Welcome To New Members - 2552/2009

Tywais

well not exactly new to the forum but will be using the forum a lot more as my trips to thailand have now picked up, prime area for travels is suratthani for visit a very old and great friend, mabey I will be able to meet some of the other members during my next visit in december and january. Over the years I have been following meny of the topice and they have been of great assistance. thanks guys and girls.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Guys,

Just found this welcome post while wandering about on the forums.

It's a great site you guys have here with some pricless advise available, very helpful.

Looking forward to reading more and possibly even dropping the odd reply in.

welcome to the forum Able

and thanks for the kind words.

each member makes the forum what it is, so we look forward to reading your views and opinions on the threads of your interest :)

hi.... i'm Azli from Malaysia....

i'm in fever of Thailand since i've met one of my best friend coming form Thailand....

i felt in love to Thailand....

everything from thailand is beautiful....

I LOVE THAILAND MAAK MAAK

Hello,

I have been a user of this site on and off for a few years. I never joined due to not having my own internet connection, because I live in a very remote part of the Kingdom. I used to drive 15 miles to use the internet shop, but now I have purchased an air card that lets me connect ok.. so I feel like I have entered the right century at last. :)

I hope to meet some nice people and if your from the south (Nakhon Si Thammarat) area let me know also as I am about 40k's outside Nakhon.

My wife Jittra and I (Dave) have a palm farm that we have been nurturing over the last few years. We sell the oil for bio diesel.

Ok, well thats me in a nutshell, we live a nice life and we are planning to develop some land soon into a detox retreat (hence my username).

Thanks Thaivisa for the information you have given out as it has helped me a few times over the years.

regards

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Nubee welcome..... I am from the US and have been on the forum since Feb but only lurking.

This is my second post. I have found this forum to be the most informative of several that I subscribe to.

My upcoming trip will be for 10 weeks and my 6th trip to Pattaya since 2004. Always rent an ocean view Condo and find

it significantly more pleasurable than a hotel in MHO. Hooked on LOS and never stay less than 4 weeks at a time.

Looking forward to meeting many of you on my trip.

Ciao...........Roberto

hi all

im new here and signed up after reading some info on how to deal with a refusal of a settlement visa. i live between Edinburgh, Scotland and Chiang Mai. I own and run 2 restaurants here in Edinburgh and have a Fiance and son who is 1 years old.

we have been together for over 5 years, and have never been apart that much. Apart from now, as we were forced to,when her settlement visa was given a refusal. Im now seperated from her and my son and this is why I have been reading this forum. Its very helpful and its nice to meet you all.

regards jay

Well hello everyone.

I've been flicking thru the forums trying to glean information and I'm quite surprised just how negative people are here,it's like if you aren't a dollar millionaire then don't bother coming.....doom and gloom.

Let's hope it's not all like that.

hello everyone

im a 41 year old male from Norway and i love Thailand, the food, and my Thai girlfriend. :)

Phuket is one of my favorite places, but all of Thailand is nice and exiting i think.

Lots of things to do, friendly people, nice weather and great food so dont hesitate to come here.

I visited Bangkok and Pattaya and i was amazed!! :D

Traveled up north and saw the countryside and it was great.

If anyone have any questions or want to know about my trips, feel free to send me a message. :D

regards

Pineapplemania

Edited by Pineapplemania

Hello there. My name's Tom. I'm new to this forum, which I have been reading on and off since I said goodbye to sunny England and came to live here in Bangkok a year ago. Can't believe it's been a year. This forum has helped me at times when the lay of the land has been a tad confusing, but have to say I'm glad to be living in Thailand, and that the positives far outweigh the negatives!

Cheers.

Edited by pinklaopanther

Hi, this is Annie (or Ann-Ann in Chinese) from Singapore.

My job take me to Phuket twice a month on average.

My manager introduce me to this forum to learn more about Thailand and Phuket in particular.

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

gallery_566_203_3434.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2552/2009, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :D hi im not good on computer and wondering how to ask a question about renting out my house in OZ in such a way that my Thai wife receives the money and i retain my full pension --- does that make sense? :) also hoping to hear from anyone who is into landscape painting.

Greetings to all at Thai Visa. Been reading the forum on and off for a couple of years and thought it finally about to time to chip in..

I've been in Thailand for coming up to 8 years now and have lived all over..I started the Thai adventure in Suratthani province where I owned a British style pub which was fairly successful but the lifestyle catches up on you (especially if you like a drink) so I sold up and started a land clearance company with a friend which was excellent fun. It was one of the best Thai experiences I've had to date as being involved in this taught me alot about the country and the language.

After marrying my wife we moved up to the border of Issan, near Khao Yai where I still to this day teach in the local school and my wife has a restaurant and our daughter to keep her occupied.

Edited by TheGangKiew1

welcome all new members to the forum

hope you enjoy your stay and the discussions here :)

cheers

MiG on behalf of moderating and admin team

Hello There

I came to live and work over here in the middle of May, to open an office in the Eastern Seaboard for a large Financial Planning company. I initially chose to live in Jomtien for a bit more sanity and so as not to be faced with so many frustrating 'distractions' during my working day :D

I am settling in well so far, with the help of this and a similar forum and a couple of GREAT pals who already live here :)

Although advice from folks with experience is very valuable, there is also some fun (I hope) in also finding things out for yourself. But so far so good and very much looking forward to spending the foreseeable future in the LOS.

Hope to see you around :D