Electric Kettle: Advice Sought After Electrical Meltdown

syd barrett

I am looking to buy in Pattaya or around Pattaya a low-power electrical kettle. Maybe around 1KW rather than the normal 2KW.

I am pretty sure that such kettles exist, known as 'travel kettles' they just hold 2 cups of water rather than 1200 ml.

This request is a knock-on from my recent post, telling of an electrical near-miss in my accommodation in Pattaya. (Link below!)

I might add that my electrical supply into my accommodation is 2-pin only and cannot be changed.

Electrical Near Miss

I have seen them upstairs in Friendship before, not sure about nowadays.

They also sell the small metal kettles, but they don't (or at least didn't ) have an auto switch off. I wouldn't trust those.

Otto kettles are crap, avoid.

UPDATE

I bought a small 2 pin kettle today at Carrefour (Pattaya Klang) it was 'Kando' brand priced 295 baht. It is rated at 450W which will make it safer to use on a multiplug extension.

Whilst I was in Carrefour I also made an inspection of the multi-socket-plugs on sale. They were all poor quality. If anyone can suggest where in Pattaya I can buy a better quality of multiplug I would be grateful. So far I have tried Carrefour, Tesco Lotus Pattaya Nua, Big C 2nd Road. Thanks.

Edited by syd barrett

Whilst I was in Carrefour I also made an inspection of the multi-socket-plugs on sale. They were all poor quality. If anyone can suggest where in Pattaya I can buy a better quality of multiplug I would be grateful. So far I have tried Carrefour, Tesco Lotus Pattaya Nua, Big C 2nd Road. Thanks.

Did you try HomPro in Carrefour ??

Did you try HomPro in Carrefour ??

I did not try HomPro, maybe I should have. Would they sell multiple sockets?