Beware Ttt Unlimited Package Is Very Limited

cmjc

I'm on dial up in North Tld, and was so impressed with TTT's T-Net N-Joy 50 hour package, I next bought the T-Net N-Rich package which claims to be one month UNlimited use for 335 baht.

On both my Win 98 and Linux Mdk 'puters I get cut off after three hours use, and cannot reconnect using the same computer. Each attempted reconnect costs you a further 3 baht. So you soon rack up the cost per hour. ADSL at 1500+ per month would be a cheaper option, if you have suitable lines.

To carry on working on my site, I have to switch to the other computer and reconnect.

I emailed TTT politely, and they replied saying they had no problems reconnecting on my account using Win XP. When I replied pointing out I'm using Win 98 and Linux, they have simply ignored my emails.

So, Unlimited use for a month, effectively means you have only three hours use, after which you must reconnect using another computer system, or buy Bill's junk...

You have been warned.

tx for your warning,

i use the e-go internet 15 days unlimited on TOT's 1222 line...

it has no limits or anything...in fact at one of the offices at hat yai i use it to connect all day....no disconnections or anything...

I'm on dial up in North Tld, and was so impressed with TTT's T-Net N-Joy 50 hour package, I next bought the T-Net N-Rich package which claims to be one month UNlimited use for 335 baht.

On both my Win 98 and Linux Mdk 'puters I get cut off after three hours use, and cannot reconnect using the same computer. Each attempted reconnect costs you a further 3 baht. So you soon rack up the cost per hour. ADSL at 1500+ per month would be a cheaper option, if you have suitable lines.

To carry on working on my site, I have to switch to the other computer and reconnect.

I emailed TTT politely, and they replied saying they had no problems reconnecting  on my account using Win XP. When I replied pointing out I'm using Win 98 and Linux, they have simply ignored my emails.

So, Unlimited use for a month, effectively means you have only three hours use, after which you must reconnect using another computer system, or buy Bill's junk...

You have been warned.

I don't believe it - there must be something going wrong with your W98 set-up when you get disconnected. I'm on ToT so I don't think I can test it, but I'll give it a try if you like - you can PM me the details and I'll give it a go provided it's a local number.

I presume you have tried re-entering the password and other account details? Maybe even delete the account and re-enter it.

The fact that you can use another computer means that either something is going wrong with your first computer, or TTT logs your IP and refuses another connection - that's the bit I don't believe.

Let us know how you get on.

I emailed TTT politely, and they replied saying they had no problems reconnecting  on my account using Win XP. When I replied pointing out I'm using Win 98 and Linux, they have simply ignored my emails.

You have been warned.

I don't believe it - there must be something going wrong with your W98 set-up when you get disconnected. I'm on ToT so I don't think I can test it, but I'll give it a try if you like - you can PM me the details and I'll give it a go provided it's a local number.

I presume you have tried re-entering the password and other account details? Maybe even delete the account and re-enter it.

The fact that you can use another computer means that either something is going wrong with your first computer, or TTT logs your IP and refuses another connection - that's the bit I don't believe.

Let us know how you get on.

Oh it's true alright.

I was shocked too, after the good service on the N-Joy card.

But their Official reply confirmed that you do get disconnected after sarm chermong, at their end.

Yes it's only for TTT lines so you wouldn't be able to test the account.

And I don't think it's because of the Linux OS.

The same happens when I just connect using the Win 98 can't reconnect it after 3 hours.

Yes, I also tried setting up the account: same thing happened.

One thing I did notice. If you deliberately disconnect, just before your three hours limit, you can sometimes, reconnect within minutes, but usually not.

They are flumoxed at TTT CAT too. That's why they've stopped responding to my very polite emails.

The TTT N-joy package is the better option. No disconnects and so works out cheaper in the long run.

I might try that E-go card next time DD, if it works with TTT lines.

Ta!

Here's the Official proof...

> > > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:22:40 +0700, "icare" <[email protected]> said:

> > > > Dear Colin,

> > > >

> > > > Please note that N-Rich package (335 baht) will

> > > > automatically disconnect every 3 hours whereas N-Joy

> > > > package can connect continuously for 50 hours and/or

> > > > within 5 months since the first activation.Thank you

> > > > to contact us.

> > > >

> > > > Best regards,

> > > >

> > > > iCare No. 2906

> > > > TT&T Internet Call Center

> > > > [email protected]

> > > > Tel : *997 ( Only TT&T Number) 02 -6932100#1997 (for Others Network)

And for those interested in TTT's response to my further plea... still unanswered...

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:47:30 +0700 (GMT), "Prakob Srimai"

<[email protected]> said:

> Hi Colin ,

>

> We have checked in our system and we can reconnect immediately

> after disconnect with windows XP system which no problem.

> I have less experience about linux but found some advice from

> internet you may do following command . And Your mru could be 1500

> not 1514 which i don't know howto change it.

>

> #touch /etc/ppp/options

> # echo asyncmap 0xa0000 >> /etc/ppp/options

>

> Cheer ,

> Prakob.S

To which I replied, (and TTT is ignoring)...

Thank you Prakob,

I have the same problem with my Windows 98 computer as well.

After being disconnected after three hours, I cannot reconnect.

So I either have to wait an hour or two, or switch to my other (Linux)

computer to connect using the n-rich package.

So I don't think the problem is due to my OS, but to how TTT is handling

connections to this area, (Chiang Rai) on the n-rich package.

As I mentioned, when using the n-joy pack, I could always re-connect

immediately using both my Linux and Win platforms at the same Telephone

number.

There's definitely a problem at the TTT end.

Please fix it ASAP.

I appreciate your cooperation in this, Khun.

Colin

Not sure why you are having problems but I am on TT&T using the unlimited 998 number at 335 per month and I reconnect every 3 hours with no probloms at all.

I do however us a D-Link Internet Gateway (with DLink External 56Kbps Modem) this auto dials every time the line is dropped. Also i can browse internet from laptop and desktop at the same time :-)

Mark

Ta BE.

Could well be you're using Win XP: I'm on Win 98/Linux.

You may be wise to monitor your next phone bill for those 'silent reconnects' your Gateway is making. Could well be adding up to more than the cost of an ADSL pipe.

Another reason could be the area you are in.

I suspect the root of it is how the TTT CAT servers are set up in my region. CRai.

I'm posting here to hopefully gee them up and fix their servers to my area.

I've emailed them the url to this thread.

Let's see how they respond.

Knowing CAT, they'll be out to lunch...'til after Songkran

Incidentally, I began posting here an hour ago using the N-Rich connection which ground to a halt after 30 minutes. So I've reconnected using the TTT free 1222 line to finish this post!

So much for their UNlimited false advertising...

I am beginning to think TT&T are more than useless,I have just changed address,and it has taken 3 visits to Carrfour office to simply cancel ADSL on one number and start on another,very frustrating.

I was told again today to go back Monday ,the new number is working fine,but today they told me the old ADSL is still connected.

Sorry for the whine.

It is not that they log your ip address or mac address for the simple reason that you don't have them on a dial-up type connection.

The ip address you get from the ISP at the moment you connect, it probably is different every time. The mac address is an ethernet interface card address. It is used on the lowest level to address data packets send over a network. It might be possible you have a "virtual" MAC addres. I am not knowledgable enough to say that that is absolutely not the case, i give it a 75% probability you don't have a mac address.

You do however have an telephone number that can be registered.

But that doesn't give any hints why it is working with one OS and not the other. Very strange indeed.

Are you constantly downloading, maybe they monitor traffic and don't allow you to reconnect for a while to save very valuable bandwith?

I am curious what the reason is.

good luck.

Khun Jean: Please read Message No. 6

On this *UNlimited package* TTT cut off every user after just three hours, whatever their OS.

