Lime Scale Remover

Ordinary "WHITE VINEGAR". Pour on full strength. Cover the area with paper towels and the soak the towels full strength and keep the towels wet. Leave it on to area for 30 minutes to several hours depending on how bad it is. Then rinse with water. Works every time.

Vixol - not the pink one, the one in the white plastic bottle: 20% hydrochloric acid. Take care!

While I've never used the product, and it may be a wonderful product, in college and teaching, one of my responsibilities years ago was diluting hydrochloric acid from 100% down to 10%. Do be a bit cautious about HCl fumes. :)

Vixol - not the pink one, the one in the white plastic bottle: 20% hydrochloric acid. Take care!

While I've never used the product, and it may be a wonderful product, in college and teaching, one of my responsibilities years ago was diluting hydrochloric acid from 100% down to 10%. Do be a bit cautious about HCl fumes. :)

Dämn right! I used it undiluted in the shower once and staggered out coughing after a couple of minutes.

Hi

I bought the hypro and one in a blue bottle called duck ra-killer the ra-killer i think was the best but non of them near as good as HG scale away just so much better,,, and so much more expensive but i will stick to that, thx anyway guys

Great product called "Burmese Maid".

Guaranteed limescale free, even after 4 days of scrubbing. Quite cheap, comes in containers about 4' 10 inches high. Sometimes smells a little.

Should be up there with "Darkie-now Darlie Toothpaste"

• 1 year later...

Yes, the best time scale remover that i have found is the one at HOME PRO, called HG, so no one has something cheaper ?

Vinegar might be ok but hard to use on the walls.

And i wonder, with so much limescale in the water, how long does a water heater survives here ? Anything to do to keep it working longer ?

Thanks.

You can fit a salination unit to the water supply. But

- it's quite expensive on salt even though it only doses a trace of salt

- you need to have a separate pure water supply to the kitchen for human consumption uses (or you will eventually get a heart attack or something similar from the salt

- I have no idea whether you can buy such in Thailand

I had one in a house I bought in London 20 years ago.

Probably cheaper to replace the water heater every 5 years and the washing machine every 10 years (say).