Idiots Living Oposite Me

onnut

As requested by onnut...here is the picture taken from the roof of his house.

post-34730-1256987359_thumb.jpg

After closely examining the CRIME SCENE, I have come up with an easy solution and her names not ning.

Why dont you in the future, upon arriving home to your particular soi, reverse your car down the soi and you will therefore be attacking your driveway from a different angle and thus the pot will become irrelevant to the angle of the dangle, if you get what I mean????? Of course if they move the pot to compensate for this they will have to place it outside their neighbours house, which wont happen, or will it?

Many times when I come home I take a peak down the soi to see if I can just reverse all the way in, but sometimes ther are other cars parked eitherside which makes it very hard to reverse as there is literally an inch either side of the car so it is much easier for me to drive in forwards and would probably mean less damage.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst i agree that these women are being unreasonable, is it not also true that were they to have a car, the area where the plant now rests would effectively be theirs to use, as the street in front of your house is yours to use for your wife to park her car?

Edited by rixalex

After closely examining the CRIME SCENE, I have come up with an easy solution and her names not ning.

Why dont you in the future, upon arriving home to your particular soi, reverse your car down the soi and you will therefore be attacking your driveway from a different angle and thus the pot will become irrelevant to the angle of the dangle, if you get what I mean????? Of course if they move the pot to compensate for this they will have to place it outside their neighbours house, which wont happen, or will it?

Many times when I come home I take a peak down the soi to see if I can just reverse all the way in, but sometimes ther are other cars parked eitherside which makes it very hard to reverse as there is literally an inch either side of the car so it is much easier for me to drive in forwards and would probably mean less damage.

And why should you go through the trouble?

Simple - just move the plant pot next to their gate each time when you get out the car to open your gate on the way in. It's a (slight) pain, but odds are on them getting fed up of moving it back.

2long has a valid point. Absent any photos, one can't see the complete picture. I have only lived in Chiang Mai city and without a car so I don't know what etiquette is used for parking on public streets in these type of neighborhoods. What if a vehicle(s) was parked outside the annoyed neighbors that was either theirs or had their approval, would that have created a similar issue for the OP and would they be within their rights?
Whilst i agree that these women are being unreasonable, is it not also true that were they to have a car, the area where the plant now rests would effectively be theirs to use, as the street in front of your house is yours to use for your wife to park her car?

Duh.

You first said that this dispute began when your spouse heard that these neighbours were talking about her. Maybe their gossip was justified, or maybe not, I of course do not know you or your spouse.

If it`s a case of not wanting to lose face, either you or your spouse, than you will never be happy living in your wife`s house.

Either you learn to adapt to the ways of Thailand or continue living with this problem.

When I moved to Chiang Mai permanantly in 2003, it took me 2 years to lose my English aggression. Since than, my lifestyle has been greatly enhanced.

It`s your problem and you have to deal with it, if you think you know best.

Great that you lost your aggression too bad that the rest of your character did not improve.

:)

Sorry, but under Thai law, you do not own the house you live in.

If all or part of the funds that bought the house was your money, than that again is illegal. You are also breaking the law by hiring an illegal Burmese worker.

I am making these points, not to flame, but as trying to explain to you that in Thailand it is smart to keep your head down and not become involved with disputes.

In the event that this argument with your neighbours escalates into something serious, under the Thai system, you will not win. We are only glorified tourists here, keeping in mind that we have no rights, only privileges.

If you intend to live in Thailand in peace and happiness, than, Wise up my friend.

I have earnt the money in Thailand and I am married so how can it be against the law to buy a house in my wifes name with the money?

Like I said, I am married til death us part, and unless I mess up and my wife boots me out, the house is our house.

Not a problem with our maid as the paper work has been started.

I am keeping my head down and have not given the ladies a problem, that's why I have posted on the forum to see what you lot think.

Thank you

Why are you here then since you have infinite wisdom?

I just pop in every now and again to take the mick out of posts I don't really believe are 100% real.

Ok in all seriousness. If I were in his situation I'd give a little. People who have helped me out in life have always got a lot more in return.

As much as it pains you to do now, meet them (not in the middle) but give in to them a little, as it were. Sure your wife would know what to do to satisfy them, she must know what has upset them in the first place....

Seriousness over, take the bedsheet option.

Thanks for the nomination. I do try

So I feel that as it is a public road I have the right to be able to back my car in. I work here and pay my way so why should I put up with this treatment?

What if you were to just drive in nose first? That wouldn't cause you any problems would it?

Edit: Hang on, Did I read another post right, this has been going on for a year?

Edited by PattayaParent

So I feel that as it is a public road I have the right to be able to back my car in. I work here and pay my way so why should I put up with this treatment?

What if you were to just drive in nose first? That wouldn't cause you any problems would it?

Edit: Hang on, Did I read another post right, this has been going on for a year?