The user then has to reconnect, and TTT's software refuses to reconnect Win98 and Linux OS immediately, so racking up the cost to the end user at 3 baht each attempted (and failed) re-connect.

I'm not suggesting this is delberate profiteering; merely TTT and CAT (Their partners) incompetance.

They have been informed of this thread.

Let's see if they do anything to address this blatant false advertising.

Their T-Net N-Rich package has no mention (in English) of this being cut off after 3 hours.

I only found out when I emailed them. See Mssg 6.

Colin

PS. I'm not using a Mac, never had one, though the new Mini Mac looks tasty.

Khun Jean: Please read Message No. 6

On this *UNlimited package* TTT cut off every user after just three hours, whatever their OS.

The user then has to reconnect, and TTT's software refuses to reconnect Win98 and Linux OS immediately, so racking up the cost to the end user at 3 baht each attempted (and failed) re-connect.

I'm not suggesting this is delberate profiteering; merely TTT and CAT (Their partners) incompetance.

They have been informed of this thread.

Let's see if they do anything to address this blatant false advertising.

Their T-Net N-Rich package has no mention (in English) of this being cut off after 3 hours.

I only found out when I emailed them. See Mssg 6.

Colin

PS. I'm not using a Mac, never had one, though the new Mini Mac looks tasty.

hey...

if any of the advertisements didnt mention 3 hour disconnections or u feal the adds mislead u, u can lodge a complaint at consumer protection department or something...they will force ttt to atleasr change the adds...

TTT Page

It states clearly that it will be cutoff after 3 hours (ไม่จำกัดชั่วโมงการใช้งาน แต่จะตัดการใช้งานทุก 3 ชั่วโมง) ....

Don't blame TTT for you not able to read Thai ..... :o

This practice is normal for unlimited packages. Why?

1 - The phone lines are heavily occupied. Especially at night it's sometimes very difficult to get through. By cutting off the lines after three hours, other users also have a chance to log on (compare 1222)

2 - Maybe the ISPs and telephone providers don't make a lot on these 'unlimited packages' (I connected for about 16 hours a day). But of course the 3 baht every three hours makes a nice side line income for TOT/TTT and True.

Just as a comparison, the Pacific Internet package that I use on a ToT line (X-treme 1222, unlimited downloads, 349 baht/30 days) used to cut me off after 3 hours, but I could always reconnect immediately (provided the cut-off was due to the 3 hour limit being reached, and not because of lightning or other problems).

But then I noticed labour 6 months ago that I had been on for 4 or 5 hours one day, and I discovered that this package no longer cuts you off. So I've been on for more than 24 hours at times - usually while downloading MP3 files overnight.

So I have every sympathy with you guys and whenever I look around for a new place to rent, I always check whether they have a ToT line or not. Even if it's TT&T, I keep looking.

Edit: the packages still say 3 hours session time, but they also say "& TT&T" - although on most packages I find now, the "& TT&T" is blacked out, leaving just "ToT".

Edited by RDN

TTT Page

It states clearly that it will be cutoff after 3 hours (ไม่จำกัดชั่วโมงการใช้งาน แต่จะตัดการใช้งานทุก 3 ชั่วโมง) ....

Don't blame TTT for you not able to read Thai ..... :o

Your annoyance is misplaced.

You are quoting the TTT website. There's no mention of the 3 hour limit at all on the T-Net N-Rich package, in Thai or English. The point of sale. I bought mine in the TTT Office, and even there, nobody mentioned any limitation, but the UNlimited was emphasised.

There is however the word UNlimited in English on the card. If it was written in English that the Unlimited package was limited to 3 hours, I would not even mention it.

This is clearly blatant deceptive advertising.

However, the point of opening this thread was more than that. Users in Chiang Rai on Win98 or Linux cannot even re-connect after three hours.

As I said, this UNlimited package is severly limited, and punters should be aware of this TTT deception.

