Meneires Disease

timonase

Hello All,

as promised i report back after my appointement with a doctor recommended to me by a fellow thaivisa user. I have to say, he was by far the most knowlegable doctor i have encountered about the meniere disease i have met so far in Thailand. In addition to that, he took his time, which is almost as valuable in my opinion. He did not rush, eventhough there were other patients waiting.

Through exclusion of most likely everything else i could have in the ear or brain, he came to the conclusion that i indeed have menieres disease. PM me if you would like more details on tests done etc.

The next step was for me to find out, weather he is up to date to the many different treatment methods on meniere. And again, i have to say....he is. He knows or has read of every even the newest approaches. Some he believes in some he does not.

Of course, inreversible surgical methods are for him also a matter of last resort, but even on this matter he is up to date on many different ways.

He is a follower/believer, as in the same opinion, as a German professor, That betahisine( Serc) should be given. BUT in very high doses. ( 48 mg 3 time a day), so thats what he prescribed me. In addition, due to the high frequency of my attackes i was given a duretic, to control my natrium( salt) level in my blood, after making, sure by looking through my recent blood tests that my kidney functions were ok.

Of course he gave all dietry advices, already discussed in tis threat. Low Salt, low caffein, low alcohol. low nicotine etc.

Overall a very pleasent doctor and very sympathetic to meniere sufferes.

We willl now see, whether the medication does help and even if not...i had the feeling, he would have one more trick up his sleeve if this method of treatment does not show positiv effects.

Thank you all for the input and of course i am more than willlin to answer any questions you might have.

regards

Timo