Uk Visitor's Visa - Any Other Documents Required For Visit?

My Thai girlfriend recently got a 6-month UK visitor's visa, but a neighbour said she will need to show "insurance" papers to get into the UK. I think this is highly unlikely, but if there is anyone out there who can reassure her that a current passport with a valid visa is all she needs for the trip, I'd be grateful!

(Just a note - this was the second application. Last year's was refused, and the reasons given were clear. So we took a year making sure these reasons couldn't be used again - satisfying their concerns, if you will. This year's application was slim, but contained all the documentation needed. Maybe that first application should be treated as a "dry run" by anyone seeking a visa - but it's a hel_l of an expensive way to find out what they want from you!)

My Thai girlfriend recently got a 6-month UK visitor's visa, but a neighbour said she will need to show "insurance" papers to get into the UK. I think this is highly unlikely, but if there is anyone out there who can reassure her that a current passport with a valid visa is all she needs for the trip, I'd be grateful!

(Just a note - this was the second application. Last year's was refused, and the reasons given were clear. So we took a year making sure these reasons couldn't be used again - satisfying their concerns, if you will. This year's application was slim, but contained all the documentation needed. Maybe that first application should be treated as a "dry run" by anyone seeking a visa - but it's a hel_l of an expensive way to find out what they want from you!)

Do not bet on the "highly unlikely". I know we are talking apple and oranges but when I took my wife to the US custom's wanted to see proof of insurance before granting entrance. She showed her travel insurance that was purchased for the trip they excepted this. It was cheep enough to buy and covered her for her entire stay. Better be safe than sorry.

There is no legal requirement for visitors to have medical or other insurance in order to enter the UK. Your girlfriend will not be asked for any insurance documents at UK immigration.

However, as anything except basic emergency treatment at A&E could be charged for, it is highly recommended that she does take out some medical cover.