Colin

Just as a comparison, the Pacific Internet package that I use on a ToT line (X-treme 1222, unlimited downloads, 349 baht/30 days) used to cut me off after 3 hours, but I could always reconnect immediately (provided the cut-off was due to the 3 hour limit being reached, and not because of lightning or other problems).

Edit: the packages still say 3 hours session time, but they also say "& TT&T" - although on most packages I find now, the "& TT&T" is blacked out, leaving just "ToT".

Ta for that RDN. Looks a far better option for people with a TOT line.

Re your edit: My guess is TTT would definitely cut people on this package when using their lines.

That's probably why Pacific have stppped using TTT lines with the pack.

Footnote: I began reading this thread on TTT. 30 minutes after connecting on TTT N-Rich the connection just dried up, and I had to reconnect, not once but twice. That's 9 baht for 31 minutes so far. Simply pathetic.

Ta for that RDN. Looks a far better option for people with a TOT line.

Re your edit: My guess is TTT would definitely cut people on this package when using their lines.

That's probably why Pacific have stopped using TTT lines with the pack.

Footnote: I began reading this thread on TTT. 30 minutes after connecting on TTT N-Rich the connection just dried up, and I had to reconnect, not once but twice. That's 9 baht for 31 minutes so far. Simply pathetic.

That's a good point about TT&T possibly cutting off people after 3 hours. And sorry to hear you're still getting cut off. :o

Here is my package:

xt12223492yp.jpg

The "unlimited" in the middle refers to the downloads - i.e. you can download as much as you want.

At the back of the pack, there's still the "Maximum session time at 3 hours" message, but the "TT&T" on the new packs (right hand side) is usually blacked out:

pacific12227jc.jpg

hey cmjc,

tx a ton for getting the issues with ttt to my attention...

next month ill be getting a direct line at hatyai...i probably wont get ttt now...

TOT with e-go and smart internet works just fine..

hey cmjc,

tx a ton for getting the issues with ttt to my attention...

next month ill be getting a direct line at hatyai...i probably wont get ttt now...

TOT with e-go and smart internet works just fine..

Y'welcome!

TTT are really slack. Just compare their website with pacificnet's.

TTT broken links, crunched scripts, terrible format, Tinglish translation, etc.

PNet: Too many graphics, but at least it works, and you get the gen you need.

I've not tried TOT, but I certainly wouldn't choose TTT for anything in future.

But I suspect a lot of the trouble is with CAT. I've seen firsthand how they operate, (jobs f'the boyz, three hour lunch breaks etc.) and until The Great Leader wrenches the monopoly out of their mits Tld will always lag far behind on IT connection.

Colin

A bit off-topic, but very interesting discussion on TTT vs. ToT. I currently use TTTs unlimited ADSL (with CS) for 1,600 per month. And I have very few complaints about it. They set it up in just 6 days. And it has been very reliable.

Now I'm moving to another house that has a ToT line. The ToT office (Phuket) told me it would take at least 1 month to set up. I've also, in the past, read quite a few nasty things about ToTs ADSL.

I am beginning to think TT&T are more than useless,I have just changed address,and it has taken 3 visits to Carrfour office to simply cancel ADSL on one number and start on another,very frustrating.

I was told again today to go back Monday ,the new number is working fine,but today they told me the old ADSL is still connected.

Sorry for the whine.

The whine is understandable at least to me :o I had the same experience about a month ago when I moved. Went to Carrefour to close my Ji-net ADSL account and eventually had to go to the TT&T Naklua office. They filled out the paperwork but that's in conjunction with phone calls to the Ji-Net office :D

Then I had to return the next day to complete the process because I didn't have my passport with me :D And no ADSL available for at least a month at the new place.

-redwood

I also use the T-Net N-Rich package but in Pattaya & find it to be by far the best value Internet deal I have come across in Thailand. Been online with most of the big ISP's in 3 cities - Chiang Mai, Bangkok & Pattaya - since 1996.

