High Season ?

Dhali

Just wondering what people think regards the high season ! this is the message from the mayor in Pattaya News ....

" Halloween is just the beginning of a very High “High Season” which is expected to last for 6 months, according to the Mayor of Pattaya."

Just wondering what people think regards the high season ! this is the message from the mayor in Pattaya News ....

" Halloween is just the beginning of a very High “High Season” which is expected to last for 6 months, according to the Mayor of Pattaya."

He's a policitician. What do you expect him to say?

" Halloween is just the beginning of a very High "High Season" which is expected to last for 6 months, according to the Mayor of Pattaya."

At the moment, I'd say he's dreaming. I presume he's thinking of the upmarket tourists, and not mongers.

Bars with for sale signs and NO customers.

Central Festival with only food shops busy and dozens of clothes shops devoid of customers.

The Avenue, where only the night market is doing business. Great place to go to the movies- have a whole cinema to yourself!

Most hotels only a few guests.

All those Chinese tour buses half full, if that.

Considering that he doesn't seem to have spent ANY money on maintenance since elected, and Pattaya is slowly disintegrating, he's only himself to blame. I can't imagine any "upmarket" tourist going home and telling all their friends to visit Pattaya- just the reverse.

Has he been at the herbal baccy again?

I did notice a visible increase in tourists between my visits of July-August and then October but it'll take a massive upswing to return to anything like a real high season.

Last year I posted that Loi Khratong was the quietest I had ever seen.

This year it was even more dead :)

Drove into town at about 20:00 and virtually no traffic!

What part of town were you in? Certainly wasn't Beach Rd. That was pretty solid traffic till midnight, when I went to bed. Walking St. was booming, the beach was full of people. Certainly wasn't "dead".

" Halloween is just the beginning of a very High "High Season" which is expected to last for 6 months, according to the Mayor of Pattaya."

This is what, and last how long?? :):D:D:D

This is what, and last how long?? :):D:D:D

ITS GONE BE BETTER I ARRIVE ON 11/11/2009 SO ONE MORE TOURIST

I dont see how its going to be busier , all airlines have cut there output to bangkok from europe by 50% there are simply not enough flights for people to travel on hence rediculous flight prices, i travel back and forth to the uk frequently and lately the flights are just not available on the same scope as say 12 months ago.

Perhaps people will walk :)

People won't forget last year, when there was an airport take-over by yellow-shirts.

I expect Pattaya to be busy at Christmas, but for a shorter period of time, before it was early December right through to the end of January, this year it will probably be just Dec 15-Jan 15.....

I dont see how its going to be busier , all airlines have cut there output to bangkok from europe by 50% there are simply not enough flights for people to travel on hence rediculous flight prices, i travel back and forth to the uk frequently and lately the flights are just not available on the same scope as say 12 months ago.

Perhaps people will walk :)

It's so common for people on this forum to rate the tourism here by how many Brits arrive forgetting that tourists to Pattaya are very diverse. UK tourists are only a small percentage of the total tourists who visit Pattaya.

For example, Australians are coming back in big numbers because of the much improved exchange rate and Middle Eastern and Indian tourists have risen in number. The number of Chinese seems to be increasing too. All we need is more Russians and we'll be having a cracker high season.

The number of bums on seats in beer bars and gogo bars does not fully indicate what is going on. A lot of tourists don't go there.

but i see on some leading booking websites, despite the low numbers, it's not stopping hoteliers from jacking up the prices for December onwards, 2500-3500k a night for a 3 star?

Why not? People expect to pay more in December, and how can they predict how business is going to be in 2 months from now.

but i see on some leading booking websites, despite the low numbers, it's not stopping hoteliers from jacking up the prices for December onwards, 2500-3500k a night for a 3 star?

Why not? People expect to pay more in December, and how can they predict how business is going to be in 2 months from now.

People don't expect to pay more in December if the hotels are empty, only wishful thinking hotels hold this belief. How can they predict business two months from now - forward bookings perhaps?

Not many long haul tourists to Pattaya I imagine will wake up this morning and say, let's take the family to Pattaya this weekend - the planning process is much longer.

For the record, I am not talking about prices for new years or xmas. These are rates that are jacked up on Dec 1 for some high season everyone talks about.

But hey, no point in arguing, better to have an empty hotel with no revenue coming in (including f and b, spas and other services) and stick to the over-inflated asking prices. Would rather stay home than come spend outrageous money for a 3* in Pattaya. By all accounts, I am not the only one.

But hey, no point in arguing, better to have an empty hotel with no revenue coming in (including f and b, spas and other services) and stick to the over-inflated asking prices. Would rather stay home than come spend outrageous money for a 3* in Pattaya. By all accounts, I am not the only one.

That's ridiculous. There's plenty of good value accommodation in Pattaya, even at high season prices. Not that I'll be missing you at all. I prefer it quieter in Pattaya anyway.

That's ridiculous. There's plenty of good value accommodation in Pattaya, even at high season prices. Not that I'll be missing you at all. I prefer it quieter in Pattaya anyway.

And no doubt you'll be first in the line to complain that the hotels and restaurants are empty. Interestingly, I also notice that many a property charge more for locals. Nothing like adding incentives for weekend getaways to fill up the rooms. :)

Exactly

With Thaksin in Cambodia now, Thailand is due for something totally stupid, just at the right time, to scare off more tourists. Violent protests, burning down an Embassy, war with Cambodia... oh yes, the time is now for them to rise up and totally out-do themselves.

You can always count on the wrong move to be made here, but they need to hurry before "high season" really gets cooking.