Yes around a year! Ok it is not possible to just drive in front first as the front wheels touch a step in my garden and the boot still sticks out of the gate but if I reverse in the boot goes over the step and the back wheels touch meaning the whole car can get in and I can then close the gate. Does that make sense?

Edited by onnut

If all or part of the funds that bought the house was your money, than that again is illegal. You are also breaking the law by hiring an illegal Burmese worker.

I am making these points, not to flame, but as trying to explain to you that in Thailand it is smart to keep your head down and not become involved with disputes.

In the event that this argument with your neighbours escalates into something serious, under the Thai system, you will not win. We are only glorified tourists here, keeping in mind that we have no rights, only privileges.

If you intend to live in Thailand in peace and happiness, than, Wise up my friend.

I have earnt the money in Thailand and I am married so how can it be against the law to buy a house in my wifes name with the money?

Like I said, I am married til death us part, and unless I mess up and my wife boots me out, the house is our house.

Not a problem with our maid as the paper work has been started.

I am keeping my head down and have not given the ladies a problem, that's why I have posted on the forum to see what you lot think.

Thank you

It makes no difference where you obtained the money, legally you can not own that land, or purchase any of it with your money, unless you own the property as part of your company, if you own one, that fulfils all the requirements imposed under Thai law.

If this is not fact, than prove me wrong?

Edited by sassienie

Yes around a year! Ok it is not possible to just drive in front first as the front wheels touch a step in my garden and the boot still sticks out of the gate but if I reverse in the boot goes over the step and the back wheels touch meaning the whole car can get in and I can then close the gate. Does that make sense?

Makes sense with the parking situation, but not why this has been going on for a year with the bloody plant pot situation.

You first said that this dispute began when your spouse heard that these neighbours were talking about her. Maybe their gossip was justified, or maybe not, I of course do not know you or your spouse.

If it`s a case of not wanting to lose face, either you or your spouse, than you will never be happy living in your wife`s house.

Either you learn to adapt to the ways of Thailand or continue living with this problem.

When I moved to Chiang Mai permanantly in 2003, it took me 2 years to lose my English aggression. Since than, my lifestyle has been greatly enhanced.

It`s your problem and you have to deal with it, if you think you know best.

I think you are reading and interpreting my post in the wrong way! Sorry I do not wish to offend but I cannot be any clearer about this story.

I am not an angry person and I enjoy living in MY house with MY wife and son. As far as I and my wife is concerned we are married to death do us part and we BOTH own the house which we have both worked hard to save and buy TOGETHER.

Glad you are happy in Thailand as well otherwise what reason would there be to stay?

He can own the house but not the land but w e digress

Looking at the photo I think the plant pot has been put there to stop people parking outside there(their) house.

You drive a car not a bus.

If you want to keep the piece(peace), which I feel you should even if you do know the local Bobby, then maybe you should reverse down your road and straight on to your drive.

Job done. :)

If only the Nazis employed potted plants instead of tank traps at Normandy, how different the world would be...

And oh the confusion at the airport that would be caused by a few hundred strategically placed plants... we'd have farangs climbing the fences.

:)

Edited by Heng

...... It's really anoying as now I have to do a ten point turn to get the car in. ....

..... Do you guys have any ideas that I could try?

Yes around a year! ....

Surely after 1 year you should have got it down to at least a 3 point turn. :D

How bad is your driving? :)

Here's an idea - parking lessons.

ask a monk over to bless the pot.

Tell them your wife keeps seeing bad ghosts that go from the pot to the two ladies house.

Make sure the two old ladies see & hear it all.

The ladies will get rid of the pot lickety split. :)

I actually drive faster in reverse than I do in a forward gear! :D Its easier, must come from all of those years driving government vehicles.

Seriously, scrap that shitty honda of urs and trade it in on something real nice like a 1973 Cressida or something, reverse down the soi and crash and bang into as many things as you can, in no time at all the neighbours will clear the soi in fear of your arrival :) ....ohh and naturally one of the first things you will embed into the rear of the Cressida is that faaaarking pot! dam_n, if I had one of my ole govt vehicles here in LOS, I would do the job for you :D

ask a monk over to bless the pot.

Tell them your wife keeps seeing bad ghosts that go from the pot to the two ladies house.

Make sure the two old ladies see & hear it all.

The ladies will get rid of the pot lickety split. :D

Or, move the pot down the other end of the Soi, take a dump in it and leave it there, whos gonna want to go near the pot when its got a massive steaming poo in it :D

ps: You may need to take a weekly dump in it to keep the offensive smell fresh :)

How about a ceremonial "Pot Moving Party" at Onnut's house ?

With the interest being shown in this thread you're guaranteed of at least 500 farangs turning up for the momentous event. The little biddies will think they're being invaded.

Make sure the pot is the centre of attention during the party. Make up some farang cultural or religious significance.

I'd be very surprised if it didn't mysteriously disappear of its own accord shortly thereafter, never to return.