Overstay For 2 Year Old On Uk Passport

macduff

We intend to stay in Thailand for just over 2 months.I will of course be getting a O immigrant multi entry visa while my wife holds duel citizenship.Our son has a UK passport only.What would the implications be if i dont get an extention on his passport.We intend to leave thailand for lao for a day also.

Children under 15 don't get fined for overstay.

Since your wife is Thai, your child is also Thai (and British). Why not get a Thai passport for him. Just apply for a Thai birth certificate at the embassy in London (if born in the UK) and at the same time apply for a Thai passport. The whole process should take about 3 weeks.

A Thai passport for him would be the sensible option,but as we live in Manchester and the Thai Embassy is in London it's not economic to go through that process unless we visit London for a few days which can be expensive and i think unnecessary at his early age.As there are no fines involved.I think it would be cheaper to get a O immigrant visa in his passport.

Based on your Thai wife you will have no problem obtaining a non-O visa, giving you 90 days. You can even contact the consulate in Hull for a multiple entry if you need more than 90 days.

As Mario2008 says - easy option. Then when you are in Thailand, get a Thai passport for your son for next time. Only THB 1,000. Don't forget though to use the same passport to exit as you do to enter, otherwise can cause some unwanted admin hassles.

Based on your Thai wife you will have no problem obtaining a non-O visa, giving you 90 days. You can even contact the consulate in Hull for a multiple entry if you need more than 90 days.

As Mario2008 says - easy option. Then when you are in Thailand, get a Thai passport for your son for next time. Only THB 1,000. Don't forget though to use the same passport to exit as you do to enter, otherwise can cause some unwanted admin hassles.

The child can't get a Thai passport, until he has a Thai birth certificate, which can only be obtained from the Thai embassy in London.

A Thai passport for him would be the sensible option,but as we live in Manchester and the Thai Embassy is in London it's not economic to go through that process unless we visit London for a few days which can be expensive and i think unnecessary at his early age.As there are no fines involved.I think it would be cheaper to get a O immigrant visa in his passport.

Aw, come on! It's easy to get from Manchester / Crewe down to Euston for 8.30am. Go to the embassy, get a translation and a photo of your boy taken, and you could be back home by teatime.

The stuff will be posted to you soon after that. You have to do it one day, so go make your appointment now.

Aw, come on! It's easy to get from Manchester / Crewe down to Euston for 8.30am. Go to the embassy, get a translation and a photo of your boy taken, and you could be back home by teatime.

The stuff will be posted to you soon after that. You have to do it one day, so go make your appointment now.

That in the ideal world would be great but theres no way the wife would travel to London and not see the sights,and that means at least a week and a lot of expense,maybe next year :)