Honda Pcx 125i And Tiger G-max 150

ChiangMai2

Just been looking on the internet as I'm looking for a new scooter, does anyone know if the Honda PCX 125i will be available early next year? Any pricing information?

Also anyone have experience with the Tiger G-MAX 150, a re badged PGO bike - apparently?

I like the look of both of them, from what I can see the Tiger is available now. I've read that you shouldn't touch Tiger with a barge pole but have a few friends that have owned them ( different models ) and totally disagree..

Any advice from seasoned scooter riders is appreciated.

P.S. I'm looking for something different that a 2 metre chap is comfortable on, just short village runs, so if you know of something else please let me know. Budget 80k max..

http://cars-kssn.blogspot.com/2009/09/all-...cooter-pcx.html

http://tigersachsclub.com/pictureszoom/G-max.jpg

Nothing wrong with the Tiger, but the G-Max 150 is basically the old PGO G-Max 150 - before PGO upgraded the G-Max 150 with a fuel-injection system. On the other hand the Honda PCX 125i is equipped with the latest technology - Honda latest CV-Matic (V-belt variable transmission), the latest Honda PGM-FI, and the Honda PCX 125i is something we can call a Hybrid motorcycle... As it is acceleration from a complete stop is powered by a electric motor... to save fuel

For the full details on the Honda PCX 125i you need to wait a few days, maybe a week. Honda will go public with the Honda PCX soon...

For now I can only say that the engine of the PCX shuts-down if you're waiting for a traffic light, the engine wakes up during acceleration by the electronic cell-motor. I can understand that some other motorcycle news sources have misunderstand this new technology. The PCX will be the first commercial available motorcycle with so-called Start-Stop technology.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Start/stop automatic, OK. But electric motor that accelerates from stand-still? I'll believe it when I see it... it kinda would make sense if this motor was only for the first few meters or so - then it could work with a small battery, and it would save additional fuel and solve the problem that the start auto might otherwise be too slow.

In any case - this is exciting!

Start/stop automatic, OK. But electric motor that accelerates from stand-still? I'll believe it when I see it... it kinda would make sense if this motor was only for the first few meters or so - then it could work with a small battery, and it would save additional fuel and solve the problem that the start auto might otherwise be too slow.

In any case - this is exciting!

Its exciting cost- and weight- saving tech to use the same electrical "engine" as alternotor and starter, but hybrid? just calculate how much battery capasity is needed to accelerate 250 kg from 0-30 kmh. I m afraid one poster is far out again. Or am I? If I am , I am sorry. But within a motosai budget, there is no hybrid. :)

I v been trying to buy this machine since according to Richardbkk it was supposed to be out in november, but still not available.

Edited by katabeachbum

• 2 weeks later...
For the full details on the Honda PCX 125i you need to wait a few days, maybe a week. Honda will go public with the Honda PCX soon...

For now I can only say that the engine of the PCX shuts-down if you're waiting for a traffic light, the engine wakes up during acceleration by the electronic cell-motor. I can understand that some other motorcycle news sources have misunderstand this new technology. The PCX will be the first commercial available motorcycle with so-called Start-Stop technology.

Any further info on this new Hybrid scoot ??

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys im in thailand and i took a pcx today for a test ride, firstly the price is 72,000 baht the showrooms have them, its not a hybrid, the above gentleman was right, when the bike is stationary whilst on it, traffic etc after 3 sec the bike knows and turns off automatically, then at the turn of the throttle it wakes up again ( well starts up) it was very quick the response time.. Lights green accelerate (motor is off) accelarate within a fraction of a second the motor turns on, easy and simple... It is fuel injected, looks futuristic thou a smaller version of t-max. The dealer couldnt say what accesories are available as of yet.. it has quite a lage understorage seat compartment, similar to the nouve yamaha elegance, it has plastics like a glove box that opens similar to a car, small very small.. The ride, well i had the bloke sitting on the back from the dealer lol, the ride was smooth the suspension was good, over the bumps it felt very solid and does feel solid, the acceleration was smooth very smooth, thou the power i must say i wasnt to impressed..The comfort was superior it would be great going for a nice long ride on this, comfort 10/10 anyway they are at your dealer most in thailand, so get of your ass up and look instead of writting and dreaming on the contrary they are in dealers whoever wrote production starts in november is and was wrong, there in store...

• 5 weeks later...

hi

i am buying one of these things tomorrow... apparantly they are flying off the floor.... i paid 73000 plus 500 for the thais to reg the book for me...

the only extra you need is the rear box... but they are not around until feb... they have the boxes... but they dont know the price ( ah well only thailand!!)

i wanted mine mid dec.... but wanted to wait until 1st jan... so the book says 2010.... the dealer wanted a deposit.. as they were saying prices were going up in 2010... because of demand...

got all the usual blank stares... when i asked about finance, farang size helmets... although the thai rep... wanted my blackberry!!!!

it took a good thai friend to get them to sort this out....

asked for a discount and a test drive... might aswell asked for a miracle

if anyone wants pics and feedback contact me thro this site

• 1 month later...

I rented one this weekend in Pattaya, most places want 500 baht a day, I got it for 400. I have rented lots of scooters here in Thailand and this is by far the best! Well balanced, handled like a dream, quite, smooth, comfortable... And yes it turns itself off and back on in an instant at the twist of the throttle. I agree with a previous poster, could use a little more power and speed but still a great scooter! I will wait awhile and buy a used one as in the mean time I have my Yamaha Diversion 400 which Btw is for sale with green book for 70K baht. Interested?

PM OP.

I rented one this weekend in Pattaya, most places want 500 baht a day, I got it for 400. I have rented lots of scooters here in Thailand and this is by far the best! Well balanced, handled like a dream, quite, smooth, comfortable... And yes it turns itself off and back on in an instant at the twist of the throttle. I agree with a previous poster, could use a little more power and speed but still a great scooter! I will wait awhile and buy a used one as in the mean time I have my Yamaha Diversion 400 which Btw is for sale with green book for 70K baht. Interested? j PM

Hi, you got an email waiting :-)

Someone posted his experience with the Tiger Boxer 150 which has 4 shock absorbers. The engine was okay but his riding style meant it was maxed out a lot and strained. Charlie owns the Boxer 250 RS and is happy with the bigger one.

A scooter might be good for town and short trips, but for long tours, a real motorcycle would be my choice. Got value, I like the Honda step through models with EFI. The CZ-110 i gets great fuel economy and is bullet proof. Spend the THB 35,000 on something else?

Ride on,

Chris

I have the PCX, it blows any other scooter out of the water. If you are going for a scooter, there is no way you would be dissapointed with the PCX125. Its awesome. Doesn't feel like a toy anymore.

Someone posted his experience with the Tiger Boxer 150 which has 4 shock absorbers. The engine was okay but his riding style meant it was maxed out a lot and strained. Charlie owns the Boxer 250 RS and is happy with the bigger one.

A scooter might be good for town and short trips, but for long tours, a real motorcycle would be my choice. Got value, I like the Honda step through models with EFI. The CZ-110 i gets great fuel economy and is bullet proof. Spend the THB 35,000 on something else?

Ride on,

Chris