An Appology To All Surin Province Resident & Beyond

Dave the Dude

It now appears likely that someone hacked into the website for farangs in the province of Surin by initially stealing the Admin’s password then crashing the site.

This took Danny in excess of 20 hours to remedy and caused every member problems (of which we are very sorry (Angry) about. In addition to this, a number of threatening e-mails were also received by moderators.

We are currently in touch with the Thai police in BKK(The ICD Dept) who (I am very pleased to say, take this matter very seriously). We stressed to them that we are a non profit-making organization for the benefit of Thailands tourism/ residents. They said that this type of crime is as damaging to Thai industry as DRUGS and harsh sentences will be given out (minimum 10 years was mentioned).

I understand that they are a new ‘Cyber’ unit with plenty of manpower and resources plus they are very confident that an internet ‘pathway’ will be very promptly discovered leading to the Sad <deleted> responsible. Justice will be sweet!

If I were he, I'd be booking by flights away from Swampy ASAP!

SORRY GUYS FOR ALL THE INCONVENIENCE

Dave on behalf of all the staff of Surinfarang.

Edited by Dave the Dude

Excuse me for being blunt 'Dave' but how can you steal someone's "password" if it wasn't left around for someone to steal ? The chance of guessing it is beyond belief. That is, unless the villan is known to the Admin ? I rest my case.

Edited by sinbin

Excuse me for being blunt 'Dave' but how can you steal someone's "password" if it wasn't left around for someone to steal ? The chance of guessing it is beyond belief. That is, unless the villan is known to the Admin ? I rest my case.

Hi Sinbin

No problem mate, as you know I have been known to be (maybe too) Blunt sometimes. :)

All relevent evidence has been passed to the police. Nuff said.

Dave

We are currently in touch with the Thai police in BKK(The ICD Dept) who (I am very pleased to say, take this matter very seriously). We stressed to them that we are a non profit-making organization for the benefit of Thailands tourism/ residents. They said that this type of crime is as damaging to Thai industry as DRUGS and harsh sentences will be given out (minimum 10 years was mentioned).

10 years blimey its not exactly HSBC bank.. just a local forum

Would he be heading for Tel-Aviv?

Martin you appear to be advertising for single Thai women(Google).

Seems like there is something you want to tell us?

2008Bangkok T.I.T. with suprises ever day?

Edited by Dave the Dude

Martin you appear to be advertising for single Thai women(Google).

Seems like there is something you want to tell us?

2008Bangkok T.I.T. with suprises ever day?

sorry i got the wrong endof the stick. i thought the google ad on your op was what the trouble was about. mine changes everytime i log on.

Single Thai WOMEN are welcome to come and see me but don't tell 'her who should be obeyed'

Dave

Sorry missed out an important word

:)

This is an interesting piece about hackers in UK and Thailand.........

http://www.out-law.com/page-1409

Above is an interesting link which shows the UK's current stance on Hacking. Hacking even comes under the Terrorism act 2000, Which means certain Hackers maybe charged in some cases with terrorism and jailed for upto 10 years. The reality though is the offender would most likely be charged with Criminal Damage under the computer misuse act 1990. Either way Hacking these days is taken seriously throughout the International community and for most offenders the proverbial ''Net'' is closing in, The age old myth that surfers have an invisibilty and immunity to wrongdoings that they may commit has been blown out of the water in years gone by and the cliche ''Big brother Is watching you'' couldn't be more true. It was only a matter of time before the Thais followed suit.

Well known for their Draconian law's the Thai's initiated the computer crime act In 2007,

The penalties are severe as we all know, A day in nick over here would be a mental and physical struggle for most.

An unofficial translation of Thailands Computer crime act is as follows:

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/117

Edited by Dave the Dude

If it's who i think it is, then yes.

My turn to aologise now. The reference to Tel-Aviv was pointed at an Israeli man that caused a bit of a fracas a few weeks ago, and promised to get even. It wasn't even in the pub. It was not the well known Israeli gentleman that runs Buriram.

Just a thought....

There is a type of hack called 'S** I********'. If the site uses a database for usernames and passwords, and was written a while ago or by someone not familiar with this type of attack, it is pretty easy to break in with a user name but not knowing the password. I know, not because I am a hacker, but because I have created database driven web-sites.

You can google it (on second thoughts, I censored the name) or PM me if you want more details.

I hate this kind of vandalism, costs hours to put right.... :)

Cheers,

Mike

Just a thought....

There is a type of hack called 'S** I********'. If the site uses a database for usernames and passwords, and was written a while ago or by someone not familiar with this type of attack, it is pretty easy to break in with a user name but not knowing the password. I know, not because I am a hacker, but because I have created database driven web-sites.

