Atm: Where Can U Get Large Amounts

sometimes I need to get cash more than 20.000 BT, but all machines I know so far, have a limit at 20.000 so i have to do another transaction, very expensive, cause I have to use my European ATM card for that. anybody knows about ATMs which allow more than 20.000 in one transaction ? and where is the limit ? actually 30.000 would be okay for me, but 20.000 not enough....thanks for advice....

Yesterday I was with one of my friends and she needed 40,000 baht in cash. She was having an account in Siam Commercial Bank and she took out 40,000 baht in two transactions, one after another, from the same machine, 20,000 baht each. So I guess if you have an account in SCB, you can take out 40,000 baht and thats my experience....

Edited by chao choo

but as I stated, I have to use a foreign card for that......so i only need informations about that......if I had a local card, it would be easy of course cause they dont charge a stupid 230 baht fee each time.......

sometimes I need to get cash more than 20.000 BT, but all machines I know so far, have a limit at 20.000 so i have to do another transaction, very expensive, cause I have to use my European ATM card for that. anybody knows about ATMs which allow more than 20.000 in one transaction ? and where is the limit ? actually 30.000 would be okay for me, but 20.000 not enough....thanks for advice....

Dress up as a Thai woman & just push any farang's buttons -- no limits encountered by those who came before you! :o

If you pose as a beautiful one though, you can take the machines home and push the buttons in sybaritic splendor!

:D

ATM Card

Once you have a savings account, current account or

fixed account with Siam Commercial Bank, you can

request for ATM card service with us.There are

2 choices: Regular Card and Gold Card.

For those who would like to get the ATM card quickly,

you can request the Pre-Issued ATM card

which you will receive the card and the PIN instantly.

Service Details

For Silver and Gold Card

1. You can deposit, withdraw, check balance and

make payments via the ATM and the Cash Deposit

Machine (CDM).

2. You can make payments for products and services

through EPS at participating shops with the sign

"We accept ATM cards".

3. You can use the service at the ATM of the banks

that participate the ATM Pool network for 24 hours a day.

4. You can transfer money to the third party (account

of Siam Commercial Bank) during 06.00 am - 11.00 pm

5. You can transfer money between banks (ORFT)

for 13 banks during 06.00 am - 9.00 pm

6. You can change your ATM PIN at the ATM

• For Gold Card only

7. You can make payments for products and services

through payments receiving machine at participating

shops with the sign "Maestro".

8. You can use the service at ATMs of Cirrus group.

9. For Gold Card service user, you will receive accidental

insurance coverage up to 50,000 Baht for free in the first

year.

Conditions of the Service

1. Once you have a savings account, current account or fixed

accountwith Siam Commercial Bank, you can request ATM

card service with us at any branch.

2. The account must be of regular person only.

3. Owners of account with "AND" attribute cannot request

ATM card.

4. Each owner of account with "AND/OR" attribute must

request one ATM card.

5. For those with fixed account can only use the balance

checking and receiving transferred money service only.

Fees

Details Fees Note

Entry Fee

- Silver Card

- Gold Card

50 Baht/Card

100 Baht/Card

Annual Fee

- Silver Card

- Gold Card

100 Baht/Card

150 Baht/Card

For next year, the fee

will be automatically

deducted from the

account in the next

month statement after

anniversary

Fee for using the ATM

service abroad 100 baht/use Only available for Gold Card

Fee for using the ATM

machine of othe banks 3 baht/use The fee for the first five times is waived.

Fee for transferring

money (in the case

of different area) Line Fee 10 baht

/10,000 baht

transferring

Fee for transfer to

other banks (ORFT) 35 baht/use Maxinum 20,000 Baht/day

Notesุ - Number of times using to withdraw and to

transfer cannot exceed 7 times / card / day

Extract from Siam Commercial website......notice last line you can withdraw up to 7 times per day giving potentially a withdrawal of 7 x 20000=140000 per day.

All ATMs I found here can give a maximum of 20 bills, so a maximum of 20000 bahts...

Anyway if your transaction fee is only 230 bahts using an european account, you should be happy: with my bank, when I withdraw in a foreign country, fees are a percentage of the withdrawn money, and a lot more than 230 bahts.

but as I stated, I have to use a foreign card for that......so i only need informations about that......if I had a local card, it would be easy of course cause they dont charge a stupid 230 baht fee each time.......

Like I said earlier, Thai Military bank, foreign card, 40,000 a day.

All ATMs I found here can give a maximum of 20 bills, so a maximum of 20000 bahts...