What I like about it is:

1. Immediately being able to connect. In 20 days use I have never once had an engaged tone when trying to connect. This is markedly different from the CSLoxinfo unlimited package where I had regularly had to redial up to 100x.

2. The overall speed is at least consistently 2x better than the CSLoxinfo unlimited package. Frankly for my uses it is fine & has meant I will delay signing up for broadband.

3. The 3 hour cutoff presents no problems & I am automatically re-connected within a minute - thus far always on the first re-dial. The cutoff presumably frees up access hence the ability to connect straight away, if that is the trade off I for one am very happy with it.

I am online usually for up to 15 hours per day - 5 calls at B3 =B15 plus B11 per day to T-Net - B26 a great deal, I would strongly recommend it to anyone with a TT&T line in Pattaya.

Can somone clarify for me this: Does an engaged tone cost 3 baht?

no it doesnt(i assume)....well it shouldnt...

What's a real pisser, is when you dial up and connect, and yet get nothing from the Internet. This happens occasionally with Pacific Internet X-Treme 1222 - maybe for a few hours on a couple of days a month - but not so often that I would change.

I also hear very bad opinions about CSLoxinfo and wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge-pole.

If I had to pay 3 baht for 3 hours, my monthly package - 349 baht - would cost me an additional 270 baht! So there is quite a difference between the cost of a 3-hour session package, and a unlimited session package (like the X-Treme 1222).

I also use the T-Net N-Rich package but in Pattaya & find it to be by far the best value Internet deal I have come across in Thailand. Been online with most of the big ISP's in 3 cities - Chiang Mai, Bangkok & Pattaya - since 1996.

I am online usually for up to 15 hours per day - 5 calls at B3 =B15 plus B11 per day to T-Net - B26 a great deal, I would strongly recommend it to anyone with a TT&T line in Pattaya.

Thank you for your Pattaya report Harry, however I think you'll find the quality of TTT's service declines sharply outside Py and Bkk.

For example from Chiang Rai, using TTT's N-Rich to connect to this board, I was disconnected three times in 15 minutes, apart from the cost in frustration, that's equivalent to a rate of 36 baht per hour.

As I said previously, I had no such problems on the TTT N-Joy pack (which allows continuous connection) using the same kit and telephone line.

Obvious conclusion: The source of the problem is how TTT have their servers set up for this package to my area.

Soution: Wake TTT up and get them to fix it, or switch to a better company.

I hope this thread points others to those companies who do provide, (unlike TTT) 'what it sez on the tin'.

Incidentally, I checked several others in this locality yesterday. Packages for ji-net and ego.co.th all have the TTT opition crossed out of the blurb (like pacificnet, as posted by RDN), but their websites still display the TTT option. So there seems to be uncertainty over their use on TTT lines.

A case of try one and see.

Somebody mentioned about the cost of an engaged tone, which should of course be nil.

But we are not talking about engaged tones here.

When disconnecting the line after 3 hours, you do not get the engaged signal when trying to reconnect to TTT.

You DO get through to their server, but the server refuses to connect to your computer.

You DO have to pay TTT for every attempted reconnect. Just read your modem's error log and you'll see. Or your monthly phone bill if you don't know how to do that. It sure mounts up fast.)

As TTT are very well aware.

Colin

Edited by cmjc

'Why don't I use WinXP?'

That's easy; just try Linux and you'll discover why I only use my Win system as a doorstop.

(I only mentioned Win98, because I connected it up to see if the TTT reconnect problem was due to me using Linux, and it clearly isn't. It's exactly the same whichever OS I use. I suspect the only reason the CAT TTT bods could re-connect using WinXP was because they are in Bkk or NS. If they were here they'd experience the same problem.)

Well, folks: It doesn't look like TTT or CAT are going to turn up here to explain, and apologize, even though they've been informed about this thread.

We all know why eh?

I'll leave y'to it. Posting here has become a tad expensive if you're on TTT in Tld.

Tara...

Colin