Help! 90 Day Tourist Visa

Sorry, I know this has been already been covered, but I am unable to find answer quickly.

I've just booked flights based on 90-days in Thailand, but realise now that I have to renew on 60th day, making it lst day of next 30 days, meaning that I shall be there 91 days?

It would cost $150 for the extra day as economy fare seats sold out.

Then agent said I could renew for another two months but that's not right is it?

And are they likely to be OK about one day over the 90 max days?

Thanks in advance.

(oooops, wrong section, but don't know how to correct, apologies)

Edited by Petbon

You can apply for the 30 day extension any time during your stay. You do not have to wait until the last day. Fee 1,900 Baht. Your total permission to stay would be 90 days.

If you do overstay by 1 day it is not a big problem. At the airport when departing you would not be fined but would get a small stamp in your passport.

You can apply for the 30 day extension any time during your stay. You do not have to wait until the last day. Fee 1,900 Baht. Your total permission to stay would be 90 days.

If you do overstay by 1 day it is not a big problem. At the airport when departing you would not be fined but would get a small stamp in your passport.

Thanks. Just so I've understood:

During the first 60 days, I apply for a 30 day extension, which won't start until the 61st day there?

If so, that means I will be leaving on the 90th day.

Does the red stamp count as a bad mark if applying for something in the future?

Also, where do I near central Bangkok for the extension?

Best to apply during the last week of your stay. The 30 days will be added to the 60 days you already have. You will need a passport size photo plus the application form. You can download it here TM7 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Immigra...loads-cat6.html

Information on the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office can be found here. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...amp;t=h&z=6

Remember under Thai immigration rules the day or arrival counts as Day 1, not the following day, so hope you've got your maths right. The overstay stamp is a small blue stamp with Thai writing, so most of the rest of the world won't understand it anyway. It does not prevent you from re-entering the country or obtaining another visa.

Edited by thaiphoon