Advice Please. Accommodation For A Group Of Six

Xangsamhua

I am bringing a group of six (including myself) to Chiangmai and Chiangrai between Xmas and New Year. Is it possible, in Chiangmai, to get hotel/guesthouse accommodation in two rooms - one for two people (Mrs Xang and myself) and one for four (3 adults and a child) 26-28 December?

It doesn't have to be budget accommodation - middle range would do, unless someone knows of really good deals in budget places. I was looking on the net at the Chiangmai Plaza (so we can be near the Night Bazaar). They have rooms for 4, but not for 3.

Any leads would much appreciated.

Xangsamhua

Chiang Mai Plaza does do three in a room. They have some dedicated three-bed triples and also do put-me-ups in standards and the option of having connecting rooms. I wouldn't stay there, however; as they're snooty bunch. It's a shame as it's a really nice hotel (save a lack of updating), with a nice pool and locale.

Duangtawan has proper triples, or at least used to. It's been a while since I was last there but checked out a room that had a separate bedroom within, although not sure how many beds. It's also closer to the Bazaar than CM Plaza.

Chiang Mai Plaza does do three in a room. They have some dedicated three-bed triples and also do put-me-ups in standards and the option of having connecting rooms. I wouldn't stay there, however; as they're snooty bunch. It's a shame as it's a really nice hotel (save a lack of updating), with a nice pool and locale.

Duangtawan has proper triples, or at least used to. It's been a while since I was last there but checked out a room that had a separate bedroom within, although not sure how many beds. It's also closer to the Bazaar than CM Plaza.

Thanks, Jack, for your response.

I stuffed up the wording in my original post. I should have said CM Plaza have triples, but not rooms for 4. Royal Lanna is the same. I haven't looked at a serviced apartment because we're only staying two nights. We'd like to stay somewhere quite close to the Night Bazaar - my in-laws are more that kind of people than nature-lovers, I think. I'll try Duangtawan.

Edited by Xangsamhua

Most hotel rooms will put an 'extra bed' in a 2 bed room if you ask.There is usually a charge for this including the extra breakfast. Try to make sure the room is not small so there is still room to move with the extra bed.

Thanks

:)

Just had a group of 11 come to CM and they all stayed at The Grand Napat. The place is very nice, BUT, the staff are a little on the slow side. Had a buddy fly in at 12:30AM on the 24th, and the hotel was to use their van to pick him up. When I called to talk with him they said, "Oh, he does not check in till tomorrow", despite us confirming that he is landing in the early morning on the 24th, twice in english, and once in Thai to make sure that they understood. Other than issues with the staff, everyone really enjoyed their stay there. And, they have a free shuttle to the night bazzar. And use of the Hotel Van is only 120B per way.

Looks really nice on their webpage. Will check it out.

I've got a few options now and will contact the hotels. Many thanks for everyone's help. :):D

For 4 people many hotels have connecting rooms - 2 doubles with connecting door you can open to make it like one room.

Much more space like that.

Thanks cmsally. We've booked at the Tarin Hotel and I think that's the arrangement we have there (Mrs X made the booking by phone).