Any Newcastle United Fans Out There?

It's not on TV anywhere as far as I know...

Quote from nufc.com: TV: No live UK or overseas coverage.

Oh, by the way what was Lee Bowyer doing on sunday?

Incidentally, how did you spend last Sunday? Screaming your lungs out at Cardiff or watching our semi-final on the box? Not our Lee.

Bowyer was watching the marathon runners ambling past Booty's Riverside pub in East London with a bunch of mates, sporting a smile as wide as the Thames.

Later he was spotted ambling down a street in Limehouse while his colleagues were struggling to contain messrs Rooney, Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy.

Great team spirit eh?

Edited by DJ Pat

Newcastle fans get exactly what they deserve which is <deleted> all.

Are you Man Utd "fan" then?

Nope. - Sunderland.

Born and brought up in South Shields.

Supported Sunderland all my life, worked in Newcastle most of my adult life prior to coming over here 4 years ago.

I witnessed first hand what happened in 1996, 1998 and 1990 as well as the play off pitch invasion in 1990 and was attacked and laid into myself by a group of adult Newcastle fans whilst going to my Grans as a fifteen year old for wearing a Sunderland scarf.

I hope everyone involved in the events I've mentioned go to their grave without seeing Newcastle win a f**king thing.

Nope. - Sunderland.

Supported Sunderland all my life, worked in Newcastle most of my adult life prior to coming over here 4 years ago.

I witnessed first hand what happened in 1996, 1998 and 1990 as well as the play off pitch invasion in 1990 and was attacked and laid into myself by a group of adult Newcastle fans whilst going to my Grans as a fifteen year old for wearing a Sunderland scarf.

I hope everyone involved in the events I've mentioned go to their grave without seeing Newcastle win a f**king thing.

It is more than likely they will, but you have to accept that things have often happened the other way round too, I am sure that many Newcasle lads have been given a good kicking by Sunderland fans. That stretch of water called the Tyne does not make one half better or worse than the other. I used to get good kickings as a lad especially by by Millwall fans when I was a lad in the 70's (which was without doubt the worse period for football violence.) I am sorry for the trauma you experienced but nothing will change, one of the reasons we probably dont live in the UK anymore. I lived in a sleepy Oxfordshire town called Witney, but you could gauantee EVERY Friday and Saturday night there would be a big brawl owing to the (are you looking at my bird mate or did you spill my drink mate) scenario. It is unfortunatley built in to many societies culture

Very Very rarely happens out here thoughdoes it? Normally if someone wants you seeing to-you end uo dead, no half way measures, but you really have to DESERVE that IMHO

How ON EARTH diid SOUNESS ever get the job. He was taking Blackburn DOWN then suddenley they SACk the GREAT and world widely famous SIR BOBBY And its been all downhill from there. can you in a MILLION YEARS ever seeing the name SIR Graeme Souness.

He is really F##cking the club up and MUST GO (worse than Gullit in my estimation) in the close season. I would not even want him as READING's manager, maybee Darlington or Hartlepool will have a position, if he is lucky!! He had a lucky spell at Rangers 15 years ago but its been DOWNHILL with skis all the way. tache or no tache!!

Sunderland I know you are a game for a laugh sort of guy so I will recount this story to you which is one of the funniest things I have seen in Football. We (Reading) were playing you at Elm Park about seven years ago. After our first two went in the inevitable "Reid Out' Reid Out' stareted coming out of the massive support you had at the game, when we went 4-0 up one of your cheeky supporters rushed onto the pitch as our keeper was preparing to take a goalkick and slammed the ball into the net and disappeared into the crowd. Redaing Supporters where cheering laughing and crying and the the chants started ringing out 4-1 to the Elm Park Boys- 4-1 to the Elm Park Boys, great comeradre for the rest of the game, I have never witnessed anything like it with Reading Supporters going onto the pitch to shake hands with Sunderland Supporters after the game. Took the sting right out of any potential violence at the end of the game considering Sunderlands Humiliation.

Still today there is no admosity between the two clubs.

A Fantastic sight to witness.

I remember that game! Yes we suffered a right drubbing, though we did beat Reading 4-1 in the return game the following February. What happened to Reading that season? Did they get relegated?

Good win for Reading two weeks ago at Sunderland. Took advantage of Sunderland's failure to make their domination in the first hour count. But that's what footy is all about, sticking the ball in the back of the net.

1995/6 I LOVED watching them and the football they played with the likes of Cole, Ferdinand, Ginola, Hislop etc etc was the most exiting football I have EVER seen.

Woah those were the days mate....Then Shearer arrived and it got bigger!

Keegan's "I'd love it" tirade was priceless....

For me one of the great nights were in 1997 against Croatia Zagreb I think when Tino and ketsbaia were the heroes..

Those were the days indeed:-

1996 Premiership Runners up Newcasle fans riot in the city centre

1998 FA Cup Runners up Newcastle fans riot in the city centre.

1999 FA Cup runners up Newcastle fans riot in the city centre.

I'll bet there are plenty of Newcastel shopkeepers grateful for Manchester United preventing yet another riot next month.

Yes, remember the days well. Skunks smashing up phone boxes. How we laughed! :o

Nope. - Sunderland.

It is more than likely they will, but you have to accept that things have often happened the other way round too, I am sure that many Newcasle lads have been given a good kicking by Sunderland fans. That stretch of water called the Tyne does not make one half better or worse than the other. I used to get good kickings as a lad especially by by Millwall fans when I was a lad in the 70's (which was without doubt the worse period for football violence.) I am sorry for the trauma you experienced but nothing will change, one of the reasons we probably dont live in the UK anymore. I lived in a sleepy Oxfordshire town called Witney, but you could gauantee EVERY Friday and Saturday night there would be a big brawl owing to the (are you looking at my bird mate or did you spill my drink mate) scenario. It is unfortunatley built in to many societies culture

Very Very rarely happens out here thoughdoes it? Normally if someone wants you seeing to-you end uo dead, no half way measures, but you really have to DESERVE that IMHO

No Sunderland fans don't kick. You kick a football. You're supposed to use your fists for fighting ... ask Lee Bowyer! :o