Gsx-r 750 Late 1990s?

lennya12threh

Blimey lenny you do like getting your self into trouble don't you. My advice, unless you can work on the this bike yourself or you have a fantastic big bike mechanic who knows older Suzuki's (very, very rare in Thailand). Do not even think about this bike. Any specimen of this bike will have been raced hard and bodged even harder.

Allan

Always look as hard on the owner as on the bike.

If the engine gets revved while it is cold, I would run, not walk!

Is the owner the kind of guy who would get it serviced properly?

Do your homework - what are a GSX-R's weak points?

It comes with plates and green book? I saw some VTR-1000s recently, also nice bikes.

I prefer the sound and power delivery of a V-twin!

Chris

It comes with plates and green book? I saw some VTR-1000s recently, also nice bikes.

Chris

Actually I saw some vtrs1000 as well.

I just still remember that 750 I saw go for 130,000 baht. Looked good. Sounded good. Saw it worked on before and saw it at the mechanic shop every day when I used to go there with the old vfr.

I have never been to red Barron yet. I know they sell expensive and their service is expensive, but is it not very up to standard?

I tried going there last night but got stuck in 1.5 hour traffic jam, when the drive would normally take 20 minutes, and they closed before I got there...

Or a 2003 R6 just caught my attention. 245k baht with book. Wider power range, more city friendly.

That's exactly the bike I was thinking about when I asked about green books, spooky :) Looks very tidy in the pic

Haha! Dont you dare buy it!

I called and apparently it does come with the book.

It is a good price as well. Other places said they couldn't get one that cheap.

Normally youd get that bike for 250 without the green book. Red Barron should be more trustworthy than mocyc.com too....

Actually I dont think ill take it. My girlfriend doesnt approve of it because buying that one leaves us with too little money for her sense of security.

Chris

ive had several gsxr s over the years and never got a days trouble...they are fairly bullet proof :)

Chris

ive had several gsxr s over the years and never got a days trouble...they are fairly bullet proof :)

You must be the guy thats wants to sell his gsxr to me.... Whats your name? Boris? :D

Thats is good to hear if gsxrs are no trouble, but I doubt it. I think it is your personal experience.

Im thinking it could be more of a hassle driving in bangkok with it, and another 600 or 750 would be better because it would have a wider powerband, THOUGH I should be ok as long as the entire way it accelerates faster than my previous bike, the VFR 400.

BTW******************

Where would I take a 2001 gsxr for servicing or parts that would be decent?

Do I need to give RedBarron 10000 baht for memership in order to get a half asses mechanic in Thailand...