Bbq On Beach In Samui

kuma

The past few visits to Samui I have brought a BBQ so we can set up on the beach and have a few beer and some food in the evening and relax

Each time we have done that we have been around the BoPhut area on a quiet undeveloped strip of beach, not my first choice but I was not sure if BBQ on the beach is permitted so I stayed away from setting up on Chaweng, Lamai etc.

Any locals know what the deal is?

Can you have your own BBQ on the beach or will you be shut down if you do it on any of the "main" beaches?

Cheers

My Thai neighbours & I do it fairly often, but we usually find quiet beaches usually in Taling Ngam area... or other beaches away from the crowds...

My guess would be don't do it in front of a beach restaurant.... but surely a nice quiet beach would be more enjoyable...?

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks for the replies.

That was my feeling, and indeed it is nicer to find a quieter place.

Will check out the area mentioned, looking forward to kicking back a few weeks on samui.

Years back the tops in chaweng used to have a bbq outside and you could buy your beer and shrimp, fish etc in the store and they would bbq it for free and people of all stripes would sit out and eat.

It was a good time, but the last few years I have not seen it anymore, anyone know if they still do it?

Years back the tops in chaweng used to have a bbq outside and you could buy your beer and shrimp, fish etc in the store and they would bbq it for free and people of all stripes would sit out and eat.

It was a good time, but the last few years I have not seen it anymore, anyone know if they still do it?

Last time I was there they had a couple of plastic chairs and a moth eaten umbrella and a rather nice car park.

But no sign of a free BBQ I am afraid. :)