Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Boat Ramps, Launch Spots Phuket

Big Guy

Hi all, I have recently bought a small boat for fishing and island hopping around phuket and was wanting to know local ramps and costs.

So lets all get together and list what ones we know and good and bad points with each.

Ao Por Marina, 535bt

Good ramp at all tides, handy to Phang nga bay and the islands

Boat lagoon, 535bt

Looks good at high tide but as yet have not launched here, any feedback at what it is like in small boats and low water.

Rawai, public ramp

Only visited at low water and unuseable at this time, anyone used this ramp and any feedback would be welcome. Was a nasty drop at the end of conrete ramp so would need to be careful launching.

Chalong, public ramp

narrow steep ramp, as yet havnt used it but looks usable, anyone got any pointers on this ramp. Parking for car and trailer looks to be a problem here, anyone with any suggestions.

Ao Yon, possible to launch small boats off the beach here. Take care as the sand is soft near top of beach. Might be advisable to have tow rope and a 4wd is necessary.

There must be more spots out there as well, so please list them.

Hi all, I have recently bought a small boat for fishing and island hopping around phuket and was wanting to know local ramps and costs.

So lets all get together and list what ones we know and good and bad points with each.

Ao Por Marina, 535bt

Boat lagoon, 535bt

Looks good at high tide but as yet have not launched here, any feedback at what it is like in small boats and low water.

Rawai, public ramp

Only visited at low water and unuseable at this time, anyone used this ramp and any feedback would be welcome. Was a nasty drop at the end of conrete ramp so would need to be careful launching.

Chalong, public ramp

narrow steep ramp, as yet havnt used it but looks usable, anyone got any pointers on this ramp. Parking for car and trailer looks to be a problem here, anyone with any suggestions.

Ao Yon, possible to launch small boats off the beach here. Take care as the sand is soft near top of beach. Might be advisable to have tow rope and a 4wd is necessary.

Rawai Public,

You need a good 4X4 and to be a little careful I take my Centre Console Alluminium 6.2M in and out now and again for a debarnacle or such like and it can be done.

Of course its best to have some help.

Rawai Beach Fishing Club the only IGFA Affiliated Club in Thailand are actively looking for a sponsor to upgrade this facility and hope to get permission from local authorities to proceed soon. Watch this space www.rawaibeachfishingclub.com

Ao Por Marina, 535bt

Boat lagoon, 535bt

Rawai, public ramp

Chalong, public ramp

Rawai Public,

You need a good 4X4 and to be a little careful I take my Centre Console Alluminium 6.2M in and out now and again for a debarnacle or such like and it can be done.

Of course its best to have some help.

Rawai Beach Fishing Club the only IGFA Affiliated Club in Thailand are actively looking for a sponsor to upgrade this facility and hope to get permission from local authorities to proceed soon. Watch this space www.rawaibeachfishingclub.com

I keep my trailer boat at Ao Por, and at low tide it's not possible to launch or retrieve. Not a problem during low tide retrieval, as just put the boat on a berth overnight, and come back at high tide the next day.