Tourist Visa On Arrival

As a holder of a work permit etc for the last 7 years, it all expires on the 24th November. This is not a major problem as I now work in China. But, the company who controls my China operation is based in Bangkok. Being a UK passport holder, I realise that I can get 30 day visa on arrival at Swampy, but are there any restrictions on the number of entries using this method.

I will be required to go to BKK quite regularly, but always entering by the airport not land border, each visit could last for up to 7 days. Can anyone see any potential pit falls here ? One possible problem could be not holding a outbound air ticket, this because the company buys all tickets in BKK.

Not having return ticket could be a problem. Can your Bangkok company provide a letter to allow you to obtain a non immigrant B multi entry visa by chance? You would probably have to leave the immediate are to obtain as locally they expect a work permit but that would cover travel and seem to fit what you will likely be doing (coordination/reporting?).

Indeed biggest problem would be not having outbound tickets!

Immigration seldom checks this, but airline staff might very well refuse you to board, as it is the airline which would be responsible for flying you back if immigration would not allow you to enter.

If you have you work permit with you, it might be possible to obtain a multiple entry Non immigrant at a Thai embassy/consulate in China. Not sure though, definitely a single entry.

This would solve the problem for the next year.

Apart from the outbound tickets there are no restriction on visa free entries, especially if they are not back to back.