Where To Buy Generic Or Locally Made Proscar (finasteride)

steveb

Anyone know if there is a generic or locally made PROSCAR (finasteride) and where to buy it? Paid 1500 baht for 30 pills which is quite high as I need to take it for a long time. The one I bought is imported from the U.S. If it is not made in Thailand is there a cheaper place to buy it?

แฮริฟิน-5

In English harifin-5

No idea of the cost because I get it free through Thai Social Security.

The Harifin-5 does not have an active metabolite as firide does.

The only product that copy the proscar made by Siam Pharmaceutical.

Proscar Check it out at MIMS thailand.

Good Luck

The final active matablite of Firide is axactly the same as Proscar. (polymorphic form 1)

Harifin-5 does not. The efficacy ,then, is definitely big different.

Harifin-5 made by T.O. Pharmacy.

Firide made by Siam Pharmaceutical.

Siam Pharmaceutical is so far the top pharmaceutical company in Thailand.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing to do with them but I would choose them the first choice if I have to take generic.

They best products are antibiotics but cardiovascular med and the firide are also much better than the others.

Berlin is another drug maker. They are good at cardiovascular medication.

T.O. products have very inexpensive price that is why it is used in SS insurrance and Government insurance( Gold Card/30 Baht Card)

The governmant pay about 1500-2000 per head per year for SSI and Gold Card. No way they will give anything like Firide/proscar.

The firide 3*10's tabs cost 800-900 baht which is used for one month. You know what I am trying to say?

I did not mean the GC and SSI are not good but sometimes they try to safe cost too much and it turns out substandard.

>> Back to topic<<<

Firide is a copy of proscar. Hirifin-5 is similar to proscar.

It is your choice to choose which one you would like to invest in your health.

Edited by PMNL

look! Proscar is SIMPLY finasteride! THATS ALL. There is no majic or mysterious recipe involved here. Proscar is the 1 brand name amongst many containing the compound finasteride in 5mg version.

so ANY brand that contains 5mg FINASTERIDE is identical in activity to Proscar. does not matter what the brand name is or anything else.

and there are many many many brands out there for the chemical FINASTERIDE and one could argue quality and efficacy all day

you can try eastchinapharmacy in BKK on soi across from Bumrungrad they have manny generics.

or u can try the internet as well inhousepharmacy etc

Edited by jackoneilone

I think I would have to agree with PMNL.

Firide® Treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) to decrease enlarged prostate, increase urinary flow & improve symptoms.

Harifin-5® [tab] Finasteride Treatment & control of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) to improve symptoms, reduction of risk of acute urinary retention & the risk of the need for surgery including transurethral resection of the prostate & prostatectomy. Reduction of risk of symptomatic progression of BPH.

As you can see it is not the same as Firide decreases enlarged prostrate which is what Proscar is prescribed for but Harifin does not decrease the prostrate.

I think I would have to agree with PMNL.

Firide® Treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) to decrease enlarged prostate, increase urinary flow & improve symptoms.

Harifin-5® [tab] Finasteride Treatment & control of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) to improve symptoms, reduction of risk of acute urinary retention & the risk of the need for surgery including transurethral resection of the prostate & prostatectomy. Reduction of risk of symptomatic progression of BPH.

As you can see it is not the same as Firide decreases enlarged prostrate which is what Proscar is prescribed for but Harifin does not decrease the prostrate.

lol

same thing!

if its 5mg finasteride then its same thing. firide as may harifin also comes in 1mg which is for hairloss.

Harifin-5 5mg Finasteride

Firide 5mg Finasteride

same thing!

It is the same name in generic but different in active metabolite.

Yes, they have 1 mg for hairloss in both makers.

It is entirly up to you you want to use the same thing or the similar thing.

Good Luck.

PMNL your confused.. It is the same INGREDIENT the same chemical the same compound 100% the same thing. Hence metabolite or not would be identical.