Makro Sign Is Up

Jimmyd

I passed by the Makro building site near the crappy aquarium on Sukhumvit south of Teprasit road, and they have their main sign up. There's still a lot of work going on, so obviously they won't open tomorrow, but there's definitely a huge Makro sign now.

I've talked to friends who have a card, free, I have been told. And then read the website with all kinds of qualifications of a business being necessary to get a card. Does anyone know if a non-business owner, a regular person, can get a card, and whether they would pay the same prices as a business owner?

I've talked to friends who have a card, free, I have been told. And then read the website with all kinds of qualifications of a business being necessary to get a card. Does anyone know if a non-business owner, a regular person, can get a card, and whether they would pay the same prices as a business owner?

Just sign up we use ours all over Thailand and about time you guys got a Makro's :)

The "Makro Girlies" were doing the rounds on Chaiyapruek 2, about a month ago, basically listen to their spiel, and recieve a card, you cannot miss them if they are in your area,

four or more trucks with awesome skirlin speakers, followed by a heap of red and white stocking/scantily clad sign'er uppers??

You can go on the www.Siammakro.co.th website, but when it gets to membership sign ups, it goes all Thai, look out for the trucks/girlies in your area, easy peasy. :)

Makro stores don’t have fancy shop shelving or fancy displays similar to what the likes of Tesco/Lotus or Carrefour have instead it’s a no frills selling of goods in bulk from warehouse type shelving.

Some years ago I went into a Makro store in Khon Kaen and some items like tinned beans etc where on the floor on pallets.

It’s about the closest you’ll get to a British cash and carry store which are supposedly for business owners only.

Makro claims to be for business owners but it appears anyone can get a card.

The Makro store in Khon Khaen had a security guy at the entrance and if you didn’t have a Makro member card you was turned away.

If the opening of the store eliminates the small mini-mart owners hogging all the tills with two or three trolley loads of cooking oil and mama packet soups in the likes of Tesco/Lotus then I’m all for Makro.

I passed the place yesterday and will be most surprised if it opens next month.

Edited by nam-thip