Pattya People Tv Special

snoophound

Just watched the TV special on the Girl in bag murder case.

What a piece!!!!

Lots of gory pics of flyblown corpse and the Murderer explaning how it happened.

Talk about reality TV!!!!

VERY LITTLE OF JOURNALISTIC MERIT....that said I half felt for the guy.

How many of you Vets have ended up in a loom with a raving nutter???

No background given on the murderer at all.

Great advertising for Sawasdee court room 501 prob wont exist from now on!!

Talk about crappy journalism.

As an aside one really dumb thing both the pattaya channels do is air ads with no english addresses....I must have watched 20 or so how dumb can they and their advertisers get ???.

Watched the piece earlier in the day.....IMO....the guys making it all up to try to wriggle out of a murder charge.

He reckons she picked him up on beach road and he offered her 1000 baht to go back to his room just to talk :o

She goes for a shower and he decides to join her, says he accidently caught her with the bathroom door and it all escalated (sp?) from there.

Edited by thaiflyer1

I saw it.. and absolute crap you can always walk away..

One thing tho why is it that colon got the exclusive, how far is his head stuck up the B.I.B's butt, he was even on the re enactment.

The sooner both these crap news stations get shut down the better.

Still a few things puzzling me: Why nobody has identified the victim, and how exactly did he persuade the sonthaew driver to assist him with a body in a bag and how did he get someone to help him dump it over the wall?

It seems strange that in Pattaya some other girl didn't recognise this heavily tattooed lady.

And he is out on bail, on the steets of Pattaya!

Still a few things puzzling me: Why nobody has identified the victim

My guess is he disposed of her i.d etc before dumping the body.

Considering she was working the beach road, i dont find it suprising she hasnt been missed by anyone.............some strange girls work beach road. :o

Edit...just to add in all fairness there are some pretty peculiar farangs lurk about beach road as well.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Pissing down with rain here and that prog is on endless rerun....I am trapped in an internet cafe in jomtien with water rising steadily over the door!!!

Still rain is good news

I wonder about this guys background ???

Anyone seen any info ...criminal record etc,on the run in home country etc?

Its a shame the programme didnt give some deeper info.

Still a few things puzzling me: Why nobody has identified the victim

My guess is he disposed of her i.d etc before dumping the body.

Considering she was working the beach road, i dont find it suprising she hasnt been missed by anyone.............some strange girls work beach road. :o

I like the idea there is a local news station, but their stories always seem to be the same... some farang murder, suicide or death, motorbike fatalities, bar-girl incidents and this month's police chief getting sworn in. They seem to focus on mostly negative stuff -- which to their credit is very much like any other news show.

My roommate and I watch these news programs occasionally, mostly to laugh and the poor production quality.

The "Girl in Bag" story could have been put together in a much better way... they could start by moving that cardboard box out of the background and not centering the person being interviewed in the frame. Then choose a darker background in a darker studio (or whatever), and light up the face, and don't show anything below the chest. Flouressant lights wreak havoc on video. The whole thing reminded me of an Al-Queda tape.

These are just my opinions, however :o

As for this poor Swede, I don't know what to think.

Hobgoblin (Earnie or Bert) I don't remember (Sesame Street) that well.

Why is the Swede a 'poor Swede' He killed the woman with his bare hands, rather like the opening scenes in 'Wild at Heart' and then dumped the body; out of cowardice.

Surely, he should (have) been man enough to report the matter to the police.

I could see from the 'interview' that he was not telling the whole truth. I have seen confessions of serial killers/killers and when they relate the true story it is obvious.

Earlier posts, suggest disgust at this news item on T.V. I disagree, it is interesting and honest.

Murder is foul, but an insight into the reasons why men/women murder fellow human beings is absoulutely essential.

Censorship of unpleasant, factual events can often be described as 'sensationalist and melodramatic' but at the end of the day, there will be very few people who are not genuinely 'moved' by this footage.

I wonder 'what went wrong'; it is ironic that she was described by the killer as a fortune teller. There were parts of the interview when I could see clearly he was being truthful, then seconds later he was confabulating the true event(s).

I know little about this man (killer) but it is clear that he has psycholgical problems. He opened the interview, stating that he walked a particular route every day, even describing in detail the banalities. He emphasized the importance of inanimate objects constantly. I suspect this man has severe mental problems.

It is a case so complicated, so facinating... I wish ther were more facts.

Wilson Steer.

What a piece!!!!

Lots of gory pics of flyblown corpse and the Murderer explaning how it happened.

As an aside one really dumb thing both the pattaya channels do is air ads with no english addresses....I must have watched 20 or so how dumb can they and their advertisers get ???.

I like the idea there is a local news station, but their stories always seem to be the same... some farang murder, suicide or death, motorbike fatalities, bar-girl incidents and this month's police chief getting sworn in. They seem to focus on mostly negative stuff -- which to their credit is very much like any other news show.

My roommate and I watch these news programs occasionally, mostly to laugh and the poor production quality.

