Food warning

Mighty Mouse

Whilst enjoying your icy cold beer at your local watering hole, how many of you nibble on those complimentary peanuts that the bar staff give you?

I have seen so many customers play with these peanuts, drop them on the floor, pick them up and put them back into the dish and not eat all of them.

I have seen customers return from the toilet, dig into their peanuts but not eat them all. Did they wash their hands after using the toilet? Maybe only 60% of them did.

When these customers move on, the bar staff pick up the dish of uneaten peanuts and put them back into the tin to await the next unsuspecting customer.

What germs and other nasties are attached to these peanuts?

Stick food on the food carts is also questionable.

During night time sales I have witnessed those little light globes dangling over the food, shatter and spray glass fragments over everything.

Did you ever wonder why some stick food is unusually crunchy.

If you have ever been down the backstreets and watch them preparing stick food for sale, you wouldn't eat it.

If it drops onto the ground, it is put back onto the tray.

I have seen dogs eating off those trays immediately before the food is placed upon them.

Hygiene is rarely practiced by many Thai food sellers.

Restaurant kitchens aren't much better either.

What horror stories might some of you have?

my personal favorite is the woman who was bringing out our two dishes of khao man gai and sneezed all over my plate, in full view. and then proceeded to put my plate in front of me. needless to say, i was no longer hungry!

in my experience if you stick to food that is cooked to order,rather than prepared beforehand and displayed,then there will be no problems. soups (gwetayoo,baa mee naam etc,) and stir fried dishes should be ok too.

food stalls that are regularly busy should present no probs. either.i've seen disgusting things go on in the kitchens of restaurants and good hotels too.

however, if added flavour is sneezed onto your plate,it is definately time to walk away.

bon appetit.

When these customers move on, the bar staff pick up the dish of uneaten peanuts and put them back into the tin to await the next unsuspecting customer.

What germs and other nasties are attached to these peanuts?

Just as a matter of curiosity; do you think they Re-cycle the used Toothpicks (not pricks) as well?

:o  :D  B)  :cool:

Sorry no comment on the nuts, just looking for I.T as i know he loves talking about food, and always while your trying to discuss something else,

by the way i always stick my fingers in those bowls off nibbles after i come out of the toilet without washing my hands, eat em up yum yum!!!!!!!!

Sitting in a restaurant once and kept feeling wet things tapping me - thought 'what strange mozzies'. Something caught my attention and looked up at the banisters to find rats merrily running to and fro. Then looked down and realised that what I thought were mozzies was actually rat poo - luckily my food hadn't arrived yet  :o

I was in a bar behind some plastic plants with a girl - she went down for a BJ, coming up for air now again. She looked over the plants and saw her regular boy friend come in, quickly finished off and dashed out into the bar.

I went to the wash room to clean up (wash my hands before I try the peanuts) and came to the bar - there was the girl with her tongue down her boyfriend's throat!

I don't think that guy's who are licking bar girl's should be concerned about food hadleing, food may be most sanitary thing they are eating :laugh:

Food all over the world, weather 5 star restaurant or street stall is handeled terribley, so really wish you would not bring it up. Ignorance is bliss.

overheard in reastaurant, 2 waitresses are peaking out door of kitchen and then break out in laughter, saying look he is actually eating it.  Tip well, treat waitress with respect, it is your only defense.

I love it..when friends come to visit what are you gonna tell them?

Don't eat them nuts...they've probably got sh*t on them...

Don't eat that stick bbq...some dog has probably licked them..

Don't eat that khaao man gai...someone with HIV has infected it...

Don't kiss that girl...she probably just finished a bbbj and hasn't brushed her teeth...

Then they say 'then what are we gonna do?...I can get Pizza Hut and MacDonalds back home...'

Give it up...who's paying you to be agents of western culinary imperialism? I'm sure that the G Dubya entourage will not survive without burgers and pizza...even the mice used to detect poison won't be able to pick up on spittle and mucous...

too bad for them...

Then they say 'then what are we gonna do?...I can get Pizza Hut and MacDonalds back home...'

Give it up...who's paying you to be agents of western culinary imperialism? I'm sure that the G Dubya entourage will not survive without burgers and pizza...even the mice used to detect poison won't be able to pick up on spittle and mucous...

Those poor poison detecting mice have been caught, put through the mincer, turned into a meat pattie and are now served at McDonalds on a sesame seed bun.

::o:

c'mon, sbk...we're all educated adults here...have I proposed something grammatically incorrect? western culinary imperialism should enter the lexicon without too much trouble...there shall be theses proposed and presented, debates and speeches delivered and international development budgets involving millions of dollars raised all on what you have seen here today...I take no credit as the unseen and unheralded progenitor.

life can be tough...being a clever rascal

there are two kind of men ...

those who wash their hands before to take a leak, because they have their hands dirty but a clean dick ...

and those who wash their hands after because their have a dirty dick but clean hands  :D

hahaha  B)  B)

they should put plastic gloves in toilets  :o

Yes you are.

Now please vote Libertarian.

http://www.lp.org

It's never going to happen as this government really really enjoys the money it steals too much to permit any real freedom from taking place.

Certainly there is no doubt in anyones mind that this current group is not for smaller less government huh?

I think an excerpt from our african ameriican brudda's from the 1960's might happen and that would probably be a good thing.

I'll be on the beach. Thank goodness for bidness accounts in hong kong.

Rgrds

Mr V who will help you be set free  :o

Sorry mrV...I don't vote...liberal democracies and their apologists are a curse upon mankind...

don't ask about alternative arrangements...I would just say to immerse oneself in cinema, literature and the sublime and to be called upon when the big issues are at hand...