Schengen Visa

My Thai wife has a 5 year UK visitor visa so don’t expect any problems in obtaining a Schengen visa which we plan to apply for next year for a short visit outside the UK.

My question is I have read that we should apply to the Embassy of the country that we plan to visit or first enter but what happens if we subsequently change plans after being granted the visa and decide to visit another Schengen country instead? Would my wife be able to enter that country?

Also what length of visa would normally be granted on the first application?

My Thai wife has a 5 year UK visitor visa so don’t expect any problems in obtaining a Schengen visa which we plan to apply for next year for a short visit outside the UK.

My question is I have read that we should apply to the Embassy of the country that we plan to visit or first enter but what happens if we subsequently change plans after being granted the visa and decide to visit another Schengen country instead? Would my wife be able to enter that country?

Also what length of visa would normally be granted on the first application?

Looking at my wife's Schengen Visa issued by the Dutch Embassy Sofia last week it states

valid for Schengen States
without any mention of the Netherlands other than the stamp of the embassy.

The visa also states

duration of stay 90 days

hey

You may enter any EU country you wish as long as you hold a Shenghen visa

Which consulate you have applied for it is irrelevant

Or....you wait a couple of years and I guess you won't be needing a visa at all as UK seems to move towards its full integration