400k Or 40k

For several years now I've deposited 400K in my Thai bank account 3 months prior to my application as per my non immigration O visa (Thai wife) How many months prior would I have to deposit 40K per month prior the to my application if I took that option.

If you took that option you would need a letter from your Embassy verifying your income.

If the income was from inside Thailand you would need income tax receipts and a Work Permit.

thanks for your reply lite beer, I'm aware of the requirements that you mentioned but my point is how many months would I need to transfer 40K per month from overseas prior to my application.

There is no requirement to actually deposit the money in your bank.

Only proof of income is needed.

I receive AU$2,500 currently around 75,000 baht paid into my Australian bank account every month. If I were to go to the Australian Embassy and show my income statement and sign a statutory declaraction would this be enough to satisfy the Thai immigration.

If from US/Canada/Australia you just swear an Affidavit of your income and the embassy issues you with an income letter for immigration. Be aware that there have been some reports of immigration asking for sight of 'proof' as part of the extension of stay process as they know these embassies actually see no paperwork.

Embassies of other countries tend to require sight of documents to substantiate your income before issuing income letter. That would normally be contract of employment and bank statements showing incoming salary receipts. How much paperwork you have to produce, and how far back, is down to the embassy.

Edited by thaiphoon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

This is about what Mason45 mentioned earlier : "For several years now I've deposited 400K in my Thai bank account 3 months prior to my application as per my non immigration O visa (Thai wife)".

Here's my question: Am I correct to assume this means that the 400K can indeed be used (e.g. for living purposes) during the 9 months from the time the visa was issued and that Immigration authorities will not be holding this against you when looking into the bankbook next year?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

The 400k minimum bank balance required for extension of stay based on marriage can we used for living expenses after the extension is granted. But 400k+ must be back in the bank for the 3 month period leading up to renewal of the extension of stay.

I think you will find it isn't quite as simple as how much money you have in the bank!

The 400k minimum bank balance required for extension of stay based on marriage can we used for living expenses after the extension is granted. But 400k+ must be back in the bank for the 3 month period leading up to renewal of the extension of stay.

I think you will find it isn't quite as simple as how much money you have in the bank!

My response was in reply to the posters specific question here:

Here's my question: Am I correct to assume this means that the 400K can indeed be used (e.g. for living purposes) during the 9 months from the time the visa was issued and that Immigration authorities will not be holding this against you when looking into the bankbook next year?

Thanks Thaiphoon,

I realize that there are several other hoops to jump through, you are correct, I was only concerned about the 400k/3mth thing. I prefer to bring in only as much as is necessary, as my money can profit at a better rate outside Thailand.

Thanks once more

D

I am more and more confused about this Non-imm O based on marriage visa.

I understand one need to have 400k in a Thai bank 2 (or is it 3?) months prior to application for 1 year EXTENSION, but does one also need the 400k in a Thai bank when applying the FIRST time for the visa? I only get 90 days, but OK.

The info on the TV portal page is not clear to me. I know this must have been asked many times, but I cannot find it when searching.

What I know I need on application for Non-Imm O (Marriage):

-form TM7

-photo 4cmx6cm

-copy of my passport

-copy of wife's passport

-copy of marriage certificate and registration in Thai. No probs, got married at Bangrak

-fee, obviously

-Letter from wife requesting the consulate, in this case Amsterdam, to issue the visa.

What else?

Every time I search for the requirements upon application I only get babble about what you need to do the extension.

1. What do you have now? A visa exempt 30 day entry (with more than 21 days remaining)? A tourist visa 60 day entry (with more than 21 days remaining? or a non immigrant O visa 90 day entry?

2. You must have a non immigrant entry to apply for one year extension of stay. If you have the financials (400k in bank two months first application) you can then apply for the one year extension of stay (with wife and normal paperwork).

3. If you do not yet have the required non immigrant entry but have the money available and more than 21 days remaining you can apply for change, using TM86 or 87 at a cost of 2,000 baht and later (when less than 30 days remain and money in account 2 months) apply for extension of stay using TM.7 and 1,900 baht,

4. If money not yet in account you should be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa from a Consulate using marriage paperwork and wife ID documents. You do not need TM.7 for visa - you use the form that Consulate provides.

1. What do you have now? A visa exempt 30 day entry (with more than 21 days remaining)? A tourist visa 60 day entry (with more than 21 days remaining? or a non immigrant O visa 90 day entry?

2. You must have a non immigrant entry to apply for one year extension of stay. If you have the financials (400k in bank two months first application) you can then apply for the one year extension of stay (with wife and normal paperwork).

3. If you do not yet have the required non immigrant entry but have the money available and more than 21 days remaining you can apply for change, using TM86 or 87 at a cost of 2,000 baht and later (when less than 30 days remain and money in account 2 months) apply for extension of stay using TM.7 and 1,900 baht,

4. If money not yet in account you should be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa from a Consulate using marriage paperwork and wife ID documents. You do not need TM.7 for visa - you use the form that Consulate provides.

Hi lopburi,

I do not have any visa or extension of stay (or WP) any more. I am not in Thailand right now.

I am considering to apply for the non-imm O based on marriage in the coming months. The rules for extension of stay 12 months are clear. Its just applying for the visa.

I do have a Thai bank account. No 400k in it at this time. I would apply for the visa in the Netherlands.

You follow the instructions of the Consulate you use. In most cases you can get either a single entry or multi entry valid for a year of 90 day stays. If you plan to extend the single entry is all you need. The documents you listed minus TM.7 should probably be all you need. Consulates in the immediate area of Thailand sometimes want to see a bank account if you want more than the single entry but don't believe that would be an issue in Europe when you have marriage paperwork and id's.

You follow the instructions of the Consulate you use. In most cases you can get either a single entry or multi entry valid for a year of 90 day stays. If you plan to extend the single entry is all you need. The documents you listed minus TM.7 should probably be all you need. Consulates in the immediate area of Thailand sometimes want to see a bank account if you want more than the single entry but don't believe that would be an issue in Europe when you have marriage paperwork and id's.

Thanks lopburi.