Non 0 Or Non B

hi, this is a visa question but concerns getting a work permit to teach, so i hope i have put it in the right section.

i had a non-o, but it expired before i could get the necessary things done for immigration. i then went to maesai to get 15 days xtra and so on to nan to get an additional 60 days(reason was married and wanted to stay with my thai wife.

i have the necessary paperwork for income (letter from my embassy for 50,000 monthly) and was going to bangkok soon to get a non-o and then return to nan to get it extended for a year.

however, i was offered a teaching position and am now not sure what visa to apply for.

should i get a letter from the school stating i need a non-b instead of an o visa and get that extended at nan or just go ahead for the non-o and change it later if i need to.

any advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.

regards.

hi, this is a visa question but concerns getting a work permit to teach, so i hope i have put it in the right section.

i had a non-o, but it expired before i could get the necessary things done for immigration. i then went to maesai to get 15 days xtra and so on to nan to get an additional 60 days(reason was married and wanted to stay with my thai wife.

i have the necessary paperwork for income (letter from my embassy for 50,000 monthly) and was going to bangkok soon to get a non-o and then return to nan to get it extended for a year.

however, i was offered a teaching position and am now not sure what visa to apply for.

should i get a letter from the school stating i need a non-b instead of an o visa and get that extended at nan or just go ahead for the non-o and change it later if i need to.

any advice is appreciated. thanks in advance.

regards.

Well now you have choices. You can work and obtain a WP on a non o or non b (work) visa. The good thing about the non o (marriage)visa is that it is not attached to your job, where the non b is, so if you do not like your teaching job and decide to leave, not only is your non b canceled but your WP is as well.

Personally if you have all of the necessary paperwork for your non o, I would think that this would be the best route to go.

I am sure that there are other posters more informed than myself. i am just speaking from personal experience. Good luck! :)

If at a government school, Nan immigration requires you to have a teacher license or temporary waiver there of. Have the school check with Nan first.

If you go and extend for marriage in Nan, expect to pay some extra money for your first extension.

The teaching job requires less paperwork for an extension of stay, but is indeed tied to the job. An extension based on marriage is more paperwork and you have to go back at a later time for final approval.

But you do not have 24 hours to get out of Dodge City using the marriage extension of stay. I would go for the marriage extension of stay in the hope it is more secure than a job and as you appear to meet the requirements. But in either case the non immigrant O visa to start the process should be fine.