The "Girl in Bag" story could have been put together in a much better way... they could start by moving that cardboard box out of the background and not centering the person being interviewed in the frame. Then choose a darker background in a darker studio (or whatever), and light up the face, and don't show anything below the chest. Flouressant lights wreak havoc on video. The whole thing reminded me of an Al-Queda tape.

Bad journalism?? This was a great "scoop" "Confession On-The-Air" --This is the "cutting-edge" of TV today---REALITY TV!!! This is what makes Multi-Millionaires of all those Reality TV producers!! This is what many people watch on UBC-XYTE Channel...Real Stuff...Real Horror!!!

This "Killer" segment was produced and edited VERY professionally. I should know--I have been in this business for over 30 years. I wish I had an OJ or JACKO confession like this one...Pulitzer Prize...Guaranteed!!!

Don't like local TV? I think all the programs (no matter how amerturish) provide the Pattaya community with INFORMATION.

Laugh if you want...but remember.....You live in Thailand...better to be informed about what is happening than to be a victim of our own ignorance!

What do I mean by this? Information about what you can or cannot do will keep you out of Thai prisons and off the Blacklist---and it is so EASY to wind up in BOTH!!

Thats all it was

A confession on air.

Wheres the background???

Part2???

What a piece!!!!

Bad journalism?? This was a great "scoop" "Confession On-The-Air" --This is the "cutting-edge" of TV today---REALITY TV!!! This is what makes Multi-Millionaires of all those Reality TV producers!! This is what many people watch on UBC-XYTE Channel...Real Stuff...Real Horror!!!

This "Killer" segment was produced and edited VERY professionally. I should know--I have been in this business for over 30 years. I wish I had an OJ or JACKO confession like this one...Pulitzer Prize...Guaranteed!!!

Don't like local TV? I think all the programs (no matter how amerturish) provide the Pattaya community with INFORMATION.

Laugh if you want...but remember.....You live in Thailand...better to be informed about what is happening than to be a victim of our own ignorance!

What do I mean by this? Information about what you can or cannot do will keep you out of Thai prisons and off the Blacklist---and it is so EASY to wind up in BOTH!!

Well, if anyone needs to watch the news to find out it's not advisable to kill a girl and dump her garbage-bag-wrapped body in the woods, perhaps there are more important things to do than travel.

What do I mean by this?  Information about what you can or cannot do will keep you out of Thai prisons and off the Blacklist---and it is so EASY to wind up in BOTH!!

Actually, it's far easier to stay OFF both. Just don't do stupid shit to draw attention to yourself :o

-H

Hobgoblin (Earnie or Bert) I don't remember (Sesame Street) that well.

Beaker from the Muppets. Poor, unfortunate apprentice to Dr. Bunson Honeydew.

Why is the Swede a 'poor Swede' He killed the woman with his bare hands, rather like the opening scenes in 'Wild at Heart' and then dumped the body; out of cowardice.

Well, perhaps, "poor" was a poor choice of words. Indeed, I don't feel remorse for this man... I just think it's unfortunate that this whole thing had to happen -- but then again, a LOT of twisted people visit (and live) here, and these kind of happenings will occur over and over as long as Pattaya is an adult's playground.

I can't figure out for the life of my WHY he was released on bail.

Poor may be the correct word. He's lacking in character and conscious. He's a poor excuss. Why blame the setting? Many people come to Pattaya w/o commiting murder. Other people didn't commit the crime. He did. He carries his horrible little world with him. I guess you could blame the law for letting him run around at present.

Edited by aughie

What a piece!!!!

Just watched this exclusive 'testimony' again on the Pattaya News Channel. Something is still puzzling me here;

The killer 'Carl Kenneth Erikkson' clearly says twice that he put the body in two bags. I conclude therefore that he dismembered the body.

Yet there was no talk during the testimony of dismembering, although he did mention 'cleaning' up Room 501.

Any ideas?

Seems to me he was just imitating the grocery stores when they bag up your 8 bottles of large Chang, they double bag it. He just had the hotels reputation in mind, can you imagine the embarressment of leaking blood all over the lobby floor.

My girlfriend overheard (last night) in a local eatery that the staff of the Siam Sawadee Court were informed by a fellow resident that foul play was at work in room 501 yet they chose to ignore the falangs report.

The falang said to a maid allegedley: (sic) 'Someone is being killed in there, it will be on Pattaya News in three days'. {It was on in two}

Then another falang (German) witnessed the bag dragging episode and informed reception. A Baht bus was summoned (I won't say the number). And he dumped the body.

I reckon that there are loads of witnesses to the whole event(s) yet they don't want to get involved. Including Driver and partner in the Baht Bus.

W.S.

I feel sure that in any typical murder situation amongst any nationalities they would all be telling each other of the number or license plate of the taxi driver concerned who gave the body and murderer a lift, I can see it now,

Lek says to Noi," yes it was that evil Somchai who drives taxi 701".

Noi states in disbelief," No, Somchai now carries dead bodies in his taxi".

lek," yep he sure does".

Noi,"did he charge the body 5baht?"

Lek," Nope he stiffed the farang for 200baht".

Noi," those farangs huh, just cant beat erm can you."