Non Imm O Renewal For Non-thai Family

Hello,

I looked in the forum and couldn't find any specific answer to our situation.

I need some advise for renewing my family's Non-O visa. (expire in less than 30 days.)

I would very much appreciate your help.

Here is our situation.

We are non Thai family of 4.

Wife(me)= Japanese citizen, has a full time job with WP and Non-B visa.

Husband= American citizen, with Non-O visa based on wife's Non-B visa.(he's in the middle of building a business and technically Not working)

2 kids= Japanese/American citizen with Non-O visa based on mom's Non-B visa.( They go to an Thai elementary school in BKK)

All of our visa will expire in less than 30 days. This is our second year and 1st time to renew the visa.

Last year, my company used an visa agency for my wp & visa all being paid by the company I work for.

This year will be the same, so my visa is taken care of.

Last year, some immigration officer basically told us that the fact that my husband isn't working may make it harder for my family to get non-O. because it's suspicious why a man not work and make woman work..it doesn't work that way in Thailand....etc. We didn't wanna take any risk and used the same visa agency (for my visa) to get the family's non-O visa and ended up more than 25000 B/ person.

This year we simply cannot afford it and trying to get more info to do by ourselves.

I assume I have to renew my visa before my family apply.

My question is :

How difficult will it be for my family to obtain non "O" visa? ( they should be eligible technically, but based on what I hear/read I don't know how smoothly the process will go.)

Will they ask a bunch of question and make it difficult for my husband?

Sorry for the long post.

I appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

The 2 kids can get 12 month extensions based on their education.

Your Husband can get a 12 month Extension based on being the Parent of children with extensions for education. Assuming he is the legal Father. He would need 500,000 Baht in a Thai bank.

You are OK as am working with a Work Permit.

Extensions from Immigration cost 1,900 each.

Have a look at the Police Order that deals with extensions.

Download the document here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

Look at 2.8 and 2.9 for the kids. 2.11 for the Husband.

Others may have other ideas for you.

You must have a one year extension of stay rather than a visa. That allows your dependents to obtain matching extensions of stay (not visas). Each extension of stay requires a TM.7 which has a 4x6cm photo attached and a fee of 1,900 baht. And your extension of stay is key for all of them. It should not be that much of a problem but yes questions may be asked and you are right they do not much like the woman being the supporter. But it should not be that much of an issue and should only take a few hours of there time and some smiles.

Thank you so much, Lite Beer and lopburi3 for your advise.

I guess we have to go for lopburi3's suggestion since we don't have time (or money) to do the other option.

I'll go to the immigration next week to renew/extend my visa for 3 month(that's what the visa agency told me).

I hope my family will be able to do the same with a few hours and smile :) .

I appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks again.

I'll go to the immigration next week to renew/extend my visa for 3 month(that's what the visa agency told me).

They will not extend it for 3 months . Only for 12 months if you qualify because of your work.

2.1 In the case of business such as employment with a company or partnership, etc.: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien must have a temporary visa

(2) The alien must have an income consistent with that set out in the Income Table attached hereto; (exhibit a)

(3) The business concerned must have a registered capital of not less than Baht 2 million, fully paid-up;

(4) The business concerned must have duly submitted its financial statement as at the end of the two fiscal years and certified by an auditor or tax auditor, showing a sound financial condition and an on-going active business as attached order (exhibit :)

(5) The business needs to employ the aliens

(6) The business concerned must have a ratio of 1 alien to 4 Thai permanent employees.

(7) The following businesses are exempted from the requirements of clauses (3), (4) and (5), and the ratio of aliens to Thai employees under clause (6) shall be reduced to 1:1.

(a) International trade enterprise (Representative Office)

(:D Regional Office

© Multinational company (Branch Office)