• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Awarded Nobel Peace Prize for Nuclear Disarmament

2. 0

Controversy Surrounds Guardian Review of Oct 7 Documentary on Hamas Massacre

3. 0

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

4. 0

The Growing Influence of the US Far Right on Ireland's Extremist Movements

5. 0

Boris Johnson Hints at Potential Return to Front-Line Politics

6. 0

Pro-Palestinian ‘mob-rule tactics’ Force Postponement of Braverman’s Cambridge Speech

7. 0

Taylor Swift Donates $5 Million to Hurricane Relief Efforts

8. 0

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 0

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

10. 0

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

11. 0

U.S. Seeks to Weaken Hezbollah’s Grip on Lebanon Amid Israeli Offensive

12. 0

YouTuber and BBC Star Yung Filly Arrested in Australia Over Alleged Hotel Rape

13. 4

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

Tattoo In Cm

jazvisa

I've done a search but most of the threads are old...

I'm looking to get a tattoo. Its a plain black, no shading, silhouette. About 8x10 centimeters on my arm.

I understand that most Thai tattoo artists(well most artists anywhere) like to do freehand, more creative and artistic work.

So I was wondering if anyone can recommend an artist that is good at strait, solid lines and would not mind doing a plain copy of something?

Because the last thing I want is to go to someone who is just not enthused in the work at all.

Also I know its hard to say without seeing but whats a ball park figure for something like this? Per hour?

Thanks for any help :)

Edited by jazvisa

Hey Jazvisz....I searched long and hard for the right tattoo artist and I think I fould one. A little hard to give direction though. The shop is off Soi Vieng Bua between Chiang Puek and Santhitham. If you want to pm me I can give more details and I can get a phone number. He is also really well priced.

To the OP:

If you are determined to have a tattoo, remembering of course that a tattoo is for life and can’t be changed when it goes out of fashion in the future, I would be very weary of having one done in Thailand (Dirty needles, Aids etc) unless the tattoo artist comes highly recommended and is proven to have a good reputation in Thailand.

Also keep in mind that if the Tattoo artist rollocks it up, you have no readdress. In other words, you pays ya money and ya get what ya get.

Survey the tatoo parlours first, because I`m sure you wouldn`t want to walk about with an ugly scar on your body if it goes wrong.

Edited by sassienie

To the OP:

If you are determined to have a tattoo, remembering of course that a tattoo is for life and can't be changed when it goes out of fashion in the future, I would be very weary of having one done in Thailand (Dirty needles, Aids etc) unless the tattoo artist comes highly recommended and is proven to have a good reputation in Thailand.

Also keep in mind that if the Tattoo artist rollocks it up, you have no readdress. In other words, you pays ya money and ya get what ya get.

Survey the tatoo parlours first, because I`m sure you wouldn`t want to walk about with an ugly scar on your body if it goes wrong.

No worries I already have tattoo's, I'd never get anything just because its fashionable, they all mean something to me and none are visible when wearing a t-shirt and pants. I do understand your concern though, a guy I met in malaysia got a 'skull' he saw on a certain celebrity and after 3 months he was already saving to get it laser'd off lol

I'll be visiting every parlor I can find in cm later this week.

Oh and cheers Sansai for those directions :) I know exactly where it is :D

Edited by jazvisa

Can anyone give a quick price of a tattoo this size?

Just so I know what to expect...

About 3 to 5000bht. I got a very detailed all line tattoo, about 15cm diamiter wise of circular for 4000bht after a little negotiation, at a small little shop just off loi kroh about half way down on the right in a little soi 5 metres or so off main road, if walking from tapae side. Good work and fresh needles clean etc. He draws the design first to the size and how you want it, then transfers it on to where you specify, so you can see everything is how you want before the ink starts going in. This is pritty much standerd practice in my experience for shop work, as is fresh needles etc.

Only really the bamboo or metal rods which is totaly free hand, no transfer or anything, quite amazing really. Bit more trust involved that its all been sterrillised propper before though. i only get that done at the temple. 4 sak yant so far without mishap, apparrently they burn then boild after each use, so shouldnt be any trouble. Personally i reckon a burn an a boil is better than just poppin it in a modern steam cooker box thingy.

So many tallented artists about by the looks of the photos of previous works. Really is all about finding what design is right for you and depending how complex, shaded, coloured or whatever, match it to the artist by seeing their previous work. Some will naturally be better at some things than others.

Dont rush it is best advice i could give really.

Best of luck :)

I had a couple of bamboo ones done by "Nom" (he looks like a thai Jimi Hendrix) on Soi 2, Ratchvithi, diagonally opposite Jonadda GH. Paid 500b/hour and was happy with the cleanliness of the place e.t.c and his work was first class IMO but like MCCW says above, check around for the style you want - plenty of choice in CM.

Cheers,

Pikey.

I had a couple of bamboo ones done by "Nom" (he looks like a thai Jimi Hendrix) on Soi 2, Ratchvithi, diagonally opposite Jonadda GH. Paid 500b/hour and was happy with the cleanliness of the place e.t.c and his work was first class IMO but like MCCW says above, check around for the style you want - plenty of choice in CM.

Cheers,

Pikey.

What kinda work does he do mostly? I'll have to go and check this place out. thanks

Sorry to digress, but who IS reputed to be the best tattoo artist in Chiangmai?

Are you thinking about an 'Up The O's' tattoo? With the two dragon's just below? I think it would look great.

Don't forget to ask your parents first, though. :D

I'm impressed that you know the O's have two dragons.....three counting my ex. :)

Isn't google great?

Can anyone give a quick price of a tattoo this size?

Just so I know what to expect...

About 3 to 5000bht. I got a very detailed all line tattoo, about 15cm diamiter wise of circular for 4000bht after a little negotiation, at a small little shop just off loi kroh about half way down on the right in a little soi 5 metres or so off main road, if walking from tapae side. Good work and fresh needles clean etc. He draws the design first to the size and how you want it, then transfers it on to where you specify, so you can see everything is how you want before the ink starts going in. This is pritty much standerd practice in my experience for shop work, as is fresh needles etc.

Only really the bamboo or metal rods which is totaly free hand, no transfer or anything, quite amazing really. Bit more trust involved that its all been sterrillised propper before though. i only get that done at the temple. 4 sak yant so far without mishap, apparrently they burn then boild after each use, so shouldnt be any trouble. Personally i reckon a burn an a boil is better than just poppin it in a modern steam cooker box thingy.

So many tallented artists about by the looks of the photos of previous works. Really is all about finding what design is right for you and depending how complex, shaded, coloured or whatever, match it to the artist by seeing their previous work. Some will naturally be better at some things than others.

Dont rush it is best advice i could give really.

Best of luck :)

Mccw,

I have had a few tattoos done by machine both here and back home and have been thinking of getting a hand pushed yant for a long time now. Where did you get yours done and how was it? There was a thread on here a while ago about a guy on the way to Pai that did exceptional yants. Unfortunately, there was very little in formation on it though.

Thanks in advance

Guano