Kid's Bicycle Tyre Puncture - Where To Fix?

ihightower

I have bought a bicycle from Tesco about 1.5 years back, and both tyres do not retain air.

Looks like there is some leak or punctured.

Where can I take it to fix? Around Rama 3 or Silom Areas. Is there any possibility of a fix?

Any idea about costs?

Similar Bicycle as this one:

Diamondback_Laser-16_boys_bicycle.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by ihightower

Any motorbike repair shop (look for tires hanging in the foliage outside for a cue where they are) will be happy to fix it for you. If it can be repaired cost will be in the order of B20 per tire, if not maybe B40-60 for a new inner tube.

Any motorbike repair shop (look for tires hanging in the foliage outside for a cue where they are) will be happy to fix it for you. If it can be repaired cost will be in the order of B20 per tire, if not maybe B40-60 for a new inner tube.

Sheesh take the wheel/s off get a couple of spoons, let the air out of the tyre stick the handle end of the spoons inbetween the rim and tyre and lever it half off. Pull out the inner tube (unscrew the valve first), pump it up and look for bubbles in water. Dry it off buy some patches lightly sand the hole area with wet and dry fine paper and smear vulcanising solution over the hole area making sure its clean then stick the patch on, leave few minutes and stuff it all back together checking the tyre for anything that might have caused the puncture. Before insertting the tube pump it up very slightly it will go in easier, good idea to put talcum powder over the tube too.

used to do this myself aged about 8 years old.

Sheesh take the wheel/s off get a couple of spoons, let the air out of the tyre stick the handle end of the spoons inbetween the rim and tyre and lever it half off. Pull out the inner tube (unscrew the valve first), pump it up and look for bubbles in water. Dry it off buy some patches lightly sand the hole area with wet and dry fine paper and smear vulcanising solution over the hole area making sure its clean then stick the patch on, leave few minutes and stuff it all back together checking the tyre for anything that might have caused the puncture. Before insertting the tube pump it up very slightly it will go in easier, good idea to put talcum powder over the tube too.

I thought everyone could do that :)

LOL, or fork over 20 baht at the motorcycle repair shop. He isn't an 8 year old playing with his bike. He just wants it fixed. Sure, I learned to change a bicycle tire when I was a kid but I surely wouldn't consider doing it in Thailand. It is far easier to find a shop that will fix it then to find where to buy the tools and materials to fix it yourself.

:)

LOL, or fork over 20 baht at the motorcycle repair shop. He isn't an 8 year old playing with his bike. He just wants it fixed. Sure, I learned to change a bicycle tire when I was a kid but I surely wouldn't consider doing it in Thailand. It is far easier to find a shop that will fix it then to find where to buy the tools and materials to fix it yourself.

Far more satisfying for a kid to fix his owm bike. If it happens again he will be far more confident in dealing with the problem. Same as learning to swim...you can't just pay for it.

Its called "satisfaction" and he could teach his kids too or he could go to the shop and learn nothing and be dependant on others.................good luck!

Far more satisfying for a kid to fix his owm bike. If it happens again he will be far more confident in dealing with the problem. Same as learning to swim...you can't just pay for it.

First puncture I got on my first 'real' bike my dad helped me take off the wheels and tyres and fix it.

Can be done in a few minutes, much quicker than spending a couple of days searching for bike shops and waiting for answers on a forum.