You can google it (on second thoughts, I censored the name) or PM me if you want more details.

I hate this kind of vandalism, costs hours to put right.... :)

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike for the information, These people ( I am being polite now) are not stupid and are very devious. Even IF we suspected someone, this is not the place to advertise it.

Anyways right now, it is time to let the proffesionals investigate and hopefully the audit trail will result in an arrest.

Funny all this on a week when Big Trouble In Thailand UK TV program featured expats rotting in prison!

Dave

Single Thai WOMEN are welcome to come and see me but don't tell 'her who should be obeyed'

Dave

Sorry missed out an important word

This is an interesting piece about hackers in UK and Thailand.........

http://www.out-law.com/page-1409

Above is an interesting link which shows the UK's current stance on Hacking. Hacking even comes under the Terrorism act 2000, Which means certain Hackers maybe charged in some cases with terrorism and jailed for upto 10 years. The reality though is the offender would most likely be charged with Criminal Damage under the computer misuse act 1990. Either way Hacking these days is taken seriously throughout the International community and for most offenders the proverbial ''Net'' is closing in, The age old myth that surfers have an invisibilty and immunity to wrongdoings that they may commit has been blown out of the water in years gone by and the cliche ''Big brother Is watching you'' couldn't be more true. It was only a matter of time before the Thais followed suit.

Well known for their Draconian law's the Thai's initiated the computer crime act In 2007,

The penalties are severe as we all know, A day in nick over here would be a mental and physical struggle for most.

An unofficial translation of Thailands Computer crime act is as follows:

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/117

As nice as this sounds, it isn't actually as true as its made out to be. As cyber crime units around the world get better at tracking, so the hacker community find better ways to over their tracks. With onion servers and IP removers and hidden proxies, it can become virtually impossible to track backwards. Simple Injection attacks are usually down to poor programming (not using stored procedures for example).

Having said that, most hackers are not distructive - and most people never knew they were there! Site vandals (unless sites such as fur trade/KKK/etc which are actively targetted by other 'groups' of activist) are usually script-kiddies that know very little and work from online 'how to' docs and downloaded code/apps (NMap etc). I hate site vandals that attack just for the h3ll of it - they cause often cause irreparable damage to decent information sites, and sometimes the site owner, who has given up their time out of a labour of love, get demoralised and it spells the end to pretty good sites.

If its one of these, I lay odds it is, then you may be lucky and depending how good the manual they are using is, they may be using old technique that are traceable. Hope the BiB are good at their job though, I'm not saying they aren't, I just have not heard of anyone being caught by traking in this country as yet

As nice as this sounds, it isn't actually as true as its made out to be. As cyber crime units around the world get better at tracking, so the hacker community find better ways to over their tracks. With onion servers and IP removers and hidden proxies, it can become virtually impossible to track backwards. Simple Injection attacks are usually down to poor programming (not using stored procedures for example).

Having said that, most hackers are not distructive - and most people never knew they were there! Site vandals (unless sites such as fur trade/KKK/etc which are actively targetted by other 'groups' of activist) are usually script-kiddies that know very little and work from online 'how to' docs and downloaded code/apps (NMap etc). I hate site vandals that attack just for the h3ll of it - they cause often cause irreparable damage to decent information sites, and sometimes the site owner, who has given up their time out of a labour of love, get demoralised and it spells the end to pretty good sites.

If its one of these, I lay odds it is, then you may be lucky and depending how good the manual they are using is, they may be using old technique that are traceable. Hope the BiB are good at their job though, I'm not saying they aren't, I just have not heard of anyone being caught by traking in this country as yet

Good post 'wolf3570'. I have a problem with my computer in that it freezes. Any suggestions ? Other than 'get it fixed'. Serious. Edited by sinbin

The reference to Tel-Aviv was pointed at an Israeli man that caused a bit of a fracas a few weeks ago, and promised to get even

phew... for a minute i thought id had a sex change, transported myself to surin, done something, and then thought, god,!! there's no way i would willingly go towards tel aviv anyhow, so its ovbiously not me....

bina

israel

The reference to Tel-Aviv was pointed at an Israeli man that caused a bit of a fracas a few weeks ago, and promised to get even

phew... for a minute i thought id had a sex change, transported myself to surin, done something, and then thought, god,!! there's no way i would willingly go towards tel aviv anyhow, so its ovbiously not me....

bina

israel

Wouldn't wish that fate on yer, Bina :D:D:D

Dave

Given that the trend of this thread seems to include some self promotion as well as seemingly unproven allegations against others I don't think ThaiVisa is the appropriate place to discuss this.

//CLOSED//