable to me. :)

Any of you guys know a dealer i could contact that has one in stock or recommend a reliable dealer?

Thanks a bunch

Thanks to all who shared their feedback. As I was ready to get me one of these babies (pearl white 3.2GT) I found that it seems almost impossible to get one without long and uncertain waiting. All Mitsubishi dealers I contacted don't have one in stock. I was ready to put money down with a confirmed delivery date but all of them refuse to give me a date. All i am hearing is they will try to get it within 1-2 months.

Now, I may be impatient in your opinion but putting money on a car where the dealer does not even confirm the delivery dates seems unreasonable to me. :)

Any of you guys know a dealer i could contact that has one in stock or recommend a reliable dealer?

Thanks a bunch

This is nothing unusual in Thailand with all dealers, as typically once you pay your deposit they put the order in with the factory.

A little additional advise if you're serious about buying a Pajero Sport.

Don't be shy to push the sales person for all the extras you can get!

He gave away 'off the bat':

- Revering camera

- Window frame wind visor trims

- Bonnet edge bug/stone chip protection visor trim

- LED Door mirrors

- 1 years fully comp insurance

Then, today just prior to signing up, I said to the Mrs, "lets just see what else we can acquire?"

We pulled the accessory brochure from the shelf and waded through it.

The Result (without hesitation from the sales guy):

- V- Cool Tint film

- Set of chrome kick trims for the door apertures

- Full set of mats (as pictured in the accessory brochure) not some tacky after market tat

- Rear lamp chrome trims (which we actually said no too, because they do look naff!)

These guys are serious about catching the potential Fortuna customer as they also give a 5 years or 150,000km service warranty/package

We had a strict budget of 1.1 Million to spend, not more and last Saturday morning we were on the way to sign up to a Fortuna 2.5 2WD Manual. (with an unknown wait list period?)

We knew the 2.5 Fortuna spec was less than attractive, but we needed to replace our 10 year old Sportrider and to date our Fortuna Smart had been very suitable for our needs as our main vehicle.

My Mrs was totally against considering anything else other than a Fortuna and I was too to some extent!

The Mitsubishi dealer was on the way to the Toyota dealer and so I convinced the Mrs that there was no harm to looking at the Pajero Sport 2.5 as I thought it would endorse our choice of another Fortuna!

Side by side, value for money wise you would have to be a mug to buy the 2.5 manual 2WD Fortuna when this Pajero Sport 2WD offers so much more.

I can only speak in relation to our own requirements and budget, but if you're in the market for an SUV within the 'just over 1 million bracket' you must check out the Pajero Sport before making your final choice.

Anyway, we collect our fully loaded Pajero Sport this Saturday when it could so easily have been a bog standard base model Fortuna!

Completely agree with jkinbkk, although I sure didn't get as many freebies as he did. As soon as I specified 3M window tint most of the other stuff was withdrawn.

Have done the Songkhla to Hua Hin trip, average hiway fuel use was 9.0 lt/100 km......but that was with my foot into it.....averaging 120km/h with some 130/140. The 2.5 has plenty of power for the hiway, but have to admit it seems to be happiest at the 110-120 km/h zone, turning about 2400 rpm. Red line is 4600 rpm.

A very comfortable ride and the size of the fuel tank will give you close to 600 kms on a full tank.

For those of you have not found it yet, there is a power plug inside the center console with a neat little slot/hook where you can route the cord out side to charge your cell phone or operate something else in the rear seat.

I'm very happy with the car and by the amount I see on the road I think it must really be eating into Fortuner sales.

I took delivery of a 3.2 Pajero in Pearl White last week. I'm up in Chiang Mai and I only had to wait 10 days for delivery of the Pearl White. All in 1.28 million baht.

As somebody else mentioned, haggle for freebies, these guys are desperate for sales. I got free insurance any driver, GPS, reversing camera, floor mats, chrome trim for the lights and 3 or 4 other things that I can't remember off hand.

One feature that the new Pajero doesn't have is an on board computer for working out your average gas consumption. I've got a heavy right foot and I'm finding the Pajero to be a bit of a gas guzzler. Apart from that I'm very happy, I've just got to work out how to use the GPS, lol....

The warranty of 5 years / 150,000 sold it for me along with the price....

Happy motoring....

Free GPS??

Boy, you did a lot better than me on freebies. The GPS unit that the dealer wanted to sell me was a handheld Alpine unit that integrated with the touch screen, but was floating around in the glove box. That was quoted at 29,000 baht. I did not want that option. I just got finished getting a built in unit installed in BKK at Formula -Technic. So far very impressed with the maps and features, far better sat reception than my Garmin Nuvi. Going from the GPS shop to the hotel I frequently lost sat coverage on the Garmin (windshield mount) but never once lost it on the Alpine unit. Cost for that unit was 24,000 baht, not cheap, but a neat installation. Also had a rear seat overhead DVD player/monitor with Alpine wireless headset installed.