Anyway if your transaction fee is only 230 bahts using an european account, you should be happy: with my bank, when I withdraw in a foreign country, fees are a percentage of the withdrawn money, and a lot more than 230 bahts.

Even if they only have 500 baht bills to pay out? Think you will find they can handle 25 to 30 bills. Software may limit them them to 20k pay out but when they only have 500 baht bills have found they can pay 12,500 (25 bills). And as I posted have been able to get 25k from every Bangkok Bank atm I have used this year.

as lopburi stated, Bangkok Banks ATMs all give you 25 000 Baht. It doesn't matter whether you use a Bangkok Bank card or a foreign card. I have done it many times with different foreign cards, never a problem. I use specifically Bangkok Banks ATMs as they give the highest amount - for the same reasons as OP, each withdrawal I am charged a fixed amount, depending on the card this amount can be up to 250 B. The only problem: it can happen that the ATM is out of 1000-bills, the max amount is 25 bills.

I use Citibank USA. Until about a year ago they gave you five free transactions a month. It is now $1.50 per transaction regardless of the amount. All the ATM machines I have used dispense no more than 20 bills. If the machine is out of 1000 baht notes it is still 20 bills or 10,000 baht per transaction. Several times I have made back to back 20,000 baht withdrawals. I now use a Siam Bank ATM card and transactions are free. I wire money into the account once a year.

I use Citibank USA. Until about a year ago they gave you five free transactions a month. It is now $1.50  per transaction regardless of the amount. All the ATM machines I have used dispense no more than 20 bills. If the machine is out of 1000 baht notes it is still 20 bills or 10,000 baht per transaction. Several times I have made back to back 20,000 baht withdrawals. I now use a Siam Bank ATM card and transactions are free. I wire money into the account once a year.

I know Bangkok Bank and Bank of Asia do allow more than 20 notes when giving 500 baht bills and believe have also had it happen at SCB but has been too long for clear memory. :o

The local account/card is the way to go for those of us who live here as we only have fees if out of area and they are not very high if you normally take a full 20-25k per hit.

Will also note my last wire transfer from US bank - called at 2220 Monday night and withdrawal at atm next day at 1220 showed it had already been credited into account here at BBL. Perhaps just because they knew the baht was falling?

Edited by lopburi3

thanks UHUH....this was the only really helpful reply out of all 19.....25.000 baht will be enough for me, I will try that...... sometimes I think people cannot read, cause I said i need that amounbt in ONE transaction because of the large FEE and I HAVE TO use my foreign card.....if I can do many transaction its no problem of course......I could get 1 million from different banks easily, only if i have it avalible on my account of course ;-)

• 11 months later...

I told to the world some time ago that ONLY Bank of Asia, now UOB can give 30000 baht in one transaction.

There's a special setting for the SCB Easy ATM card of SCB (you can change from the ATM itself) that will give you a maximum withdrawl limit of 200,000 per day (up from 25k, I think). Limit per transaction is 20k baht.

i just withdrew 30k this morning with UOB at the ATM.

i really need 70k but thats all they can do over the machine.

the guy at the counter said to write myself a cash check, funny i never thought of doing that before.

thanks UHUH....this was the only really helpful reply out of all 19.....25.000 baht will be enough for me, I will try that...... sometimes I think people cannot read, cause I said i need that amounbt in ONE transaction because of the large FEE and I HAVE TO use my foreign card.....if I can do many transaction its no problem of course......I could get 1 million from different banks easily, only if i have it avalible on my account of course ;-)

Reading AND understanding can be difficult sometimes. :o

I have the same problem.

One ATM from Ayuthaya bank (The yellow ones) on Samui was giving 40.000 in ONE transaction over several months. Until tourist high season started, then it was 20.000 maximum.

At least he machine is capable of dispensing more than 20 bills. They just changed the setting.

Unfortunately when high season was over it stayed at 20.000 maximum.

I got 40.000 in 1 transaction from Siam Commercial once (Surat Thani). It was not near where i lived, i used it only 1 time.

If your card has a visa logo on it, like mine from UK, Halifax or Nationwide then all you need to do is go into the bank and request to draw a larger amount out. They will (SCB) swipe it through a machine you sign and voila more than 20K. I regularly draw 80K using this method.

Chock Dee

• 2 weeks later...

I told to the world some time ago that ONLY Bank of Asia, now UOB can give 30000 baht in one transaction.

My BOA account opened 6 yrs ago comes with an electron card. I seem to remember that the daily limit was 200,000 with that card. Not sure now under UOB.